Frontier Communications Reviews

556 reviews filtered by

1. very strict with time management, sales and call flow

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Marion, OH

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

indoors, office work, some medical benefits

Cons

very strict with time management, sales and call flow

Frontier Communications - Go with another company for your communication and entertainment needs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Eagan, MN

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a local company bringing jobs to the Twin Cities.

Cons

Everything is about sales. When they acquired Verizon, employee and customer support took a drastic drop.

Take care of your employees

Every single day there is something "new" that needs to be implemented

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

First line managers are easy to work for, the pay is great considering what I actually do in a day.

Cons

Management above the first line have no clue what is going on and they roll out the worst ideas possible.
    All the old Verizon/GTE practices that didn't work are being brought back because the old Verizon employees are still in a position of power.
    Feel like we have been lied to since the acquisition from Verizon, they said that they are an employee friendly company but it sure doesn't seem like it though. From work groups that don't have enough techs to handle the volume of trouble tickets to the constant changing of the technician schedules, you're not left with time at home to release from the job. And with more focus on your numbers than actually addressing the real issues you feel like you are one slip up away from discipline.

Let's address our plant issues instead of pushing the products that aren't going to work on our sub-par facilities. Why do I have to constantly tell customers that your slow speed or your disconnects are because of our congestion, I mean area of high demand, oops I mean surplus of users.

Worst company experience ever

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Poor leaders lead to poor execution

Cons

No work-life balance.
    Expectations far exceed what actually can be delivered.
    Leadership that does not have a clue how to lead.
    Too many Yes Men.
    Verizon kept the best and Frontier got rest.

Clean house. Bring in new blood and get rid of the Managers that are waiting on retirement.

Lost in the dividend

Current Employee - Sales and Service Technician
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Technician

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hourly Pay. Great Co-workers at least in my group. A fantastic Technical Supervisor who actually know what we are talking about.

Cons

Senior Leadership. Long Term Planning. Knowledge and leadership of management. Company is more interested in Marketing and Sales than providing a product that works. Every decision and action is short sided and under thought by college graduates who have apparently never done anything other that school work. There knowledge of how to take a product from start to finish is all done via widgets that work great in theory but never seem to actually go through real world processes. Systems are impossible to work with and get accurate info. Billing is the most outrageous issue to still be having in this day and age and Frontier cannot get any bills correct. Frontier does not make or research a single product is sells. Everything that is sold is someone else's product. Frontier has no product except Phone service and Internet service. All the other items are another company's that we resell so there is no culpability.

Replace yourselves and take that giant golden parachute.

7. Opportunities Exist for Self-Motivated Individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you're a self-motivated individual, who is ready to work hard then there are plenty of opportunities for you at Frontier. You'll be given the opportunity to prove yourself and, if you're reasonably competent, hard work and good technical skills will uncover opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The pace is extremely fast. At times, the company has too many things going on at once and quality of work and quality of life can suffer as a result. The company prides itself on being a leader in services in a technical market space. However, the services (e.g., phones, teleconference facilities, office spaces, etc.) do not at all convey the air of a technically progressive company.

Focus as much on your employee-facing marketing as you do on your customer-facing marketing. Provide employees across the organization with a work environment that makes them FEEL like they're working for a modern, progressive technology company. Be more open in communicating vision to employees in concrete, actionable terms.

1 year and out

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Well paid, flexible schedule, lots to learn

Cons

No clear work objectives
    Lack of leadership
    People around me were able to do absolutely nothing and get away with it

Provide a clear direction, keep an eye on what people are doing, not what they say they are doing, get more involved.

9. Senior Project Manager

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at Frontier Communications as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Frontier Communications has extremely qualified and knowledgeable people working in their organization and they are great to work with, always helping each other out, working as a team to meet goals of the project, but still making everyone feel like each person contributed to the goal of the project. Great place to work.

Cons

As with a lot of companies in today's world, ROI is very important in all organizations of the company, but they still make each person feel that they are an important part of that goal. Some time it take extra hours of work from each individual to meet on time delivery of a project, which is a normal requirement for most all companies.

Be willing to share in the profits of the corporation if organizations are delivering about there goals.

Horrible Place to work. Would not recommend to anyone

Current Employee - Residential Sales and Service Consultant in Marion, OH
    Current Employee - Residential Sales and Service Consultant in Marion, OH

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are the only pros

Cons

Very hard to balance personal life from work. Almost like a school environment where you have people who are treated differently for certain reasons. Schedule is horrible and they don't care or understand that some people have families

ALL employees need to know they are appreciated! Not just the top sellers. Believe it or not most of us try our hardest

Worst Culture Ever!

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of anything nice to say.

Cons

This is the most outdated company in the country!! I think the leaders in the organization still think it’s 1968. I’m surprised I never witness anyone smoking at their desk…think Mad Men. Truly one of the most dysfunctional work environments of all time! If you pine for the 60’s when women and minorities where treated like second class citizens, this is the place for you.

Hire a new CEO and EVP of HR. Meggie Wilderotter is the most unrelatable, unapproachable, narcissistic woman I have ever met. She does not care about her employees or the customer, she only cares about herself. Ditto for Cecelia McKinney.

Frontier Communications Photos