Frontier Communications

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Frontier Communications Chairman & CEO Maggie Wilderotter

Maggie Wilderotter

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid company with positive changes

Marketing Database Analyst (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsFeeling valued, heard and appreciated; Great work-life balnace; PTO; Opportunity for advancement; Phenomenal teams to work with.

ConsOutdated office decor in most buildings

They had a great heritage, but lost it when it became all about the money

Various (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsIn the early 1990's, Frontier (Rochester Tel at the time) was all about their employees. We used to have company picnics, elaborate sales kickoffs and wonderful holiday parties. And they provided great training to their new employees. But as the company grew, things changed.

ConsOnce the leadership moved out of Rochester, NY to Stamford, CT things started on a downward spiral. The focus became all about money and the bottom line, and no longer about customers and/or employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of 180 South Clinton! That building is now deteriorating, and it was once the showcase of the company. Focus more on your employees and less on bottom line. Happy employees make you money in the end.

Not Perfect, But Not Bad

IT Engineer (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsAbility to work up in the company allowing me to express my goals, ambitions, and talent. Most people are friendly, and let you complete your task without too much hand holding. Training was approved, and ability to utilize it was granted. Flexibility to balance home/work life experience. Fast moving company, so getting bored is not the norm.

ConsBenefits are there, but could be more aggressive. Some location require you to park in public garages $$.
    Company grew very fast requiring on demand changes that could have been thought out better (This is the area where others were not pleased with the company as they might have been effected in negative manner, however this is not unique to Frontier).

Advice to Senior ManagementPolicies and procedures are the foundation of the company, they can be changed and expanded upon, however they should not be disgarded to to fast changing environments.

Mgmt needs to share the higher vision, and each team should acknowledge where and what their role is to help complete it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the better ones. I've worked for telecom for years. This is by far the best of them yet.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGood pay, good benefits, great people, great team.

ConsThere have been issues trying to work with other departments. Different organizations have to realize this is all one company and need to work together.

I have worked at Frontier for 13 years and they have taken good care of me.

Carrier Services (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsFrontier asks for our feedback and they are always looking for ways to improve. They offer opportunities to move up, they have a U.S. based workforce, they are involved with their communities, and they support and hire veterans. Frontier has excellent health benefits and give a large amount of vacation time.

ConsFrontier's work processes can be disorganized and maybe not thought out so well prior to implementation. Strict in regard to sick time.

Happy employee

Technical Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat people. Plenty of growth opportunity. Excellent pay and bennefits.

ConsNone, we work as a team keeping the cusotmer at the center of out table.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the outstanding leadership

Company has been EXTREMELY good to me

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsI've never had a company who supported my education so much as this one does. Every semester, my class schedule would change and this company would change my work schedule to work around my classes. I've gotten at least 1 raise a year. A great amount PTO, which I gladly use up :) Tons of opportunities for advancement. All around a great place to work. I also am able to work at home since I've had problems with my drivers license.

ConsThe benefits aren't that great. I really wish they would be able to get better benefits since they are such a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore recognition for your workers that are demonstrating "outstanding" work performances.

I have been employed by Frontier for over 22 years, have been promoted several times in my career.

Coach/Manager (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsFrontier has gone into areas of the country who previously had NO internet provider and although they cannot give the speeds some people wish for they can at least provide them with a connection the internet.

ConsI don't really have anything bad to say, they have been good to me over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your front line employees as they are the ones in the trenches dealing with the customers. They know the wants and needs of the people who pay all of our paychecks.

Frontier is not a bad company to work for at all

Internet Help Desk (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Proswell to work for frontier you room for advancement people here actually care about one another and we actually are able to talk the owner of the company if theres a issue and she will actually reply her self and not a sectary we have health insurance and great benefits life insurance etc etc etc etc i mean its cool i have no reason to complain

Consonly thing is if you dont show up you will get written up lol no matter what when you dont have any pto

Challenging environment that fostered professional growth

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsRecognition of hard work, support and encouragement to participate in community based activities, local model engagement, accessible upper management, exposure to a variety of work

ConsNeed for more effective and relevant communication from top down, less redundant layers of management

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Frontier Communications Videos

Frontier Communications – Why Work for Us?

Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) (www.frontier.com) is a publicly traded telecommunications provider and the largest rural local exchange company in the United States. Headquartered in Stamford, CT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Frontier Communications reviews and ratings in Rochester, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Frontier Communications CEO Maggie Wilderotter. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Frontier Communications employees.