Fujitsu Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • Great people & work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Very calm and composed work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

Some managers are great but their payroll and A/P people do not care about employees

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Depending on where you are working you may get a great manager that will take an interest in you.

Cons

They were late on a couple of my paychecks (like 1.5 months late). They killed all work in the Chicago area which means you travel or get fired. The accounts payable people and payroll people do not care about handling problems in a quick way. (It took me 4 months and threatening a lawsuit to get money back from them for expenses that they "mistakenly direct deposited to the wrong account".)

Advice to Management

Make sure your people are paid.

2. Look before you leap

Former Employee - Principal Consultant. . . in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant. . . in Denver, CO

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

You can work in many areas..

Cons

Very rigid. Political environment and lot of backstabbing in the Denver office

Advice to Management

It is good that they changed the Senior management in Denver office. They messed up the whole thing.

The WORST company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with.

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Pay was good. I was virtual, so I was flying all over the country, racking up frequent flyer miles and hotel points.

Cons

The bottom line is, the people there don't have a clue in how to run a business. I had zero support from my management. FC purchased Rapidigm, where I worked. I scheduled a 3 day weekend to take a short trip with my family. I made sure all my duties were being handled by a superior to me. Over the weekend, disaster struck and my boss told me it was all my fault. I explained that I had turned everything over to a fellow worked, who was senior to me. Turns out this guy lied and told my boss I hadn't turned over anything! I tried to explain to my boss that the superior had lied, but I wasn't believed and my boss didn't care. The next month the practice had a national meeting, and while my name wasn't mentioned, my boss used "MY" screwup as how the company was losing business, and how we can't have idiots working for us! I went to him afterwards in private, and asked him what exactly should I have done different? He said "Just do your f**ing job!" I told him I thought I was, but I could use some constructive feedback and guidance. He said I should know how to do my job, and he then walked away. This was all during the absorbtion of Rapidigm into Fujitsu Consulting. After this particular trip, I was then demoted, and then a few months later, laid off.

Advice to Management

Maybe THEY should do their job?!!

Senior Leadership like VP's should be more experienced and open minded

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

If you have people of your caste and region in higher management, you are covered. If you belong to the caste of the existing VP, you are safe even if you don;t do anything.

Cons

Some of the leadership belong to Indian Culture and they tend to be bias in dealings and are more favourable to their caste or religion people.

Advice to Management

Senoir management should be above regional and religious discrimination.

An Global BODY SHOP company with high billing rates and low job security

Current Employee - Senior Oracle Technical Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Oracle Technical Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Very good Paralegal and HR Services....Competitive salary with the industry if your at senior level. They often give an 2 weeks notice to their bench employees.

Cons

Other than good paralegal and HR services this is an Worst company to join. They say tht they are competitors of IBM, EDS, Accenture, Deloitte but they can't find any good projects for months....simply to say its an "BODY SHOP" company like many Indian companies in New Jersey with an Global Name. All the senior level technical guys are Indians who just want high billing and promotions....they wn't care about employee job security and career. The standards are worst over here....Even if you have good recognition from the clients they can layoff... if your on bench for over 3months. They can't find any project nor unable to bodyshop coz of there high rates ($100 per hr) If your got any project with lesser rate they will simply reject it....Its better to join an 85:15 company if are able to get your own projects. This happens to be biggest mistake I ever made in my life joining this BODY SHOP Global company. Please think twice before you join this company. Its an humble advice.

Advice to Management

Better cleanup your higher management and AE who are unable to get any projects/business. Kindly avoid "BODY SHOP" this is an global company not an 85:15 New Jersey company. Give employee's more job security.

Should be called Fujitsu Insulting

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Compensation in terms of pay, bonus and benefits is comparable to other similar companies.

Cons

There are no opportunites for career development at this company. They would rather dump you and hire a new body with the skills they want rather than develop new skills in existing employees.

Advice to Management

Since managers get their positions by tending to their superiors backsides, they only tend to promote underlings that take care of their own backside rather than promoting individuals based on skill or ability. This leads to managers who are ineffective at managing a consulting company and a lack of growth opportunity for skilled individuals.

Fujitsu Consulting is unable to stop the bleeding.

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

You will receive a paycheck.

Cons

Managers in this organization have historically prompted subordinates to cater to the needs of a supervisor’s career in deference to their own ambition. The management team is filled with people who lack effectiveness in managing and leading the consultancy to achieve greatness. Promotions are doled out to people unqualified for positions but have proven themselves to aid in career development of their superiors. Loyalty is a one way street. Fujitsu talks about Macroscope as a standard methodology but the consultancy has no idea how to implement or manage the process. Macroscope is not pervasive in the corporate approach. It is used as a carrot to entice clients to purchase services. There is no vision at the senior levels and is born out by the number of times strategy and focus has shifted in two years. At this date, the management is once again creating vision and mission statements that should have been set two years ago when the acquisitions began. Fujitsu has not been able to garner support from the sales team as witnessed by the loss of market share during the past two years. Practice managers and consultants are expected to seek out and sell engagements to clients. If the bill rate for any service drops below $100/hour then the business is rejected. Fujitsu's interest is in driving bill rates up and not in providing excellence in delivery. The culture covets the sale and not the delivery of excellence. Executive management is disinterested in leaving their offices to see for themselves what is happening in the field. They rely on the reports of managers who only wish to save their own skin by blaming poor revenue growth on their subordinates. It is interesting that this is accepted by the executive branch. When will they realize that all the transformational leaders have been eliminated by functionaries who only want to climb the corporate ladder?

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to what is happening below you. Question why a person with one year of consulting experience and no direct training has been named operations director. Question why some very capable people have been "laid off". The answers are clear and simple. It is time for senior management to clean the middle management house of people more adept in politics than in leading people to achieve personal greatness. It is through the success of the consultancy that Fujitus will attain corporate health. If the consutants are not successful then the company is not. Loyalty and sevice is a two way street. Practice management needs to serve their consultants and clients better. Practice managers need to answer their phones... no matter who is on the other end. The idea that if the caller is a consultant then she/he is not important is eronneous. In short, stop trusting people who have managed to shrink a cash cow. There is too much selfish motivation and not enough team motivation. This is as much advice as I am willing to give for free.

Fujitsu Conslting - Not a Good Company to Work at all

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

looks like large company in think

Cons

Marketing is not good, Sales are poor, management is even poor.Nobody cares what is happening with Consultants working for them.They leave alone existing employees look for new.No career growth,no communication between consultants,managers,practice managers

Advice to Management

Consider the actual consultants who feed the company with dollers

Come work for Fujitsu and watch your career nosedive!

Former Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Newark, NJ

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Steady paycheck 401 K Match Overall the company is fair to work for. But you should keep in mind that you can get laid off at any time.

Cons

No training No pay increase Too much travel Be warned that if you want to work for Fujitsu, its more of a bodyshop.

Advice to Management

I really don't know what to say. When you have bad decisions after bad decisions, then the only thing you can do is to start over.

11. Very dissatisfied

Former Employee - Service Desk Tech in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Service Desk Tech in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay was OK but don't expect more.

Cons

I have never been let go after two weeks on the job, however, this company did! This company doesn't give new employees chance to prove themselves.

Advice to Management

Improve your training.

RSS Feed </> Embed