Fujitsu Reviews

249 reviews filtered by
3.1
Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 22 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

1. Best career move I ever made.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

I have worked for Fujitsu for around 9 years. I have had the opportunity to work on a number of different projects from small implementations to one of the largest Oracle implementations in UK. I joined after a long career in the public sector and was grateful to be taken on without previous private sector consulting experience. I have an excellent mentor who has helped me develop my Oracle skills and consolidate my knowledge. You have to be a self-starter and not wait to be told what to do. Coming from the civil service where the chain of command is much more rigid, this can be a bit disconcerting at first.
    The organisation is family friendly and sensitive to the personal needs of it's employees. The working atmosphere is excellent, staff are friendly, helpful and have a real desire to do the best for the customer.

Cons

I think the first couple of months can be a bit daunting if your job involves remote working. You may not meet all of your team members for some time and one can feel isolated. The solution is to keep in touch with team members by phone, Lync etc.

2. Outstanding company to work for, great values, supportive and organised.

Current Employee - Oracle HCM/Payroll Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Oracle HCM/Payroll Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Excellent flexible benefits, diversity and inclusion is second to none, broad opportunities for learning and development

Cons

Challenge to meet some deadlines

3. I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

People are high quality, hard-working. Good camaraderie.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement.

5. Out of touch management and atrocious change control and excess bureaucracy hold down workforce.

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent facilities. Nice benefits. Many very good employees on the lower level -- Fujitsu is selective and at least seems to be good at picking good people. Lots of employees with 10+ years at Fujitsu, too. Employees are a bit dejected, but they are at least proud of their work.

Cons

Management is largely out of touch and has little idea what its engineers are doing. Different groups don't talk with each other. No raises for past 2 years. Sunnyvale is supposedly the North American HQ, but in reality, the Dallas office runs much more things. And Dallas and Sunnyvale don't talk. Home office in Japan occasionally butts in -- and they're even less transparent. We have no idea what they're doing. Unfortunately, the bad employees seem to become managers, architects, and other upper levels. Non-technical retail managers are brought in to do technical jobs -- and fail horribly.

Fire about half of upper management -- they seem to have no particular purpose. Hire more "grunts" with the savings. Dump the current change control system -- it should be no more onerous than is necessary to do the job. Instead, it's a productivity destroying bureaucratic morass.

6. The company itself is good but the unprofessional attitude of senior managers makes it a worst company to work with.

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Shift Flexibility
    Good salary hikes
    Job Security
    Good pay

Cons

Poor management
    Unprofessional Managers
    Unprofessional Competency heads

7. I have a good working experience with Fujitsu and got hand on training of Oracle EBS, got a great boss and co workers

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Programmer/Analyst in Makati City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Programmer/Analyst in Makati City (Philippines)

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

high paying job, office culture

Cons

requires more time to work and stay in the office

as far as im concern this company is a good one

8. Lisbon GDC - Literally depends on your manager. If this turns the wrong way for any reason there's no place to turn to

Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician/Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician/Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Relatively stable. If the contract you're working on gets to an end you can apply internally to any open vacancies before the externals do.

Cons

There is no effective progression system in place. You depend exclusively on your manager and there is no workaround it.

Think about your internal customer. They do count. Start aplying some kind of management evaluation from the base. 360 is hard to apply but I'm sure it would be easy to have some kind of feedback from the teams who have to deal with their managers and their decisions join a daily basis.

9. everything is good

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

no so bad and good

Cons

however no one wants to stay

10. Supporting Work

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

it gives Timing flexibility to the employee.

Cons

Only Supporting Project are here, Don't have Development project.

11. to quote another employee, "i"m making so much money, it's ridicoulos

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

money money money easy time off

Cons

silly managment, hard to get demos

know your customer

Fujitsu Photos

Shiodome City Center, where the Fujitsu headquarter offices are located, in Tokyo (Photo attributed to Lombroso - )
Free Coffee