Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews in Richardson, TX

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights
9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very supportive

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsLaid back work environment.
    Management supported employees who wanted to build their skill set and advance.

Conspay was a little on the low side

Too many employee turnover rate

Tier I Desktop Support (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe position is very easy. They offer overtime from time to time.

ConsIt seems they would hire just about anyone off the streets to be in their call center regardless of their experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some quality people

fun

Corporate Account Representative (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

Prosfamily is very important and Fujitsu offers many holidays and vacation days.

ConsHarder for women to be promoted

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FNC Learning to be more than a box vendor

Sales (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsFNC is very technically strong in the areas they focus which is Layer 0 & 1.
    High quality personal
    Focused on the customer
    Ability to learn new customer requirements

ConsThe biggest issue is the same issue you would hear at any large manufacturing company today. Not moving quickly enough to adapt to changes, politics are thick and get in the way of doing the right thing at times. But the biggest issue outside the normal stuff is they are trying to become more than they were in the past but they are using many of the same people. I think this is a failed model.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside the typical group of people and be willing to listen to radical ideas that may require a rethink of the "norm".

Very dissatisfied

Service Desk Tech (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsStarting pay was OK but don't expect more.

ConsI have never been let go after two weeks on the job, however, this company did! This company doesn't give new employees chance to prove themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your training.

The best place to work on earth

Call Manager (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsGreat enviornment. Great benefits, great employers

ConsI dont have any negatives i love my job

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

My experience with the company as a whole was good, but my experience with management was not.

Abercrombe and Fitch POS Support Desk (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe opportunities for advancement seemed very open. My coworkers we smart and competent.

ConsCommunication from management was lacking. When reviews were given to immediate managers from the Quality Assurance department, it would take several weeks for that information to make it to the employees, thus leaving a gap between feedback given and changes to be made. This created a loophole where mistakes were unable to be corrected in a timely fashion thus putting the work of the employee in jeopardy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between the employees and managers is a must. Withholding information from employees when it comes to performance improvement not only hurts the employee's ability to grow but also hurts Fujitsu's reputation with their customer (A&F in this case).

Excellent opportunity in a growing company.

Manager (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsOpportunity to be part of a developing company. Primary focus is in IT services. Can be part of a solution.

ConsNot the employer for an individual that doesn’t welcome lots of change on the road to improvement. Self directed individuals fit best in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Better to overdo it than leave people in the dark or wondering. During periods of change most function better knowing the company’s plans, strategy, successes and challenges.

Beware

Associate Practice Director (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe consultants were good, and great to work with. They can place you into a client, and you can gain a lot of skill very quick. Fujitsu Consulting is a large firm, and if you like to travel, then you can have a placement just about anywhere. If you can attach yourself to a large strategic project, then your resume will look rand. I would leverage Fujitsu Consulting as a place-holder to put onto your resume.

ConsI worked within the MS Practice, and it was managed very poorly. Within the MS Practice there was complete turnover from management. Fujitsu is growing the MS Practice by acquisition, and integrating them poorly. They change the corresponding culture of those firms, into one of staffing, japanese style. In you are on the bench, then you need to be aware. They state that they will keep you on the bench for a period of time, but will only support it based on % budget available to keep people on the bench. The Sr. Management looks at consultants as inventory, rather than people.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for strategic long-term projects, rather than just a staffing person.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!