Fujitsu America Reviews

Robert D. Pryor

1. Great company

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really great company to work for, but I felt they get stuck with Japanese tradition and have trouble grasping or accepting the issues in the US

Cons

As stated before, if they can relax some of the old tradition, they would be in better shape.

Temp to Hire - Call center environment

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people and flexible hours.

Cons

Pay way below average due to their tendency to employ contract temp to hire staff and never actually hiring on full time staff. This results in a employee turnover akin to a fast food restaurant.

While contracting employees is common practice in project environments but having temp employees on 2-3 year projects and then firing them is a business practice common to Soviet Russia.

3. Tough decision to leave Fujitsu, but new leadership refreshing and inspiring.

Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Company has a lot of potential and people are wonderful..!

Cons

Serious challenges with the infrastructure leadership and priorities....or lack thereof.

Get new leadership for the infrastructure business, improve technical solutioning, team priority setting and collaboration to drive increased results and team spirit.

Quick shout out to the new CFO recently brought back in. Surprising to see some of the reviews here but I can see why, she's a "let's help each other get the job done" kind of leader. I worked with her on a large customer solution when she was here a couple of years back, we were hitting financial, operational and customer roadblocks on every corner for this deal but she rolled up her sleeves and truely helped the team work through all the issues/escalations regardless of whether it related to finance or not. She's a brilliant finance leader and great dealing with the customer and our internal teams, she's very effective with very strong financial, operational and systems acumen....and a hard but fair negotiator with the customer. It was wonderful to hear she was coming back and I had my first opportunity to meet her in person when she was out here in the Texas office for the Q3 all hands. Fujitsu is lucky to have her back..!

5. Acosta Support Service Desk - Contractor

Former Contractor - Support Service Desk in Richardson, TX
    Former Contractor - Support Service Desk in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent for the type of work. Over time available.

Cons

Training was seriously lacking. No 15 minute breaks and if calls are holding no lunches. As a contractor they apparently don't have to give these in Texas. Don't believe the interviewers who say you can go on full time after a year, it will never happen and you will always be a contractor until you give up and quit. If you apply for the job and want a first shift schedule make sure to state that during the interview and don't give them any hint of flexibility or they will walk all over you. No assigned desks, ancient equipment, chairs falling apart, basically they are squeezing every ounce of profit they can out of the place.

None because I feel all the call center managers from leads on up need to be replaced. The management culture is one of intimidation. The management at that place literally gave me nightmares.

6. Great experience in fast paced enviroment

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As an entry level FA gained vast experienced and learned a lot about the business.

Cons

Lack of a process in some areas.

Loved the management.

7. Fujitsu American Inc

Former Contractor - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Contractor - Help Desk Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Business casual dress and great people to work with.

Cons

Poorly managed and extremely poor people skills in the management. Management does not support great customer service as it is more about ticket taking. Also, I talked with people that had been a contactor for 4 years.

Training for managers/team leads on professionalism, good people skills and ensure customer service is the top priority. Management is responsibility for leading by example and I did not experience this type of professionalism in upper or lower management. The training, to say the least, is minimal (one week) and the call time expectations are a direct indication of the type of customer service which is provided. This is also reflected in the continual press to decrease the talk time per call as you gain the proficiency with the ticketing system and customer environment.

8. Working for Fujitsu America

Current Employee - Manager Consulting in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Consulting in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Positive Work Environment
    Opportunities for Personal and Professional Growth
    Financial Rewards
    Compelling Future

Cons

Talent Management needs extra focus and attention

Expand business activities all across the nation, there is tremendous potential in the current marketspace and Fujitsu America really has the strength and abilities to showcase the heritage of products and service offerings to customers across the US, given that this is one of the largest GDP nations in the world.

Very Disappointed

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible, a lot of good people, good products

Cons

Very low employee morale. Constance change at the exeuctive level. Salary for positions are below the average for the area. Processes vary by business unit. Products even though good are to costly. No employee activities. Executives get bounses even though the company is not profitable.

Focus on what you do good, quite trying to go after the hot tickets (Cloud) that you're not good at. Needs stability to create a company structure and growth...

10. Descent work environment...

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Pretty ok work balance, etc.....

Cons

No bonuses....and merit increase only comes around every three years.

Very Strange Merger

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu America

Pros

Coworkers acquired with the ADS divestiture were very resiliant and open to change.

Cons

No vision or plan for the future
    Odd titles
    No bonuses
    No chance for advancement unless in the "right" circles
    No training
    Lack of management support and follow through
    Very tight fisted with salaries
    Very low morale
    Low tech at a supposedly high tech company

Talent is leaving your organization at an alarming rate for a reason. The current management is more interested in socializing than doing their jobs.

Fujitsu America Photos