Fruit of the Loom

Fruit of the Loom President & CEO Rick Medlin

Rick Medlin

Getting smaller and smaller

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood health care, nice people, hard working. Trying to bring there business up to modern technology

ConsCompany is shrinking in an effort to be competitive. Many jobs being lost in this effort. People being forced to retire or lose their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Luck

A great team environment to launch your career.

Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsTeam environment is top-notch.
    Upper Management transparency is great-they really listen once you've proved yourself.
    Retirement benefits are good.
    Atmosphere is fun around the company. Everyone feels "approachable"

ConsThe pay is quite low, even for this part of the country.
    Other than the pay I have no problems with the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your people financially, keep the great morale that you already have, and watch the fruit grow on the vine!

Potential to be a great company, but will probably never be

ProsGood healthcare benefit package...Good balance of work vs play (Most positions within the company only work 8 hour shifts & you never feel pressured to stay late)...Friendly laid back environment & co-workers.

ConsUpper management is stuck in a time machine (need more forward thinkers in positions that can promote change)...Campus & facilities could use an upgraded contemporary look...overall product doesn't compare to competition...More company based incentives (bonuses...tuition reimbursement...etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of enticing top talent & try keeping the talented people that you do have.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company, but limited growth potential.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsBenefits and salary are very good for the area. Most of the people involved in day to day operations are very talented and good at what they do.

ConsThere is very limited growth opportunity. Expect to be stuck in the same job for years with little chance of promotion. Upper management is behind the times and unwilling to change or jump on opportunities when presented.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the assets you have and recognize potential. Happy employees are productive employees.

Pretty Easy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood health benefits and friendly co workers, depending on which shift you were on.

ConsLong hours standing on your feet.

A dynamic company with opportunities in many different fields.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe associates are eager to share business and cultural knowledge, which can aid new employees in achieving success. Very good benefits.

ConsBusiness outlook is uncertain. Synergy is lacking between the various business areas and the Information Technology area. Specific areas in IT need to more actively partner with the business.

Different set of rules

Prosevery now and then you remember how good the company was....

Conssenior management is more concerned with their Porches and new furniture than with figuring out what should be done to fix a sinking ship

Advice to Senior Managementunderstand that those of us who do not work on the top floor know more than you think about what you are up to......

Big Company focused on Small mindedness

Executive (Former Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsFriendly local employees, hires young and good starting job for many fresh out of school, free milk in the breakroom. Good opportunity to experience a company that has so many departments in one location, warehouse, design, marketing, planning, management, etc, and so many brands.

ConsUninspired design. Lack of effort to cross-pollinate ideas. Low salaries for experienced employees, Sr. Management not open about their strategies, not open to new ideas or changes. Very focused on mass channel low cost products, therefore unable to expand beyond the marts. Over time, even the 'better' products look like they belong in polybags and displayed like paper towels. So sad to see iconic brands become run-of-the-mill.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more receptive to new youthful ideas. Get in touch with the marketplace. Listen to the employees that work for you and give them the credit they are due. Stop acting like a good'ol boys club. Let people know your corporate goals and make an effort to share them, get input from the people who do the work.

Fruit of the Loom Careers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, good pay and benefits

Consdownsizing to meet budgets instead of making the business grow

Good prior to current executive management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat brand identity in consumer market

ConsNo vision, low moral, poor executive management leadership, poor systems

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

Worked for Fruit of the Loom? Contribute to the Community!