Fry's Electronics Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.2

Fry's Electronics President Randy Fry
Randy Fry

Pros
  • Employee discount that can be pretty amazing depending on what you use it on (in 27 reviews)

• Good exposure to customer service, especially for those recently out of high school (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • It was a smart choice from corporate to get the sales guys to do this since we only made minimum wage (in 19 reviews)

• If you are expecting to be provide excellent customer service, think again (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

I have been working at Fry's Electronics for more than 5 years

Pros

You can gain experance

Cons

Hard to schedule any time off

Keep looking. You can do better than this company.

I have been working at Fry's Electronics part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a discount on some items.

Cons

Stressful place to work and they don't care about their employees. Customers will treat you awful too. Soon you will experience burn out. Fry's has a high turn over.

Start appreciating your employees.

Pretty good

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

There was always opportunity to move up and get better positions

Cons

Scheduling was difficult at times and leadership was not the best.

Talk to employees more and see how you can help them and make them work harder

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very friendly, knowledgeable, people. Driven

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Roseville, CA

I worked at Fry's Electronics part-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of cool things you did not know that are sold in that store.

Cons

And Black Friday... was exacerbating!

Terrible

Former Employee - Computer Sales  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Sales in Fremont, CA

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only pro would be discounts, but you can easily find them cheaper on Amazon.

Cons

Poor management, terrible pay, unwilling to pay for talent.

Good company lost its way

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Huge discounts on demo products or old products. Literally cents on the dollar.

- Semi flexible work hours. A lot of employees are students so the management is able to working around limitations.

Cons

- Understaffed and overworked creating two types of employees: Those that don't care and those that are stressed out. Neither one has the ability to give excellent customer service.

- Company values changed. In the beginning the motto all employees wore on their chests was a promise to give the most exceptional customer service on the plant. That focus has changed and now all employees wear badges stating how we match internet prices.

- The focus on price matching has deterred from customer service and the fact that price matching removes commission earned from items sold ensures employees that are paid commission only are pissed when helping customers. Imagine you are helping a customer for an hour on an item that will pay you $20. Then the customer asks for a price match, you will now make $0. Why would you help them?

- If you ever go to Fry's and wonder why you are being ignored, it may be because you have price matched before , asked about price matching, or are looking at items that do not pay commission.

- Fry's is losing sales and customers because of customer service, not prices.

- Get rid of commission only sales. Institute a base pay with commission on PSC's only.

- Salesmen will push PSC's harder if that is where they can make their real money, not simply going up to people they never helped and saying, Can I get you a ticket real quick. It will help you check out faster.

- Focus on the customer. When customer service was the focus there were more customers than we knew what to do with.

It was ok. Don't expect a lot though.

Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Fry's Electronics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee discount that can be pretty amazing depending on what you use it on. You'll understand the reason as to why its limited.

You also get a discount at Town Square here in vegas last time I checked.

Management is chill, although I wasn't sales at the time. Might be less kind to salesfolk.

They were flexible with me working a second job last minute.

I barely did anything most days and still got praised for a job well done.

Cons

You will have to be cutthroat if you want to survive here as sales. They will cut your hours if you suck.

Other employees will steal your sales too. Seen it happen myself.

No discount at the cafe.

A former supervisor told me that he still made minimum wage lmao. He just didn't go into draw for sales. Don't expect much from advancing here.

Customers constantly asking about specific cables and plugs will make you hate your life.

Give your employee's a little more training. Half the time I had no clue what the customer was talking about because I barely knew jack about computers.

Was a good sales experiance

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The ability to grow in the company was always there. I love computers so it was great to be able to sell something that I loved.

Cons

The department that I was in had 5 managers. And there were times when all of them were there. It was very difficult to understand the direction the department was headed when they didn't agree on something. I did not enjoy working after closing to put the signage up. It was a smart choice from corporate to get the sales guys to do this since we only made minimum wage.

More respect for employees.

Best job I've had so far

I have been working at Fry's Electronics

Pros

Love the people I work with, love my hours, and a chance for a raise every 13 weeks. Depending on how well you do you can get paid up to 13.50 an hour.

Cons

Being in charge of catching everyone's mistakes at the registers. Making sure customers don't leave with unpaid items. Dealing with the rude customers.

Honestly, you guys do a great job. Love my work. I've had some serious health issues come up and y'all have done your absolute best to work with me.

My experience at Fry's was a great opportunity and experience, it helped me grow professionally.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment to help one grow and learn the likes of a more professional environment. Great cultural experience and great learning opportunities in regards to working well with others.

Cons

There were a lot of people in and out, high turnover rate. Lots of angry customers. You may not know the inside of what is really going on at times.

interact with employees more to understand them and create a more efficient work environment

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!