Frosch Travel

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014
2.7

Bryan Leibman

Frosch Travel is an exciting and rewarding place to work.

Current Employee - Manager - Technology Projects, Data Quality in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager - Technology Projects, Data Quality in Houston, TX

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am encouraged to find creative solutions to ensure our clients have a positive experience.
    Family time is respected.
    Strong work and business ethics.
    Executive Leadership is engaged and supports the efforts to improve technology for both employees and clients.
    Frosch has an outstanding reputation in the travel industry with clients and vendors.
    One of the attributes I am most proud of, is the passion The Leibman Family has for the communities we live and work in.

Cons

I have not experienced any.

Keep doing what you are doing.

FROSCH Travel

I worked at Frosch Travel

Pros

FROSCH has a bunch of great people working within the company who encourage personal growth. A lot can be learned if you take the time to be receptive. Perks that comes with being apart of a well respected Travel Management Company

Cons

Benefits packages are a bit on the down side given the mean age of the company. With the huge company expansion, colleagues easily become more of an "assignment completer" than an actual person.

Have more inter-office interaction between the branches.

I had no experience in this industry, but they took a chance on me and it's been great working here.

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company but retains a family-owned atmosphere (i.e. lots of autonomy). It's a fun industry where you get to meet good people and it comes with many perks. Company attitude provides leeway that if you are interested in a different area of the business and can prove you'll be good at it they will foster your development - I know a number of employees who have made successful moves. Leadership is expanding as company is going global. Exceptional co-workers who are great to work with. PTO is sufficient and staff get all the normal benefits.

Cons

No 401K matching. Insurance premiums are relatively high.

Continue to develop training and prepare to hire and support the next generation of travel professionals.

Frosch is a great company and growing quickly!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Frosch allows flexibility in schedule depending on position, unlimited advancement potential and an open environment that will appreciate new ideas with full consideration for those that show an interest. I also like the flexibility that some positions have to be mobile or remote. Company likes to promote from within for those that invest in the culture and put in the effort. Pay is good and inline with other like companies from what I can tell.

Cons

Company is growing quickly due to success and with growth comes some pains. Some departments feel it more than others but this can be a con to some while an opportunity for those looking to make a difference and impact. Depends on the individual employee mentality.

Communicate changes during the growth in an effort to be more proactive including new roles for team members, changes in processes etc. It would help the staff stay in front of their teams and clients.

They care more about acquisitions than their employees. It's all about buying more companies and making more money.

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time

Pros

Work (mostly) with good group of people. We learn and help each other out

Cons

Poor management, communication and no guidance. Higher ups are quick to 'blame' staff and reprimand them instead of backing up their own employees

Bonuses, pay raise, extra time off. Do something that shows you care about your employees.

Worst job in my almost 30 years of travel experience.

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Their main office located in Greenway Plaza in Houston a convenient location. One of the best locations I have been.

Cons

Being new I did get about two weeks of training, however when I started answering the phone I was given every client from every group that they had. I was not trained to help some of those people and asking for help was impossible as the agents were too busy to answer your questions and the managers were never to be found. I would wander the office looking for the correct answer to a client's question only to be spoken to very rudely by one of the owners to return to my desk . Keep in mind I was about 20 years older than this person with about 20 years more experience. They used two computer systems so as to get the most commission. Using one to book one airline and another for another airline and then recreating the record in a single computer so that they trip looked complete. They once insisted I use a credit from a non-refundable ticket against another one however, the ticket they gave me to used had someone else's name on it. This is a big NO from the airlines and to this day I don't know what happened when the airlines saw that procedure. It got to the point that I choose to work at night just not to be in that tense uncomfortable environment. I later quit and went back to my old agency who did things by the book.

Have enough management on the floor to answer any question an agent may have about an account they are working on. Don't make the agent get up and search for an answer.

Part of the "In crowd"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Frosch seems to rely on the shrinking demand for travel agency services to persuade unhappy employees to accept their current situation as better than the alternative.

The Leibman's have cultivated very strong vendor relationships through the years.

Cons

The culture is extremely cliquish.
    Employees are typically overworked and underpaid.
    Management expects high degree of loyalty while most employees receive very little appreciation for their efforts.
    It can be a hostile work environment.

Recognize the value ALL your employees bring to your organization. Create a structure that supports your profit goals versus cracking the whip and expecting the duct tape to hold.

No True Leadership

Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great hours for the day agent teams
    As long as you do not voice your opinion you are good. They LOVE their YES people and would allow them to get away with murder. As long as management likes you, you can take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches. Come in late. Only assist the clients you want and ignore those you don't care for.

Cons

Zero to AWEFUL Leadership
    Zero employee appreciation
    Raise - it's not in the owner's vocabulary
    Zero communication from management
    Account Management team that advocates for the client, but NEVER for the teams
    Never promo within
    And so much more...

Hire real managers to manage. Provide equal treatment to all of your employees. Provide annual reviews.

Lets just say I wouldnt go back If i was begged to.

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You receive a discount on travel.

Cons

Over worked and under paid.

A great place to gain experience in the travel industry

I have been working at Frosch Travel

Pros

Flexible, great IT help, lots of technology to help you get the best pricing

Cons

No formal training for Frosch internal procedures for new hires. older people that are set in there ways and will not try to learn and use what Frosch offers in technology. " Its a time warp"
    Office setting very unprofessional, no support as a team, rude and lots of cussing going on out loud. Very negative atmosphere, no team building, brings you down and stressed with all the negative karma. Corporate needs to come clean house and get down on managers not taking charge.

Come clean house and get offices to mandatory get with the technology times. Need to put guidelines in place, build and great support teams. have team meetings to be more successful and get out of the way things worked in the last century.