Fujitsu America

Fujitsu America Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Fujitsu America President and CEO Robert D. Pryor

Robert D. Pryor

Pros
  • There is a focus on work life balance and virtual work is the norm (in 5 reviews)

• Lots of good people in the consulting ranks willing to help in a collaborative manner (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Siloed, general poor employee morale (in 3 reviews)

• Long hours, instant gratification expected (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was given a chance to learn many new things.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsA very good working environment.

ConsSales had hard time promoting some products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepend more on engineering to help sell the products.

Solutions Manager

Solutions Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat company and culture, great benefits

ConsLong hours, instant gratification expected

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the vision and stategies

A good company to work for with interesting projects and career potential

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI enjoyed working for the company and felt like a real member of a team. The team with which I worked was great and we all worked well together. The company culture in general is good and work well done is rewarded and/or recognized.

ConsThe economic downtrend hit the company as well with no bonuses and salary increases, but that was to be expected with the general economy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable and Friendly Work Envinronment

Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThere are many people who have been with company for over 10+ years. People are friendly, many working parents with children (small or big). There are opportunities to change a job within a company, since this company is big and has various subsidiaries, etc.

ConsThere are opportunities to change a job within the company, however, the promotions are somewhat limited. Japanese employees from Fujitsu in Japan have more say in everything and all the important decisions are made in Japan.

Good Salaries, old Technology

Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPay high salaries at least 20% over bay Area (average is $170K/year for manager), 5 weeks vacations for 10 years plus employee

ConsLay off people who they don't like, so it doesn't matter if you are working or not, if the boss like you, you are set.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good employee, not just the one you like

Started fine but company is struggling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsWork/life balance, I work long hours at my own choosing, not because management demands it.

ConsSiloed, general poor employee morale

It used to be good before re-orgs and turmoil with the economy

Manager Consuting (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNot a bad company but used to be better

ConsThey had good practice structure and other good policies before the economic turmoil. But after they changed to region based, you cannot expect any carrier rather if you want an immediate stop gap project you can take that up.

More difficult every year

ProsCorporate environment
    Some stability
    A lot of good people

ConsMore and more work needs to be done with less and less people
    Changes of CEO
    It feels like the company just tries to survive

Great people poor management

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPeople here are great. Work schedule is good and environment is a positive one. Decent campus and location to public transportation.

ConsUnfortunately the management does not have a firm grip on the current marketplace and the changes within it. The approach is a reactive one rather than a proactive one. Upper management seems to be riding the waves while employees are struggling without resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to gain focus and rely on the knowledgeable experts the employees

Round after round of Sr leadership trying to fix a company in a mature or declining industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsMost of the lower level people are great (although there are a few "bad apples" in the mix). The majority of the individual contributors are hard working and dedicated. Unfortunately, I think this masks the desperate situation the technology and business processes are in. Salaries are competitive for the most part. Work schedule can be flexible if you live outside of an office area.

ConsToo many to count. This is certainly a situation of "the cobbers children going without shoes". Fujitsu sells technology solutions and services to its clients but its own systems are a huge mess. Many people in the organization are very difficult to work with. Some departments are at war with other departments and try to sabotage them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop enabling the political actions that go on between departments. Get a system that works across all of the boundaries. Treat people better.....we can and will leave the company.

Worked for Fujitsu America? Contribute to the Community!