Frontier Communications

Updated July 7, 2014
2.8

Frontier Communications Chairman & CEO Maggie Wilderotter
Maggie Wilderotter

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are probably the best thing and the only "pros" to consider (in 27 reviews)

• The pay is very good, the schedule is extremely flexible and we have good benefits (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Finding a work-life balance can be tough but can be done (in 18 reviews)

• Poor upper management, poor customer service, poor excuse for a fortune 500 company (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid company with positive changes

Current Employee - Marketing Database Analyst  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Database Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feeling valued, heard and appreciated; Great work-life balnace; PTO; Opportunity for advancement; Phenomenal teams to work with.

Cons

Outdated office decor in most buildings

They had a great heritage, but lost it when it became all about the money

Former Employee - Various  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Various in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In the early 1990's, Frontier (Rochester Tel at the time) was all about their employees. We used to have company picnics, elaborate sales kickoffs and wonderful holiday parties. And they provided great training to their new employees. But as the company grew, things changed.

Cons

Once the leadership moved out of Rochester, NY to Stamford, CT things started on a downward spiral. The focus became all about money and the bottom line, and no longer about customers and/or employees.

Take care of 180 South Clinton! That building is now deteriorating, and it was once the showcase of the company. Focus more on your employees and less on bottom line. Happy employees make you money in the end.

Challenging environment that fostered professional growth

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Recognition of hard work, support and encouragement to participate in community based activities, local model engagement, accessible upper management, exposure to a variety of work

Cons

Need for more effective and relevant communication from top down, less redundant layers of management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the better ones. I've worked for telecom for years. This is by far the best of them yet.

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great people, great team.

Cons

There have been issues trying to work with other departments. Different organizations have to realize this is all one company and need to work together.

I have worked at Frontier for 13 years and they have taken good care of me.

Current Employee - Carrier Services  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Carrier Services in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Frontier asks for our feedback and they are always looking for ways to improve. They offer opportunities to move up, they have a U.S. based workforce, they are involved with their communities, and they support and hire veterans. Frontier has excellent health benefits and give a large amount of vacation time.

Cons

Frontier's work processes can be disorganized and maybe not thought out so well prior to implementation. Strict in regard to sick time.

Not Perfect, But Not Bad

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work up in the company allowing me to express my goals, ambitions, and talent. Most people are friendly, and let you complete your task without too much hand holding. Training was approved, and ability to utilize it was granted. Flexibility to balance home/work life experience. Fast moving company, so getting bored is not the norm.

Cons

Benefits are there, but could be more aggressive. Some location require you to park in public garages $$.
    Company grew very fast requiring on demand changes that could have been thought out better (This is the area where others were not pleased with the company as they might have been effected in negative manner, however this is not unique to Frontier).

Policies and procedures are the foundation of the company, they can be changed and expanded upon, however they should not be disgarded to to fast changing environments.

Mgmt needs to share the higher vision, and each team should acknowledge where and what their role is to help complete it.

Happy employee

Current Employee - Technical Supervisor  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Plenty of growth opportunity. Excellent pay and bennefits.

Cons

None, we work as a team keeping the cusotmer at the center of out table.

Thanks for the outstanding leadership

Frontier is not a bad company to work for at all

Current Employee - Internet Help Desk  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Internet Help Desk in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

well to work for frontier you room for advancement people here actually care about one another and we actually are able to talk the owner of the company if theres a issue and she will actually reply her self and not a sectary we have health insurance and great benefits life insurance etc etc etc etc i mean its cool i have no reason to complain

Cons

only thing is if you dont show up you will get written up lol no matter what when you dont have any pto

Company has been EXTREMELY good to me

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've never had a company who supported my education so much as this one does. Every semester, my class schedule would change and this company would change my work schedule to work around my classes. I've gotten at least 1 raise a year. A great amount PTO, which I gladly use up :) Tons of opportunities for advancement. All around a great place to work. I also am able to work at home since I've had problems with my drivers license.

Cons

The benefits aren't that great. I really wish they would be able to get better benefits since they are such a big company.

More recognition for your workers that are demonstrating "outstanding" work performances.

I have been employed by Frontier for over 22 years, have been promoted several times in my career.

Current Employee - Coach/Manager  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Coach/Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Frontier has gone into areas of the country who previously had NO internet provider and although they cannot give the speeds some people wish for they can at least provide them with a connection the internet.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say, they have been good to me over the years.

Listen more to your front line employees as they are the ones in the trenches dealing with the customers. They know the wants and needs of the people who pay all of our paychecks.

Frontier Communications Photos

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!