Frontier Communications

www.frontier.com
Employer Engaged

Decent company to work for

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

The pay and incentives were better than most places I look at

Cons

Could have done better with training

Fairly good Company to work for. I have worked for far worse Companies.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good right now but that has a lot to do with a Union collective bargaining agreement.

Cons

There is not enough technicians available on a daily basis to get the daily work done. Expected to work overtime a lot of the time including days off instead of hiring more contractors or more part-time or full-time employees.

Don't make appointments to install or repair services for customers when you know you don't have enough technicians to do the daily work. Re-open a local store where customers can order or cancel service or return or pick up equipment. Don't stress out workers by demanding overtime all the time. Hire More trained people to get the daily work done. Update and streamline your existing systems. Better training for new employees and contractors. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Satified

Current Employee - Director in Marion, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Marion, OH

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, People are great

Cons

Pace is a little slow, This is not an aggressive company

Stronger pay compared to market would be good.

Cable Sales Representative -South Norwalk,CT

Current Employee - Cable Sales Representative in South Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Cable Sales Representative in South Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Drew who interviewed seemed like a great boss to work for.

Cons

None at all that I can see so far

Internship

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Frontier Communications as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Growing company, American workforce.
    Many opportunities once you are actually hired on.
    As an intern I was able to work on a variety of projects, and given opportunity to be involved. Able to get experience using a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite, M6, DPI and Viyranet and more. In my personal experience I was able to witness many facets of the business, and was able to listen in on leadership meetings and learn more about the business as a whole.
    Management was very flexible with work life school balance!

Cons

As an intern you will only be paid $11/hr, no benefits, no paid time off (sounds funny, but when you have been an intern for as long as I have you would think that they would at least pay you for holidays), management is more concerned with their own business than training interns.
    Was told to stay home during Christmas week, without pay, because there wasn't much to do, however was told they still want me to work for them.
    Hard to get in full-time, and I have been told by others that management does not typically hire interns, just uses them and lets them go. Majority of employees are union, which makes it exceptionally hard to get hired on, due to CBAs. I have seen my fair share of interns come and go.I can attest that I have been told I am doing an extraordinary job in my current role, and feel that management does not want to loose their hardworking cheap labor.
    Sometimes there was too much responsibility placed on me, with no guidance, and management did not take into account that I was an intern trying to learn. Additionally, I wanted to get some extra training (classes, webinars, ...) during slow times to make myself more valuable to the company, however management did not see a point in this and rather had me sitting around doing nothing during these slow times (told to look busy, scan the internet, or just get lost for a while).
    One of the worst things is the negativity that is in the air (obviously, by reading the above, I have caught the bug a little myself). With all of Frontiers recent acquisitions and conversions, these consumed employees seem to complain about how Frontier does things versus how their old company did. They also LOVE to complain about management!
    Witnessed lots of waste/ shrinkage and misplacement of crucial equipment. Many projects seemed to be put together haphazardly, leaving teams to fly by the seat of their pants. Management may need to return to school and relearn leading teams, and ensure proper resources are available to ensure success.

Work more with interns and allow them to be more involved. Simple things such as letting interns listen in on "bridge calls" allows for interns to understand the telecom environment while developing questions. Also, management should do more one on ones with interns to discuss the business and teach them from experience. Management should be more of a mentor, working to shape future leaders. And finally, take workers personal situations into consideration. Who lays off someone during Christmas to save $11/hr?

Run, do not look back.

Current Employee - Client Success Representative in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Client Success Representative in Provo, UT

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses based off of survey responses.
    Starting pay of 13.00
    Supposedly at 6 months they'll give you .50 more an hour.
    You have to potential to earn extra money 1-2 an hour. (every quarter they'll evaluate your stats availability, customer satisfaction, documentation on each call etc... then they will bump your base pay of 13.00/13.50 you up for the next quarter)
    Novel building has an outstanding cafe.
    The management attempts to keep moral up, with pot lucks.

Cons

They do not have a way for you to check the total hours worked,
    They mess up on paychecks religiously
    You're bonus is based off of surveys that are completely out of your control. If a client is unhappy with the software you will lose half of your bonus due to a negative score.
    ****************************IF YOU DID NOT GET IT IN AN EMAIL, IT DID NOT HAPPEN*******************************
    Not enough parking for how fast they're growing.
    I've been there over 90 days, I still do not have access to all of my tools.
    You will not get a badge well after training is complete.
    Attendance is extremely strict, 1.5 points and you're out the door in your first 90 days. (unless you're supervisor likes you, then they'll let things slide)
    They just raised the price in the vending machines by .25 for everything. (we want to increase employee moral, by making them pay for their own work sponsored parties)
    Extreme favoritism within management.
    You must have a Coaches(supervisor) recommendation to move around in the company.
    If you do not get a second interview, you will be banned from submitting for another position for 6 months.
    90 days until you get extremely garbage insurance.
    You are responsible for entering your own overtime ( if you do not enter it, you will not get paid for it)
    You are responsible for entering any status change ( project, training, system issues) The system will not automatically track that for you.
    Mandatory overtime.
    The clean desk policy is extremely strict.
    You're required to wear Frontier branded shirts, if you want to wear a T-shirt. They will not just give you a T-shirt (they have to be earned)
    You're required to be in business casual, except on the weekends. Where you're allowed to wear Jeans and a T-shirt.
    Frontier management is unable to make up their mind on any policy for longer than 15 minutes.

You are not Gods gift to the call center world. You're starting agents out at 13. that's the only reason people are applying at your company. The management style of the beatings will continue until moral improves, will and has never worked.

Excellent career choice

Current Employee - Manager in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Deland, FL

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture, People, Work/Life balance, Benefits/Compensation are just some of the pros of working here.

Cons

It would be beneficial to have a more consice on-boarding process.

Offer more feedback to employees.

Has potential

Current Employee - Internet Help Desk Technician in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Internet Help Desk Technician in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of employee incentives, employee stock option, 401K matching, incentives to strive for higher sales (opportunity to make an extra $2 or $3 an hour for three months)

Cons

Call center environment. Got the flu and had a doctor's note to be out of work, came back to work and got a final write up as I was absent within my 90 probationary period. Was told that we would be getting something, but they never followed through.

If a employee has a doctor's note to be excused from work, don't write them up, even if they are in their 90 probationary period. Stop telling your employees one thing, and then not follow through with it.

Very demanding, and little respect for employees

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marion, OH

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

nice employees to work with

Cons

constant micromanaging and poor supervisors

they wouldn't listen to any advice

GOOD LUCK

Current Employee - Technician in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Technician in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money, money, money. That's about it

Cons

Where to start. You get treated terrible from top to bottom. You will get stabbed in the back by everyone including your "union brothers". If you have suggestions just keep them to yourself. No one there cares what you think. Don't rock the boat and just do what ever terrible suggestion they give you. If you get tires of your local management, its OK they won't last long anyway . If you expect to talk to anyone above them, expect a stern warning from your locals not to go over their head and upper management is angry now and doesn't want to hear from you. When you need to get ahold of some one in the offices for any reason, goodluck. Usually you will get their voice mail. You will leave a message which will be promptly deleted and ignored. If your lucky enough to work outside as a technician, you will be lucky enough to grow a second set of eyes. The techs around you will rat you out for everything, security will follow you, and your management will get slack for their numbers which will come down hard on you. I could keep going but I think that is enough to get then point across.

Lower management- sorry you have to be such deceiving, keniving people to keep up with the peoples demands above you.

Upper management- keep on passing the buck and blaming everything on the people below you and do nothing about it. We really appreciate the witch hunts that you conduct a few times a year, it really helps moral.

Frontier Communications Photos