Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed(in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path(in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor(in 4 reviews)

Platinum Level Consultant

Platinum Level Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsIndependence and ability to work your own career. Very little management oversight. Able to write your own ticket. If you like to work directly with clients and deal one on on, then they will encourage it.

ConsYour simply a body. There is no mentoring, no career path, no benefit to the long term career minded consultant. The pure consulting arm isn't really sure where they want to grow and rarely can compete with other companies that keep a strong bench.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your consultants help drive achievement and direction. They are your ONLY asset. The bench is your responsibility to help

Everybody I worked with from Memphis to Nashville wanted to do as little as possible and the customer is never right.

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsYou will get the best technical training in the POS business. I have had a lot of training and theirs is very thorough. You leave with a sense of Competency. You will always have what you need to suceed, cause the managers monitor everything you do. They are report and numbers driven. You will always know where you stand, so stick to the rules!

ConsThey have too many people who are burned out because they are understaffed. Too much jeolousy among Engineers, only one or two guys I worked with really cared that I succeeded. Very low team participation, minimal and just enough to get by. Everybody feared they were going to downsized or loose pay, very depressing, so I quit after 4 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody feared they were going to be downsized or loose pay, very depressing. Senior Engineers talked negative about the company almost everyday, until you didn't want to be around the guys. They don't follow through on calls and lie about their whereabouts. I even tracked on Engineer who GPS who was supposed to be on call with me, and he was sitting at his house probably watching the Tennessee football game. He lied to me about where he was,so I quit after 6 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done. You should put everybody on probation and make them reapply for their job. The field Engineers out there are ruining your reputation as a global company. You should hire another firm to Outsource the Nashville district to contractors who need to make a living.

FSA was a sold company 10+ years ago. But withered away.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo current Pros. for a long time.

ConsCompany goes through layoff after layoff. From over 500+ down to about 60 in 10 years. No top level management support or business strategy, besides 'just sell'. Poor mid-level management employee support. No HR. Managers are free to manage employees any way they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust shut down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience working with my colleagues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFreely and technically, enjoy working

Conssenior management needs extra focus and attention

Good place for the right person

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal player in the IT services market, with opportunities to work almost anywhere in the world. Industrial partnerships, and potential for involvement in innovative solutions. Colleagues who are honest, genuine, and talented.

ConsUpper management is hopelessly out of touch with the people on the front lines. They talk a good game about how their employees are their most important assets - but they do not put their money or their actions where their mouths are. Resource managers are less concerned with the welfare of their charges (the consultants) than with their own best interests, which frequently are in conflict with the best interests of the consultants they are placing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your employees are your most valuable asset, treat them that way. Stop talking about it, and start doing it. Give your resource managers incentive to do what's best for the consultants, not what's best for themselves.

Fujitsu Wireless Dvivsion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation and Job security was good

ConsDue to business conditions and organization not much chance for personal career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to grow in some manner the business to create opportunities for personal employee growth

As a consultant, there are diverse customers to work with

Platinum Consultant - Business Applications Services (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAs a consultant, you get to learn about your customers business and you may change customers every 6 months or 6 years.
    The company is getting about paying for performance

ConsBonus program needs some adjustment as it is impacting the rating of some employees who deserve a high rating but the company can't afford to pay bonuses for the pool that achieved or over-achieved their objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking and start listening to the employees.

Business Development and Strategic Alliances Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome brand; well respected in industry.

ConsDifficult to get promoted and innovate.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngagement is necessary to growth.

Room for Improvement

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company had big buying power for reduction of costs for benefits.
    Broad spectrum of opportunities to learn and work in different industries

ConsSales staff were encouraged to only hit a home-run. So, if your role is supporting a product that does not give a large commission to the sales representative, that segment of Fujitsu's business will slowly fade away.
    Slow to recognize market value for existing employees. So, new hires get brought on at market value, but existing employees do not get an opportunity to have salary increased to market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust sales teams to sale specific product lines rather than across a full solution industry (i.e PeopleSoft Sales team should be built, Fujitsu had an ERP sales team). This would allow for continued growth within given supported products, and allow for a larger profit margin for the support team

Great people and good balance of life

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people, good benefits, 401K matching and generally good balance of professional and personal life.

ConsLong product development cycle, lack of strategic marketing plans for product launch which weaken the ability to compete regionally and globally

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive Management need to step up and break out of the traditional mentality that business will always be profitable when no changes are made. There needs to be more vision, innovation and thought-leadership.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!