Frontier Communications Reviews

Updated April 14, 2015
570 reviews filtered by

25 year veteran fired and managers continue to lie...

Former Employee - CZT1 in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - CZT1 in Durham, NC

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Management team lies to cover it's mistakes and to save their own careers. Employees, their pay, their benefits are expendable. Managers look forward to bonuses...at any cost to team under them.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Get trained. Coach employees under you to excel.

Great Local people, but a truly LOCO CEO

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

The local offices are manned by committed and caring people who genuinely care about the customers and the communities. At entry level and out in the regional offices a great place to work. And you can make a difference for the customers

Cons

The CEO is a class A queen of mean. Leona Helmsley had nothing on her as a prima donna. She has a multi page list of all her personal requirements for any visit. This starts with the lengthy introduction list of Maggie's accolades that the host must read off before she speaks to any group. Ask an uncomfortable or objective question and you will likely be fired. Keep your head down and your mouth shut whenever Maggie is around. And if you are forced to speak in her presence, always sing her praises loud and long.

Advice to Management

Apply the same golden rule principles to the CEO that everyone else lives by, and you might actually move the business forward. The board should intervene, and make sure the decisions are for the good of the customers and company, and not just for the protection and glory of the CEO. When it comes to true leadership, the empress has no clothes

Sunshine pumpers with no sunshine to sell.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of one and that's no disrespect, it's the truth!

Cons

Benefits are extremely expensive, lack of products to sell, quotas are so high that 90% of all reps never make a commission. Too worried about paying a dividend to stock holders and they've lost site as to why they are able to pay their stock holders (sales people).

Advice to Management

Reward the people that make you money, moral amongst the sales team is the absolute worst I've ever been associated with, ever!!

5. was ok

Current Employee - Sales and Service Technician in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Technician in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

good place to work stable i guess

Cons

typical call center stuff you knw

Advice to Management

get it together

6. Everyone was very pleasant to work with.

Former Employee - Data Communications Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Communications Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Frontier Communications part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, excellent supervisors, interesting work, good pay. Worked independently without someone always looking over your shoulders. Supervisors believed in my abilities and trusted that I could get the job done.

Cons

Sometimes, there wasn't enough communication between co-workers so it could become a little disorganized as far as collaborating on jobs that needed you to work as a team. It was really hard to get hired on as a regular full-time worker.

7. Tier 1 Noc Perspective

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Management is helpful, and from a tier 1 perspective, there is not much expected from you.

Cons

I came into the company as a contractor through Insight Global and received a $10 pay cut after getting hired. While this isn't Frontiers fault, they should advise you of what the salary range should be at the interview process. There is also little motivation to move up within the company since the Tier 2 and Tier 3 roles are salaried and those guys are always being called on after 40 hours of work

Advice to Management

Motivate your employees to work for this company. There are no incentives to move up, and I feel that there not a great concern for employees or contractors.

8. Fairly good Company to work for. I have worked for far worse Companies.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good right now but that has a lot to do with a Union collective bargaining agreement.

Cons

There is not enough technicians available on a daily basis to get the daily work done. Expected to work overtime a lot of the time including days off instead of hiring more contractors or more part-time or full-time employees.

Advice to Management

Don't make appointments to install or repair services for customers when you know you don't have enough technicians to do the daily work. Re-open a local store where customers can order or cancel service or return or pick up equipment. Don't stress out workers by demanding overtime all the time. Hire More trained people to get the daily work done. Update and streamline your existing systems. Better training for new employees and contractors. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Great benefits, terrible job

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits if you can land a job at an office that has a union. Pay was pretty decent as well, great even if you can hit your sales goals. I made $40k - $45K / year and I was not very good at hitting my sales goals. Some coworkers of mine were making well over $50k. If you can stand the job you can do pretty well.

Cons

Worst work I have ever done. Training lasts a few weeks, but it is all based on making sales. 90% of the calls we get are from customers upset with billing or service issues. Mandatory overtime almost every day made for long days of getting yelled at by customers nearly the entire time. Micromanaged constantly, they track every second of your day. I was disciplined for taking too much bathroom time one day. Low moral among workers. It is difficult to stay positive when nearly everyone you work with hates their job.

Advice to Management

Lay off some on the micromanagement. This job is stressful enough without having to worry about taking a 2 minute break after being berated by an angry customer.

10. Decent company to work for

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

The pay and incentives were better than most places I look at

Cons

Could have done better with training

Just another Call Center

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

The Management team is personable, most of the customers are nice, the work for the most part is easy, they subsidize their insurance so it's cheaper than average, all centers are in the US

Cons

Tedious, Day after day staring at a screen doing the same thing over and over with nothing to break the monotony. Non Stop overtime, Constant schedule changing at a moments notice. The company puts a lot of emphasis on selling their products and services and punishes those who don't meet their extremely high goals, they charge a 25% extra charge to smokers for insurance, constant broken promises as far as what to expect, training is woefully inadequate and in major need of an overhaul, management teams have no idea how to support a call center staff and are more worried about your sales and their commissions, senior technicians are very rude to anyone requesting assistance and on many occasions have made people so upset that they quit the company and they have no oversight as to how they treat people. Senior techs and management constantly give out incorrect information again with no oversight or requirements as to how they act or give out information. HR is ridiculously pompous and useless. Pay is constantly wrong. Systems are only usable on outdated software and constantly crashes, Managers from different departments constantly belittle people from the other departments loudly and while they are on the phones with customers and no one does anything about it.

Advice to Management

Learn how to properly manage a call center, how to keep your promises, how to run an HR department, how to treat your employees, how to plan for call volume, how to properly train people, and how people should treat others.

Frontier Communications Photos