Fuddruckers

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Large

One half-step below decent.

Cashier (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsCoworkers are really helpful and friendly. Cashiers, cooks, bakers, everyone is nice. You can make friends easily here.
    General manager is reasonable and supportive. Always willing to help. Very nice.
    The work itself is not hard at all. All you do is serve food, clean, or take orders.
    Breaks are usually an hour long which is not bad.
    Good job to start with in high school, if you plan on having "experience" for a waiter job or a retail job in the future or if you just want a little extra cash.
    They will hire literally anyone over 16 as long as you have reliable transportation.
    You get paid on time.
    Bakery is the best job you can do there. Can get busy quickly but it is always fun.

ConsINCREDIBLY RUDE AND UNFAIR ASSISTANT MANAGER.
    When it's busy, it gets pretty crazy for everyone.
    20% off for food if you're not scheduled to work that day. 50% off for food if you plan on buying food on the same day you work but it's not that much of a difference. Should be free for everyone and not just managers and supervisors.
    The customers are either mean, needy, or absolutely clueless and will complain about almost anything.
    Everyday we run out of something and it's very inconvenient for both customers and staff.
    Most of the arcade games we have are broken and it's been broken ever since I started working here.
    No value for your personal life. Hard to negotiate schedule changes. Especially if you're not a "favorite".
    Overworks the best (or should I say favorite?) employees.
    Most of the time the management won't acknowledge the good things you do on a daily basis but will not hesitate to point out something you did wrong. Lots of verbal abuse from the higher positions and customers so get ready to have your feelings hurt.
    The floor is wet 99% of the time and you'll most likely fall if you don't get the right shoes, and even with that it's still a struggle to walk around without slipping.
    Minimum wage is what you start with. Very rare for someone to get a raise even if you worked here for 2+ years. Only the people who is friendly with the owner gets a higher wage and it's still not that much.
    Your schedule is not always a constant thing. You'll most likely cover for people, ask to come in earlier, ask to leave earlier or stay later or get told not to come in at all. Most of the time the place is either low-staffed or over-staffed since the schedule is so horribly planned out.

This list can go on and on forever honestly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favoring people and think of the employees that try to make it by. Manage the schedule better!! Motivate your employees instead of making them feel like crap.

Hard work, but enjoyable.

ProsThere is excellent job security and little chance that the company will take a plunge.

ConsThe goals set are almost unreachable, making it hard to earn decent bonuses and also causing the management team to work themselves into the ground in order to make numbers. The pay compared to similar places is terrible for both salary managers and hourly employees. High employee turnover leads to lowered productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay in every position in order to keep employees longer and have a more productive staff. Currently the jobs here are seen more as a "place holder" until something better comes along. Create a better benefit plan.

Cashier

Cashier (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Proswork with good people sometimes

ConsManagement is terrible, poor pay of 7.50 (average), owners take cash from registers causing cashiers to be short, owners treat you like trash, verbal beating everyday, majority of customers are jerks.

Advice to Senior Managementall of you suck

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not in college anymore

Cashier (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsRegular guests are great, and the entry level staff are kind and helpful.

ConsNo breaks, Understaffed, Management expects more High demand levels of work but don't pay you enough for it, Management talks down to lower level of employees, They have no value for home or personal life (your job is your life) despite using their "high value" for it as a selling point, Over work their best employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like respected adults and they are more likely to act like it.

Worked at franchise for over 8 years; typical food industry pay, etc.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Turnersville, NJ

ProsIf you're in your teens or twenties it can be fun.

ConsLack of advancement and creativity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMenu needs to keep up with consumer tastes.

Alright.

Chief Supervisor (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsGreat coworkers.
    Free food (as a supervisor or manager)
    Discounted food if you're a sales associate.
    Friendly general manager.
    Flexible schedule.

ConsGets extremely hectic when busy.
    Rude customers.
    Run out of supplies every week.
    Low on staff.
    Some cooks are unfriendly.
    Messy atmosphere.
    The floor gets flooded by the sinks in the back and you have to struggle to walk across it without slipping.
    Incredibly rude assistant manager.

Cheap

Cashier (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsMeeting new people. Nice first job for high school kids or people in college trying to get by

ConsUpgrading the building with new TVs and monitors for service but can't give someone a raise when they ask for it but they will give the guy with the felony on his record a raise when ever he ask for one!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favoring people!

It was a good time with great management

Cashier (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe assistant management was great. All together was great first job for any high school kid. Hours were pretty flexible as well

ConsThe head manager was not the best. There were some late nights. The working conditions got a little gross at times.

Slightly disorganized and hectic but friendly environment.

Cashier (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsThe staff was supportive and friendly when I was in training and the responsibilities were pretty easy to learn. It's fun in a busy way.

ConsDisorganized and working space was not totally clean. The guy training me spilled 3 hugs of salad dressing on the ground on my first day. Minimum wage when you're starting which isn't great. I quit after a week because they wanted me to work until 1 am on weeknights and I'm a high school student.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Awesome

ProsGreat all around experience with them

ConsI haven't really found nothing!

Worked for Fuddruckers? Contribute to the Community!