Frontier Communications

Updated August 18, 2014

2.7

Frontier Communications Chairman & CEO Maggie Wilderotter
Maggie Wilderotter

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are probably the best thing and the only "pros" to consider (in 28 reviews)

• The pay is very good, the schedule is extremely flexible and we have good benefits (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor upper management, poor customer service, poor excuse for a fortune 500 company (in 35 reviews)

• Finding a work-life balance can be tough but can be done (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Pleased

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Thorntown, IN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Thorntown, IN

Pros

Continued advancement for broadband in the rural communities.

Cons

No medical after retirement or separation from the company.

Continue to advance in the broadband field.

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist  in  Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Deland, FL

Pros

Great benefits, for example: great insurance, retirement, PTO to name a few. Ever since I was out of training I was able to enjoy all these benefits. To this day I am still proud of where I work. Compared to other jobs in this area, Frontier is by far THE BEST.

Cons

There are no cons. I come to work and leave work at the door. In my 7 years of working here, I have never had a problem with balancing my work and life. It is a very enjoyable place to work at. I am proud to call Frontier my second home!

Give us the opportunity to make more marketing decisions. We have a lot of first base interaction with employees and we know exactly what they want.

I have worked at Frontier for 13 years and they have taken good care of me.

Current Employee - Carrier Services  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Carrier Services in Rochester, NY

Pros

Frontier asks for our feedback and they are always looking for ways to improve. They offer opportunities to move up, they have a U.S. based workforce, they are involved with their communities, and they support and hire veterans. Frontier has excellent health benefits and give a large amount of vacation time.

Cons

Frontier's work processes can be disorganized and maybe not thought out so well prior to implementation. Strict in regard to sick time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place and people to work for

Current Employee - IT Technical Support  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IT Technical Support in Columbus, OH

Pros

This is great Company to work for, and its keep growing.
    Employees are treated with respect, opinion counts, great work environment

Cons

It's a growing company, you have to keep up with changes and challenges, which was expected when i sign up for job since technology changes everyday, Company needs to keep up with new market trends.

Keep up the great work team

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lansing, MI

Pros

-Opportunities for (frequent) advancement.
    -Moving Broadband availability from 38% to 83% in my Michigan.
    -Culture of focus on customer's experience.

Cons

-antiquated systems but process to work through them

Keep investing in rural America and listening to your workforce's concerns and feedback!

Extremely dysfunctional company

Current Employee - Czt II
    Current Employee - Czt II

Pros

It’s a job and a paycheck. I appreciate my co-workers and front line management as we do the best we can without the proper resources.

Cons

1.Very interdepartmentally dysfunctional company, processes and systems are old and antiquated. 2.We are constantly told we are losing customers but continue to buy into new markets!? 3.Technicians are not supplied with necessary materials and support to maintain the outside plant. 4.Very gas wasteful company with extremely poor dispatching procedures.

Give your customers the quality service they deserve by putting needed resources into the hands of the employees that have to face these upset customers every day. Improving your dispatching process would save huge amounts of wasted gas and time.

Great so far

Current Employee - Equipment Tech
    Current Employee - Equipment Tech

Pros

So far this has been a better company to work for than Verizon, who was the last owner of our market. Our contract hasn't changed sence we became Frontier. Sounds like the new one will not be as good, but probably all in all, not bad. The management that I work for is easy going and they care about the customer. Luckily my supervisor trusts me to do my job and as long as I keep him in the loop on things going on, he allows me to self manage.
    I feel that my training has been great and I usually get the supplies that I need within reason.

Cons

Our back office systems are not that great and are several steps backwards. Some of the new applications are really nice and modern though.

Remember we are not Verizon anymore. Fleet - talk to techs about what they want in a truck. We spend to much time trying to figure out how to make the new ones work for what we do.
    Lets also get on with fiber to the home so we can beat the cable companies.

Very bad place to work-wouldn't recommend it.

Pros

Hourly pay + commission. Well the benefits were good under verizon and now they suck under frontier.

Cons

Where do I start? Your working hrs r changed literally every 3 weeks. The rules and policies are changed every week. Very disorganized. They r not customer first. If a customer is without a phone or internet-you still have to offer product-basically they don't care. I worked at the Marion location and it's union based and they will NOT fight for you. They r more worried bout their butts than yours. In the beginning, your commission was based on product sales, now it's based on surveys from the customer and the deactivations of customers accounts. Basically in a nutshell-the employees r getting screwed. Frontier should be kissing their employees butts for the profit they r making the company-but instead they r being treated like crap. You have no say in what your hours are which changes frequently. Frontier'is internet sucks. U remember when ur broadband internet was at least 7mg with verizon, well frontier lied to all of you and capped your internet at 1 to 3mg. Also when frontier decided to not grandfather verizon products anymore-so instead of mailing out some time of postcard or letter stating this-they printed on customers bills on the 4th page bout this change-knowing most customers don't read their bills and in turn they lost a lot of their old verizon customers and that's why I lost my job-because I was tired of lying to the customers and I told one of them the real truth bout frontier screwing their customers. I literally felt like I was going to hell everyday because of all the lying.

U ask 3 different managers and u get 3 different answers. What management? The team leaders r paid a percentage of each of their team members commission so if their team is not meeting quota, they in turn r not getting anything either and that is where it gets ugly. The so called team leaders have these weekly meetings to try to figure out what went wrong with their team-which means discipline. Writing u up for not closing on a call, not offering product to a customer in collections or not offering anything at all because we as employees r tired of screwing the customers. Nobody is on the same page. Everyone has their own opinion but too scared to share it because of retaliation from above. Some of the processes management has should be considered as customer mistreat, holding your employees too. I can remember working with other employees who would deactivate someone's else order and would create their own for the pts. I'm not saying all reps r bad either-but some r just plain evil.

Worst company to ever work for....

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Always got paid on time. Always able to work at least 40 hours.

Cons

Mandatory overtime after told is was optional. Was fired after wife miscarried and i took 4 days off to help her with my three other children. Came back and was told they would work with me. After i had letter from my VA doctor asking to limit over time due to them consistently interfering with my doctor appointments that are mandatory, they fired me.

Get in touch with your people and actually listen to them. You tout that you are a family company, yet that is the very thing that you quoted got me fired.

Something is horribly wrong with the reviews of this company on this website

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst  in  Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Pay is fair and benefits are excellent. Work at home and have great support for working in the Fraud department from all parts of the company. This is the first company I have worked for that considered it's people to be extremely important. They actually treat us like people and not numbers. Senior leadership is very accommodating and responsive.
    This is the first company that has bought properties from Verizon and did not go belly up in 2 or 3 years. Think that says a lot for our senior leadership. Excellent career opportunities and a very relaxed work environment.

Cons

Working at home does not let you see your work friends nearly as often as you would like.

Keep up the good work.

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!