Frontier Communications Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
572 reviews filtered by

1. Good place to work, if you can deal with the cons...and a lot of people can't

Current Employee - Technical Support in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Deland, FL

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Very good growth, good benefits and comp, if you don't have any kind of degree. Does a lot for employees with EAB team, ect. A lot of events, Relaxing, good culture all around. These right here are worth enough to work here, do not be fooled by my long list of cons, this place is a great place to work, if you fit into its culture. There are just many small tweaks that need to be made.

Cons

The growth is almost too rapid. Supervisors that don't even know how to properly work a computer, are supposed to lead a support team. If you fall under senior management radar, you will be worked out instantly. The computers are sluggish and slow, and there is no real urgency to upgrade systems until they fail. I work for a Intuit partner, which is completely wrong. The only time I see Senior Management really is when they are frantically running around with Intuit visitors, virtually with their heads up their... you know what... the whole time. It makes us look weak, and sometimes I am embarrassed to work for Frontier. This doesn't even count the location, we are literally 2 blocks away from the hood, I am terrified to walk to my car, because I have to park 400 yards away from the front door. Nothing is done about this, no extra security, the extra cameras or lights, nothing. Going back to our leadership team, which I feel starts with our "Senior Supervisor" because my supervisor and others seem to not be able to even lead the team, without someone interfering. I literally saw a agent get mad at a supervisor, and was GIVEN the option to move to a completely different department. Again, it makes us look weak. There is blatant favoritism, from Supervisors favoring agents, to management favoring supervisors, if it so obvious that someone at my title can see it, there is a huge problem. A few months ago we got to meet with our vice president whom stated verbatim "we have a culture where we don't promote based on who you know" What a load... Half my "Coaches" are just supervisors, they are only out for who makes them money, and demands things get done, without coaching agents to achieve that. This is a shout out to you, Completing call observations is your job, not apart of a coaching plan! Maybe if they actually did our job before becoming coaches, they would have a leg to stand on, but sadly majority have not. Again, these are all problems within my specific department.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favoritism, put more pride in your leadership team (supervisors, seniors, leads) and they will in turn put more on the agents...

2. A decent place to gain experience.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable, with some talented employees and a friendly work environment.

Cons

Gaps in professionalism, industry knowledge, and apathy toward the success of the business at executive management level. HR policy of minimal/no raises causes frequent attrition. Wages are dramatically lower than average for the area.

Advice to Management

Work on improving professionalism. Take advice from operational managers when it benefits the business. Utilize the talent you have and offer more competitive salary to retain high-performing employees.

3. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Love the place, the people and the job, we have fun here, yes it's a "call center" but one with good pay, good benefits and a nice clean environment to work in. We are growing like crazy, a lot of people are moving up fast and a lot of new practices come out every month but there is opportunity here. They look for people willing to put their hand up, volunteer to try something new, outgoing extroverted people please apply!

Cons

Every place has it's faults, I try and look at the positive, you can always find fault. Come to work and do your job with a smile,

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep growing, keep leading, but most important keep listening to your employees. Keep creating a fun place to be, to work, add some more outside activities, events that employees can gather outside of work.

5. Lead Technician

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

Employees are very friendly. This job is great is you're a student attending college.

Cons

Its not what you know its who you know that gets in upper management. Most employees that are unskillful are promoted.

Advice to Management

Floor level/operation is in desperate need of training.

I really want the job

Current Employee - Teller in East Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Teller in East Haven, CT

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

sales and love dealing with customers

Cons

I have no cons at all

Fair company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Frontier offers great benefits, perks and community involvement. The pay is okay for the area. Local leadership tend to be positive and encouraging.

Cons

Do not really have too many cons as the company has been fair to me personally. They should, however, separate sales from customer service. Its great to only have one stop to speak with a representative that can handle all of a customer's needs. However, as a consumer, if I am calling a company for an issue that I need fixed, I do not appreciated being sold to or getting convinced to get something I really do not want. The reps are trained in a certain way, however when they enact the way they are trained, they can sometimes be penalized for this. Have seen others being dismissed because they did something they were trained to do.
    There also seems to be a problem with work life balance. It would seem the employees have to give up their personal time for mandatory overtime when it is not the employees fault that the company did not have enough employees.

Advice to Management

No real advise to upper management. They may want to consider some kind of child care options for their employees and transportation options. Especially since the company claims it is a public utility that rarely closes for inclement weather even if city offices or state of emergencies have been closed. Employees at Frontier are still penalized for acts of nature causing them to possibly miss work. Other than this failing the Frontier call centers seem to have the same kind of call center culture as many other call centers around the world.

8. Good Pay, Horrible Management

Current Employee - Offline in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Offline in Deland, FL

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best pay you're going to get in Deland.

Cons

Company sucks, treats employees horribly, HR states nothing they can do, due to supervisor seniority

Advice to Management

Hire better supervisors

Get experience and get out

Former Employee - Technical Support II in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support II in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technical support position is a great learning experience for people looking to break into IT

Cons

Required sales
    Direct customer technical support.

Advice to Management

Offer a better product at a lower price to obtain and keep customers.

10. employee

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

it was a job, not much more to say

Cons

Company politics, misleading advertising, inconsistency , overbilling, no upgrades, focused on sales and profits. old equipment, slow internet speeds. code of ethics only applies when disciplinary actions

Fraud

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Allen, TX

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

At first you can deal with the job but a few months in you'll be begging for a lighting bolt to strike you at your desk.

Cons

Required overtime every single day for the rest of your life. Unrealistic sales goal and I've sold nearly 4 grand in comission in october so I know how to sell. You sell something worth $30 a month and get few dollars for it in your sales bucket. Also 50% of the comission you get is based of customers opinion. So when you lose 50% of your paycheck because a stupid customer who hasn't paid their bill in 7 months gives you a bad survey because their service is shut off your screwed. Also their products suck nobody wants slow Internet for 19.99

Advice to Management

Buy sunscreen you'll need it in hell

Frontier Communications Photos