Frost & Sullivan
www.frost.com San Antonio, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Frost & Sullivan Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014
Frost & Sullivan – India – “Isometric of office complex”

Frost & Sullivan Chairman David Frigstad

David Frigstad

Pros:
  • "work life balance is there to an extent"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Good place to learn if you are self-motivated"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management gives impractical instructions or demands"
    in 31 reviews
  • "No training despite of the catchy job advertisements declaring such fact"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Place to get some experience

Director Business Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat place to get your feet wet and be exposed to C level selling.

ConsPoor Management and they only cater to those that produce. No room for personal growth or advancement in the company. When economy starts to go south they will cut experienced salesforce in favor of saving money.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem is not always with the employees..the problem lies with the management. You need new blood at the upper levels.

Great spring board for your career

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat exposure to fortune 500 clients
uncapped earning potential
good progression if you consistently hit target or are in the right team
lots of potential if you don't mind going against the grain

ConsLarge and ineffective middle management
Worst internal IT department actively works against the rest of the organisation
Terrible infrastructure equipment and offices very outdated
Lacks a positive culture and lots of red tape slows down research and sales

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsouce IT or replace them
invest in your business

Company that lacks integrity, ingenuity and professionalism

Client Value Enhancement Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility is a plus while looking for other jobs.

ConsAppointed Managers do not have the adequate or relevant experience managing. Management will make up the rules as they go. Managers are also NEVER held accountable for anything. Frost & Sullivan has trouble making quarterly sales numbers, but the company claims to 'partner with companies to accelerate their growth,"very hypocritical for a company with mediocre sales numbers. If you want to be micro-managed to death, and treated like a child, apply now. Commissions and bonuses often late, and starting pay is very low. They expect blood, sweat, and tears for little pay or appreciation. Morale is extremely low throughout company. Human Resources just turns the other way while complaints come in. Lost cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on research instead of throwing everything including the kitchen sink to clients. Clients want useful research, not advice on how they can run THEIR business better. Frost is in no position to dictate what is best for other companies.

Management is schizophrenic

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than a year

ProsA lot of autonomy, if you are working on something that makes the company money then you will have a lot of flexibility.

ConsThe company is involved in so many offerings that the marketplace is confused. Employees are confused. The salespeople are king, however they are never pushed beyond their comfort zone. There is a combative culture across silos, none of the business units trust each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe root of much animosity within the company is tied to how people are compensated. Employees are incented to slit each others' throats and step on each other.

Good Company to start your career

Systems Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than a year

ProsGood place to learn, has a high turn over rate

ConsBonuses are paid in a timely fashion, starting salaries are low

Advice to Senior ManagementPay bonus

A revolving door of lackluster opportunity. The bad reviews speak volumes.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than a year

ProsBuild relationships with executive level customers, occasional travel
Good work/life balance

ConsLow compensation. Not for a seasoned professional.
No training for sales. You will not be given the tools nor support needed to be successful.
Competing management agendas hamper chances of success.
Customers in my division found little value in our research
Absolutely no real strategy or marketing plan. Basically throw as many fishing lines out there (cold call) and hope for a bite. Completely outdated and ridiculous business plan.

For a company that prides itself and put such emphasis on growth consulting and teaching companies how to be successful, how come there is such high attrition, bonus hold backs, rarely making margin or sales forecasts and high employee dissatisfaction? I think Frost & Sullivan needs to get there own act together before they start making recommendations to others.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in training of your sales force and give them the tools they need to be successful. Frost & Sullivan could be so much more.

Not That Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than a year

ProsNot too many to think of

ConsLow pay
Upper management making all the money
Lots of turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees a bit better

Company Sucks Run please away

Network Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany Sucks Run please away

Consemployees can be friendly and accomodating

Advice to Senior Managementchange entire management

Lots of warts, but an ok place to work

Business Development (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnce you have established relationships with key people, it is an easy work culture. The company is the right size (to me); not too big and not too small. The quality of deliverables and brand recognition have improved over the past few years. Once you have established your creds, you are given a great deal of freedom. Great place for a work/life balance.

ConsCompensation is below market outside of San Antonio, TX. Very little upside career opportunities. The companies retained earnings flow to the partners and are not directed into improved infrastructure or methods to encourage employee retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to better understand and focus on their core competencies. The company needs to avoid attempting to be something that they are not.

They also need to promote the individual brands of their analysts and consultants. Not doing so only encourages harmful turnover.

A 50 year old company with 125M in annual revenue with 1800 employees with 72% attrition

Tele Sales That They Call Account Executive (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time for more than a year

ProsCheap, low cost and you get what you pay for and they cannot execute, their long term strategy changes every six months and the Chairman ssaid in 2010 that Frost will give clients what they need, not what they want.

ConsTheir core competency was market research and they have never been a leader, Gartner, IDC, Yankee, and many others are far better. Frost uses sweat shop churn and burn in India so their jr. analysts do not stay more than six months. It takes the President, three VPs and a Director to sign off on a proposal before being sent to a client, the proposals look like a 3rd grader developed the template with screen shots of the Frost website that doesn't even have functionality. 95% of leads will go to Indian sales reps because they discriminate against the American sales reps. The same 4 or 5 reps that have been there for close to 20 years win every contest because they have had the same strategic accounts for over a decade. The sales attrition is 72% annually, their executives have no real world experience in a Fortune listed company or a start up. They claim to be a Growth Consulting Company yet for a 50 year old company they are only at 125M in revenue with a margin of 3%, they cannot invest in infrastructure, marketing. They barter for their software like Eloqua and Hoovers. They simply cannot execute. Directors have zero authority, as most VPs don't have authority either because it's an Indian culture to have a title but the authority doesn't go with it. If you want a company to learn WORST PRACTICES, this is the place to learn how a company hangs on by a thread month to month. Before doing business or taking a job, look at their proposals, pricing, as a sales rep you have ZERO authority to negotiate or develop a solution. You are the mercy of analysts running sales and a chairman and all the executives have been there more than 20 years and have no idea how world class companies are run. They copy Gartner, for example the Gartner Magic Quandrant... well Frost came up with the same look and feel but call it Blue Ocean Strategy. In fact when you talk to these clowns, ask to meet their leadership and ask them what their growth strategy is, they'll tell you it's confidential because they are embarrassed for not having one. To sum it up, look at their website, if a research company will not invest in their website and make it functional that speaks volumes, in addition to that all the web content is written in long paragraph form and has no flow or navigation logic.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being dishonest to employees and clients about your capabilities, it's all smoke and mirrors. I have to say that Frost has the worst, micromanaged out of touch, indecisive wanna be's with titles and no authority I've ever seen.

Worked for Frost & Sullivan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Frost & Sullivan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Frost & Sullivan CEO David Frigstad. All 325 reviews posted anonymously by Frost & Sullivan employees.