Fuddruckers Reviews

Chris Pappas
1 Rating

1. okay

I worked at Fuddruckers

Pros

working here was good in the begging prior to being sold to lubby's after that things changed.

Cons

because I was the gm my work-life balance was great

2. Fun for a while

Former Employee - Cashier in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Fuddruckers

Pros

Fun Environment, great team restuarant

Cons

Low Wages, Corporate Oversight, cleanliness

None

Not so 'delighted' to help their managers or employees

Former Employee - Store Manager - Houston Area
    Former Employee - Store Manager - Houston Area

I worked at Fuddruckers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a fun place to be. The atmosphere inside the restaurants is relaxed and fun. The food is actually delicious. SInce Lubys purchased Fuddrickers a while back, there is lots of talk of delighting their guests. I found that that same culture is not spread amongst the team and especially the overworked and severely under appreciated managers. They want more hours from managers to complete the hourly employees tasks (cooking, prepping,, cashiering) to keep labor cost down. In this, the guests suffer, as do the managers home lives, I feel an appreciation for their dedicated management teams would go a LONG way in delighting their employees, as well as their guests..

Cons

As mentioned before, from a former store manager, the expectations can be overwhelming, the stress to lower food cost, labor cost, and also trying to constantly delight our guests, success seems impossible at times. Family lives DO suffer. More and more is expected, less and less appreciation is shown, and then burn out happens. Fuddruckers will continue losing good managers and the cost to train managers is very steep. Perhaps they should try to not only hire right, but TREAT right as well.

Treat your managers as a precious commodity. Allow (even encourage) earned time off, as all work and no play indeed makes Jack a dull boy. ( and jack family is upset as well).

5. punching bag

I worked at Fuddruckers

Pros

Good food to snack on

Cons

Being the youngest I was blamed for everything, and was made to do the nastiest Jobs. I was 16 and had school Monday morning, I closed every Sunday night by myself for a year.

Don't hire your family because you will let them get away with everything.

6. Summer Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Typical summer job being a cashier

Cons

The customers get angry when you mess up their orders

7. It's a good job with good people.

Current Employee - Cashier in Grapevine, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and good food

Cons

High volume, especially at Christmas and during the summer.

Management does a good job.

8. Good food, fun astmosphere.

Former Employee - Cashier in Weehawken, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Weehawken, NJ

I worked at Fuddruckers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

All the employees were very friendly, might have been what made the place so great. Good discounts.

Cons

Very few pay raises. Overstaffed so hours were spread thin.

9. Injust, Backstabbers!!!

Current Employee - GSA in Bayamon, PR
    Current Employee - GSA in Bayamon, PR

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company job wise. Most of the managers are easy going and just. Employees overall are good, friendly.

Cons

Challenges? Have to deal with unjust and backstabbing department managers and trainers. They just look out for their benefit and its not the company perse it's the franchises.

Be a little bit more humane and learn to run a business before putting anyone not capacitated to do so.

10. I worked at Fuddruckers

Pros

Worked with friendly people. 50%! discount while we're working. Meet great people and sometimes get tips when serving food to guests.

Cons

Management weren't in sync with each other and caused confusion for workers.

One half-step below decent.

Current Employee - Cashier in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Fuddruckers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are really helpful and friendly. Cashiers, cooks, bakers, everyone is nice. You can make friends easily here.
    General manager is reasonable and supportive. Always willing to help. Very nice.
    The work itself is not hard at all. All you do is serve food, clean, or take orders.
    Breaks are usually an hour long which is not bad.
    Good job to start with in high school, if you plan on having "experience" for a waiter job or a retail job in the future or if you just want a little extra cash.
    They will hire literally anyone over 16 as long as you have reliable transportation.
    You get paid on time.
    Bakery is the best job you can do there. Can get busy quickly but it is always fun.

Cons

INCREDIBLY RUDE AND UNFAIR ASSISTANT MANAGER.
    When it's busy, it gets pretty crazy for everyone.
    20% off for food if you're not scheduled to work that day. 50% off for food if you plan on buying food on the same day you work but it's not that much of a difference. Should be free for everyone and not just managers and supervisors.
    The customers are either mean, needy, or absolutely clueless and will complain about almost anything.
    Everyday we run out of something and it's very inconvenient for both customers and staff.
    Most of the arcade games we have are broken and it's been broken ever since I started working here.
    No value for your personal life. Hard to negotiate schedule changes. Especially if you're not a "favorite".
    Overworks the best (or should I say favorite?) employees.
    Most of the time the management won't acknowledge the good things you do on a daily basis but will not hesitate to point out something you did wrong. Lots of verbal abuse from the higher positions and customers so get ready to have your feelings hurt.
    The floor is wet 99% of the time and you'll most likely fall if you don't get the right shoes, and even with that it's still a struggle to walk around without slipping.
    Minimum wage is what you start with. Very rare for someone to get a raise even if you worked here for 2+ years. Only the people who is friendly with the owner gets a higher wage and it's still not that much.
    Your schedule is not always a constant thing. You'll most likely cover for people, ask to come in earlier, ask to leave earlier or stay later or get told not to come in at all. Most of the time the place is either low-staffed or over-staffed since the schedule is so horribly planned out.

This list can go on and on forever honestly.

Stop favoring people and think of the employees that try to make it by. Manage the schedule better!! Motivate your employees instead of making them feel like crap.