Frost & Sullivan

www.frost.com

Frost & Sullivan Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Frost & Sullivan – India – “Isometric of office complex”

Frost & Sullivan Chairman David Frigstad

David Frigstad

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and medium to small scale of pressure(in 34 reviews)

• Good place to learn if you are self-motivated(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management gives impractical instructions or demands(in 32 reviews)

• No performance bonus, no company bonus, no training for personal and professional development(in 19 reviews)

A growing company with open culture for working but lack of communication across sectors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpen culture and relatively independent space for working. Project oriented research and consulting demands high collaboration within the project team across regions.

ConsLack of communication across different sectors during my internship but it's typical of project oriented in counsulting firm, and maybe make sense but I was not much used to "island" culture

Very good internship experience

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

ProsInterns can take responsibilities and our ideas are valued. My supervisor was very nice. She taught me a lot of things including some Excel skills. I really enjoyed the experience.

ConsThe working hours are long, even for interns. People only focus on work in the office and they seem to only know and talk to the people in their own team or sector. Limited communication between different teams

Bewildering Experience

(Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome talented staff but overworked. Nice client list (until they get burnt on missing deliverables).

ConsNo talented staff in management. Poor salary. Understaffed. Overly sales-focused. Outdated tech infrastructure. Overworked. Low morale. Bullies. Liars.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think they'd listen... But, look at the long-term instead of the short-term. I had a very disappointing experience at Frost & Sullivan. I was overworked. When I asked for help, I was told "we're all overworked" or told I might be able to get help in a year or two. The sales staff dominated the culture -- meaning products were often invented after they were sold and no thought was put into project scope, needs, ethics, or deadlines. The print and web needs were all outsourced to India, which added more layers of complexity than it solved. A high staff turnover created managers unqualified to supervise most products. Working at Frost & Sullivan was an all around demoralizing experience. Some of the higher-level management use bullying and borderline abusive tactics to keep employees in line. I just can't believe this place has the gall to call itself a growth consultancy company when it can't hold onto talent and continues to invest in outdated technology tools. Just, ugh.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to get started

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat place to gain experience,if analyst, great place to gain exposure in the industry, company culture,

Conspay, they don't pay you what you are worth, reason why it is a place to gain experience and once gained move on.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees what they are worth, quit making it difficult for us to get our bonuses.

They need to be investigated

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsLocation, self learning, self planning environment. You can motivate yourself and plan your career to move out of this company.

ConsNo career growth, poor pay, employee harassment, friends and family program. Folks in Palo Alto have been there for ages.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your s**** or you will be reported.

Not very professional

Sales, Account Management (Current Employee)

ProsMid level management, consultants and analysts are generally pretty good folks and I have found them quite willing to assist. A great deal of autonomy if you are located in a remote office. Global presence which puts them ahead of many competitors.

ConsSr. Management is disconnected from the field as well as their client base and often does not keep their commitments to their employees. The general feeling is that you're fortunate to have a job and you need to endure what ever decisions management decides to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, especially customer facing representatives. Trust them to help guide your decisions. Be honest with your employees and pay them appropriately.

Very cheap, little training, not much support, do not care about workers. CRM/Email system is outdated

Account Executive (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prosnot much, people can be nice

Consmany, very disappointing company, offices are awful

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO is does not seem to understand what is going on in his company.

okay to start off right after school

ProsGood Learning atmosphere.
    Exposure to Business Processes

ConsBad Pay.
    Its more like a "Family Run Business" where the Top Dogs take all the credit and money- Insiders like to call it Feroze and Sulaiman.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the politics and favoritism.

avoid unless bankruptcy is your only other option

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosnice people, clean city, a good handle on the global oil & gas market

Consa career deathtrap due to a business model that uses "market analysts" who are recent grads with no industry experience stationed in Chennai making $20/hr and a sales model consisting of hyper selling their customers and then internal finger pointing when sales are not made

Advice to Senior Managementlook for new ideas on revenue generation and sales process from other people that your board of directors which has little industry experience, yet feels compelled to lecture its employees and its customers on how to sell

Not In The Best Interest to Join

Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsYou have the opportunity to travel a lot, but that's about it. They do allow work from home as well.

ConsStay away from this company. They will withhold your bonuses and treat you like dirt. The owner doesn't really care about you. He just wants to make more money til the bitter end.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell off company.

Worked for Frost & Sullivan? Contribute to the Community!