Fuddruckers Reviews

Updated August 10, 2014
Updated August 10, 2014

2.6

Peter Large

Hard work, but enjoyable.

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time

Pros

There is excellent job security and little chance that the company will take a plunge.

Cons

The goals set are almost unreachable, making it hard to earn decent bonuses and also causing the management team to work themselves into the ground in order to make numbers. The pay compared to similar places is terrible for both salary managers and hourly employees. High employee turnover leads to lowered productivity.

Increase pay in every position in order to keep employees longer and have a more productive staff. Currently the jobs here are seen more as a "place holder" until something better comes along. Create a better benefit plan.

I worked at Fuddruckers

Pros

Worked with friendly people. 50%! discount while we're working. Meet great people and sometimes get tips when serving food to guests.

Cons

Management weren't in sync with each other and caused confusion for workers.

One half-step below decent.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are really helpful and friendly. Cashiers, cooks, bakers, everyone is nice. You can make friends easily here.
    General manager is reasonable and supportive. Always willing to help. Very nice.
    The work itself is not hard at all. All you do is serve food, clean, or take orders.
    Breaks are usually an hour long which is not bad.
    Good job to start with in high school, if you plan on having "experience" for a waiter job or a retail job in the future or if you just want a little extra cash.
    They will hire literally anyone over 16 as long as you have reliable transportation.
    You get paid on time.
    Bakery is the best job you can do there. Can get busy quickly but it is always fun.

Cons

INCREDIBLY RUDE AND UNFAIR ASSISTANT MANAGER.
    When it's busy, it gets pretty crazy for everyone.
    20% off for food if you're not scheduled to work that day. 50% off for food if you plan on buying food on the same day you work but it's not that much of a difference. Should be free for everyone and not just managers and supervisors.
    The customers are either mean, needy, or absolutely clueless and will complain about almost anything.
    Everyday we run out of something and it's very inconvenient for both customers and staff.
    Most of the arcade games we have are broken and it's been broken ever since I started working here.
    No value for your personal life. Hard to negotiate schedule changes. Especially if you're not a "favorite".
    Overworks the best (or should I say favorite?) employees.
    Most of the time the management won't acknowledge the good things you do on a daily basis but will not hesitate to point out something you did wrong. Lots of verbal abuse from the higher positions and customers so get ready to have your feelings hurt.
    The floor is wet 99% of the time and you'll most likely fall if you don't get the right shoes, and even with that it's still a struggle to walk around without slipping.
    Minimum wage is what you start with. Very rare for someone to get a raise even if you worked here for 2+ years. Only the people who is friendly with the owner gets a higher wage and it's still not that much.
    Your schedule is not always a constant thing. You'll most likely cover for people, ask to come in earlier, ask to leave earlier or stay later or get told not to come in at all. Most of the time the place is either low-staffed or over-staffed since the schedule is so horribly planned out.

This list can go on and on forever honestly.

Stop favoring people and think of the employees that try to make it by. Manage the schedule better!! Motivate your employees instead of making them feel like crap.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time for more than a year

Pros

work with good people sometimes

Cons

Management is terrible, poor pay of 7.50 (average), owners take cash from registers causing cashiers to be short, owners treat you like trash, verbal beating everyday, majority of customers are jerks.

all of you suck

Not in college anymore

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Regular guests are great, and the entry level staff are kind and helpful.

Cons

No breaks, Understaffed, Management expects more High demand levels of work but don't pay you enough for it, Management talks down to lower level of employees, They have no value for home or personal life (your job is your life) despite using their "high value" for it as a selling point, Over work their best employees.

Treat your employees like respected adults and they are more likely to act like it.

Worked at franchise for over 8 years; typical food industry pay, etc.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Turnersville, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Turnersville, NJ

I worked at Fuddruckers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you're in your teens or twenties it can be fun.

Cons

Lack of advancement and creativity.

Menu needs to keep up with consumer tastes.

Alright.

Current Employee - Chief Supervisor  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Chief Supervisor in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers.
    Free food (as a supervisor or manager)
    Discounted food if you're a sales associate.
    Friendly general manager.
    Flexible schedule.

Cons

Gets extremely hectic when busy.
    Rude customers.
    Run out of supplies every week.
    Low on staff.
    Some cooks are unfriendly.
    Messy atmosphere.
    The floor gets flooded by the sinks in the back and you have to struggle to walk across it without slipping.
    Incredibly rude assistant manager.

Cheap

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Meeting new people. Nice first job for high school kids or people in college trying to get by

Cons

Upgrading the building with new TVs and monitors for service but can't give someone a raise when they ask for it but they will give the guy with the felony on his record a raise when ever he ask for one!

Stop favoring people!

It was a good time with great management

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time for less than a year

Pros

The assistant management was great. All together was great first job for any high school kid. Hours were pretty flexible as well

Cons

The head manager was not the best. There were some late nights. The working conditions got a little gross at times.

Slightly disorganized and hectic but friendly environment.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Cashier in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Fuddruckers part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was supportive and friendly when I was in training and the responsibilities were pretty easy to learn. It's fun in a busy way.

Cons

Disorganized and working space was not totally clean. The guy training me spilled 3 hugs of salad dressing on the ground on my first day. Minimum wage when you're starting which isn't great. I quit after a week because they wanted me to work until 1 am on weeknights and I'm a high school student.

Worked for Fuddruckers? Contribute to the Community!