Fujitsu

Updated November 25, 2014
3.1

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 22 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Platinum Level Consultant

Current Employee - Platinum Level Consultant
    Current Employee - Platinum Level Consultant

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Independence and ability to work your own career. Very little management oversight. Able to write your own ticket. If you like to work directly with clients and deal one on on, then they will encourage it.

Cons

Your simply a body. There is no mentoring, no career path, no benefit to the long term career minded consultant. The pure consulting arm isn't really sure where they want to grow and rarely can compete with other companies that keep a strong bench.

Have your consultants help drive achievement and direction. They are your ONLY asset. The bench is your responsibility to help

Everybody I worked with from Memphis to Nashville wanted to do as little as possible and the customer is never right.

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will get the best technical training in the POS business. I have had a lot of training and theirs is very thorough. You leave with a sense of Competency. You will always have what you need to suceed, cause the managers monitor everything you do. They are report and numbers driven. You will always know where you stand, so stick to the rules!

Cons

They have too many people who are burned out because they are understaffed. Too much jeolousy among Engineers, only one or two guys I worked with really cared that I succeeded. Very low team participation, minimal and just enough to get by. Everybody feared they were going to downsized or loose pay, very depressing, so I quit after 4 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done.

Everybody feared they were going to be downsized or loose pay, very depressing. Senior Engineers talked negative about the company almost everyday, until you didn't want to be around the guys. They don't follow through on calls and lie about their whereabouts. I even tracked on Engineer who GPS who was supposed to be on call with me, and he was sitting at his house probably watching the Tennessee football game. He lied to me about where he was,so I quit after 6 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done. You should put everybody on probation and make them reapply for their job. The field Engineers out there are ruining your reputation as a global company. You should hire another firm to Outsource the Nashville district to contractors who need to make a living.

FSA was a sold company 10+ years ago. But withered away.....

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

No current Pros. for a long time.

Cons

Company goes through layoff after layoff. From over 500+ down to about 60 in 10 years. No top level management support or business strategy, besides 'just sell'. Poor mid-level management employee support. No HR. Managers are free to manage employees any way they want.

Just shut down.

Great experience working with my colleagues

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Freely and technically, enjoy working

Cons

senior management needs extra focus and attention

Fujitsu Wireless Dvivsion

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and Job security was good

Cons

Due to business conditions and organization not much chance for personal career growth.

Need to grow in some manner the business to create opportunities for personal employee growth

Good place for the right person

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global player in the IT services market, with opportunities to work almost anywhere in the world. Industrial partnerships, and potential for involvement in innovative solutions. Colleagues who are honest, genuine, and talented.

Cons

Upper management is hopelessly out of touch with the people on the front lines. They talk a good game about how their employees are their most important assets - but they do not put their money or their actions where their mouths are. Resource managers are less concerned with the welfare of their charges (the consultants) than with their own best interests, which frequently are in conflict with the best interests of the consultants they are placing.

If your employees are your most valuable asset, treat them that way. Stop talking about it, and start doing it. Give your resource managers incentive to do what's best for the consultants, not what's best for themselves.

As a consultant, there are diverse customers to work with

Current Employee - Platinum Consultant - Business Applications Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a consultant, you get to learn about your customers business and you may change customers every 6 months or 6 years.
    The company is getting about paying for performance

Cons

Bonus program needs some adjustment as it is impacting the rating of some employees who deserve a high rating but the company can't afford to pay bonuses for the pool that achieved or over-achieved their objectives.

Stop talking and start listening to the employees.

Business Development and Strategic Alliances Manager

I worked at Fujitsu part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome brand; well respected in industry.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted and innovate.

Engagement is necessary to growth.

Room for Improvement

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company had big buying power for reduction of costs for benefits.
    Broad spectrum of opportunities to learn and work in different industries

Cons

Sales staff were encouraged to only hit a home-run. So, if your role is supporting a product that does not give a large commission to the sales representative, that segment of Fujitsu's business will slowly fade away.
    Slow to recognize market value for existing employees. So, new hires get brought on at market value, but existing employees do not get an opportunity to have salary increased to market value.

Adjust sales teams to sale specific product lines rather than across a full solution industry (i.e PeopleSoft Sales team should be built, Fujitsu had an ERP sales team). This would allow for continued growth within given supported products, and allow for a larger profit margin for the support team

Great people and good balance of life

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, 401K matching and generally good balance of professional and personal life.

Cons

Long product development cycle, lack of strategic marketing plans for product launch which weaken the ability to compete regionally and globally

Executive Management need to step up and break out of the traditional mentality that business will always be profitable when no changes are made. There needs to be more vision, innovation and thought-leadership.

Fujitsu Photos

Shiodome City Center, where the Fujitsu headquarter offices are located, in Tokyo (Photo attributed to Lombroso - )
Free Coffee