Fujitsu America Reviews

145 reviews filtered by
2.4
Fujitsu America President and CEO Robert D. Pryor
Robert D. Pryor

Pros
  • There is a focus on work life balance and virtual work is the norm (in 5 reviews)

• Lots of good people in the consulting ranks willing to help in a collaborative manner (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, instant gratification expected (in 4 reviews)

• Very detached upper management and micro managing middle management (in 4 reviews)

Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company for working as long as then have projects

Cons

Employees are not valued when they want to fire

Advice to Management

Take a feed back of the exiting employees

2. Great place to work. Wish I was still there

Former Employee - Support Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Support Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great times there

Cons

Salary was not high enough

Advice to Management

Pay more

Great people and products, horrible leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, work life balance and company size

Cons

Lack of vision, leadership and sheer management ability.

Advice to Management

Leave

Complex organization that lacks resources and profitability to succeed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fujitsu makes high quality products and has a broad portfolio of hardware, software, and services to offer customers. Its brand name is strong in Japan and Europe, but doesn't have much visibility in North America. The staff there have long tenure, loyal and committed to the organization.

Cons

Continued revenue declines and super-competitive price competition make it hard to meet financial targets at the top line, and cost reductions to improve the bottom line have reduced staff below critical levels, affecting morale and limiting flexibility to target new opportunities.

6. Pretty good company to work for.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits package. Good training opportunities and intellectual property to increase your capabilities.

Cons

Uncertain assignment length and ability of company to find new assignments. Difficulty in moving from one assignment to another to promote career growth.

7. Need of improvements but hopeful

I have been working at Fujitsu America

Pros

Dedicated and long standing employees

Cons

Significant leadership changes over past 6+ years and experience of on-going restructuring activities

Advice to Management

I've been an employee for over 21+ years. During this time I have seen significant changes in the senior management team, especially in the past 6 years. I'm not sure about the current CEO priorities and direction but some of us are hopeful now with some of his most recent leadership decisions which many of us feel are long overdue.

Firstly, the infrastructure business has been in some turmoil for some time but really coming to a head in the past year or so with many new management team members hired in this business unit, especially for the hosting and network team. Recently, the CEO has hired a new leader to lead this business as well as bring in some outside expertise. Hoping the new leader will bring the much needed change.

Secondly, bringing back the current CFO. My observation is that what critical and limited system and process automation over the past few years were driven under her leadership and support these past few years. When she left, we felt a significant gap and this was especially pronounced with the R12 re-implementation efforts. There were so many critical project issues and these were escalated to the previous management team but we were ignored, this was so demoralizing to the team and we did not want to fail. When she returned, she listened to the concerns of the team members, brought in an independent team to complete an assessment, and then took immediate action, including exiting some team members. Probably why she isn't so popular with some of the people right now. The project is not completely back on track yet but the team is starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. We are still experiencing some issues but there's significantly improved direction and increased collaboration within the IT team as well as cross functional business partners. In addition, she has kept true to her word by working to develop team members and provide opportunities to promote from within as opposed to hiring only from outside, which has been another sore point by many of us. There's no guarantee of success but we're more hopeful than in the past that things will turn around. We appreciate her leadership, I've never had a leader so open to engaging the team and truly acting to help the team get escalated issues resolved. Not sure if she will be successful since what needs to get done is a little daunting, but we're cautiously hopeful with her back, again only time will tell but many of us are very glad she's back.

Temp to Hire - Call center environment

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people and flexible hours.

Cons

Pay way below average due to their tendency to employ contract temp to hire staff and never actually hiring on full time staff. This results in a employee turnover akin to a fast food restaurant.

Advice to Management

While contracting employees is common practice in project environments but having temp employees on 2-3 year projects and then firing them is a business practice common to Soviet Russia.

Good team members...bad Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fujitsu America

Pros

initial hiring pay
    flexible hours(with the right manager)

Cons

lack of leadership
    inconsistent merit increase process

Advice to Management

train managers

10. Tough decision to leave Fujitsu, but new leadership refreshing and inspiring.

Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Company has a lot of potential and people are wonderful..!

Cons

Serious challenges with the infrastructure leadership and priorities....or lack thereof.

Advice to Management

Get new leadership for the infrastructure business, improve technical solutioning, team priority setting and collaboration to drive increased results and team spirit.

Quick shout out to the new CFO recently brought back in. Surprising to see some of the reviews here but I can see why, she's a "let's help each other get the job done" kind of leader. I worked with her on a large customer solution when she was here a couple of years back, we were hitting financial, operational and customer roadblocks on every corner for this deal but she rolled up her sleeves and truely helped the team work through all the issues/escalations regardless of whether it related to finance or not. She's a brilliant finance leader and great dealing with the customer and our internal teams, she's very effective with very strong financial, operational and systems acumen....and a hard but fair negotiator with the customer. It was wonderful to hear she was coming back and I had my first opportunity to meet her in person when she was out here in the Texas office for the Q3 all hands. Fujitsu is lucky to have her back..!

11. Great Company, People, Products, Just can't sell enough

Current Employee - Senior Software Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Sales Engineer

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire people who are willing to get the work done no matter what, and get along with staff.

Cons

Company struggling to make more profit.

Fujitsu America Photos