Fujikura

Updated September 16, 2014
3.7

Fujikura President & CEO Yoichi Nagahama
Yoichi Nagahama

It's great place for selling/learning electronic components and optic fiber related products.

Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Fujikura

Pros

They have a great history in Japan over 100 years and made innovations in electornic component and optic fiber business.
    Good communication and skill/career plan education. I did not know how to produce the electronic components but I could understand it soon. I could went to Thailand factory tour and leaned the cost and the process of those production lines.
    They have started to launch China office since 1990s. So they knew how to make the good relation customers in China,

Cons

Japanese were very poor English level and just tried to discount products prices.
    Locally employed people gave some good idea but team would not like to take it for sales promotions.

Hire me again

Almost good company

I worked at Fujikura

Pros

You would be able to get involved in a challenging project even though you are young. Instead of that, the workload would be much enough.

Cons

Gender equity was not enough. Sometimes people, especially old men tended to regard female a employee as an assistants.

Senior Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Fujikura full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Japanese are friendly and polite, good working environment, making enironment friendly product

Cons

too much bureaucracy, many meetings, very long meetings, average pay, long working hours