Fujitsu Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
254 reviews filtered by
Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 22 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

1. Fujitsu Manila GDC is a good IT company as technical training ground and for long-term growth

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good career growth
    With training
    fair pay and hours
    good working environment
    Great teammates

Cons

slower in making decisions but they get there

Advice to Management

speed up approval process

2. I don´t recommend it, at least not the one in Costa Rica

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Night shifts, internal certifications, transportation sometimes offered

Cons

Employees are irrelevant to the company, whatever they can save in expenses including toiletries they will. HR does not work with management, if anything it looks like a struggle for power

3. IT Helpdesk (Live Nation) (Ticketmaster) (JetBlue)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, good entry level position.

Cons

Underpaid employment and favoritism. You can have 95% closing ticket ratio but you will never see a raise. (S&C) $16.00 an hour

Advice to Management

Train your employees better. Input a better knowledge base system.

5. ITIL Process Controller

Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and a Wage a little above average.
    Very good facilities and great location.

Cons

The People Management, as well as Management in general is not satisfactory. This is return can cause employees to lose drive and motivation over time.

Advice to Management

Management at all levels requires great improvement.
    Also I believe that every employee should be given a fair chance to progress their career. I mean that Management should consider each individual's Performance, rather than the Time they've been working at Fujitsu.
    All Workers should be treated as Human Beings, who have a Life of their own outside the office. Not treated as "Numbers" or "Acquired Items" that can be easily "Disposed" of.

6. Great for Learning, Poor at Progression

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is no doubt that everyone that works at FCL is driven and customer-focused. Management also tries to ensure that training opportunities are widely available to all staff, though it is up to each person to get their own training done and to champion their development.

Cons

It is hard to launch ideas for new services and solutions because of the inherent bureaucracy. Most initiatives are driven top-down rather than bottom up. Because of the fact that most persons already work long hours, it also difficult to justify reward and recognition programmes in a conventional way.

Advice to Management

Keep the customer-centricity as a key focus, but it may be best to give autonomy to lower departments to promote intrapreneurial behaviour.

7. Best career move I ever made.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

I have worked for Fujitsu for around 9 years. I have had the opportunity to work on a number of different projects from small implementations to one of the largest Oracle implementations in UK. I joined after a long career in the public sector and was grateful to be taken on without previous private sector consulting experience. I have an excellent mentor who has helped me develop my Oracle skills and consolidate my knowledge. You have to be a self-starter and not wait to be told what to do. Coming from the civil service where the chain of command is much more rigid, this can be a bit disconcerting at first.
    The organisation is family friendly and sensitive to the personal needs of it's employees. The working atmosphere is excellent, staff are friendly, helpful and have a real desire to do the best for the customer.

Cons

I think the first couple of months can be a bit daunting if your job involves remote working. You may not meet all of your team members for some time and one can feel isolated. The solution is to keep in touch with team members by phone, Lync etc.

8. Outstanding company to work for, great values, supportive and organised.

Current Employee - Oracle HCM/Payroll Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Oracle HCM/Payroll Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Excellent flexible benefits, diversity and inclusion is second to none, broad opportunities for learning and development

Cons

Challenge to meet some deadlines

9. I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

People are high quality, hard-working. Good camaraderie.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement.

10. Out of touch management and atrocious change control and excess bureaucracy hold down workforce.

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent facilities. Nice benefits. Many very good employees on the lower level -- Fujitsu is selective and at least seems to be good at picking good people. Lots of employees with 10+ years at Fujitsu, too. Employees are a bit dejected, but they are at least proud of their work.

Cons

Management is largely out of touch and has little idea what its engineers are doing. Different groups don't talk with each other. No raises for past 2 years. Sunnyvale is supposedly the North American HQ, but in reality, the Dallas office runs much more things. And Dallas and Sunnyvale don't talk. Home office in Japan occasionally butts in -- and they're even less transparent. We have no idea what they're doing. Unfortunately, the bad employees seem to become managers, architects, and other upper levels. Non-technical retail managers are brought in to do technical jobs -- and fail horribly.

Advice to Management

Fire about half of upper management -- they seem to have no particular purpose. Hire more "grunts" with the savings. Dump the current change control system -- it should be no more onerous than is necessary to do the job. Instead, it's a productivity destroying bureaucratic morass.

11. The company itself is good but the unprofessional attitude of senior managers makes it a worst company to work with.

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Shift Flexibility
    Good salary hikes
    Job Security
    Good pay

Cons

Poor management
    Unprofessional Managers
    Unprofessional Competency heads

Fujitsu Photos

Shiodome City Center, where the Fujitsu headquarter offices are located, in Tokyo (Photo attributed to Lombroso - )
Free Coffee