Fujitsu Services

Updated January 21, 2015
2.9

Fujitsu Services CEO for the UK & Ireland Duncan Tait
Duncan Tait

Pros
  • General work/life balance is good if your in a position to take advantage of remote working (in 11 reviews)

• The work-life balance is good; if you have to be somewhere else then you have that flexability (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Remuneration packages stagnate quickly, pay rises very poor, promotion board very poor (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management is so disorganised that it affects service delivery (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

What I expected from a serious company

Former Employee - IT Service Manager
    Former Employee - IT Service Manager

I worked at Fujitsu Services as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

The relation with the high management was pretty close even being contractors, and we could ask for support at any times.
    Compensation, training budget for contractors as well.

Cons

the negatives of working as a contractor

Soul destroying

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people
    The company could be great
    Lots of offices
    Lots of scope to improve
    Cheap coffee

Cons

The company has no global business model so offerings are all local and sub scale. The Japanese parent is very insular and doesn't understand what is going on outside Japan

With maybe 1 exception the executive team are all long term Fujitsu people who have no idea what a successful IT business looks like

The company is mighty confused about what it is. Tries to do everything but ends up not being market leading at anything

It's main business is low value commodity work such as deskside support

It is hugely political, management spend all their time internally and have no concept of customers being at the centre of the business.

Only just realised that offshore exists

It has no diversity. It's full of grey middle aged men and hardly and ethnic mix at all

Shake up the leadership team with people who know how to run a top class IT services company

Work out what you are famous for

Fix the website. It says it all!

I'm so happy .... Now that I have left !!

Former Employee - Business Opps Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Opps Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people below the senior leadership teams, some talented people but most have left thanks to a impossible business model and an arrogant out of touch CEO

Cons

Low pay, political. It's not what you actually do it's whether you're seen.

Get back to the shop floor, simplify processes and empower people. Get rid of the Tait and Bounds legacy of fear now that he's not here, reduce cost and pay people market rate. Remember money is a de-motivator, people just want to be paid fairly for a fair days work

Not bad but career progression is not great.

Current Employee - Network Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Network Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Variety, you can get to work on some good projects with good technology. Some of the people at Fujitsu are very good. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of pay rise. Below market rate pay. Can be very stressful at times with lack of consideration of the employee.

There should be some incentive to develop and reward the best achievers. I have been stuck in the same position for the last 8 years with little increase in remuneration despite (I think) doing quite a good job. There seems to be little incentive to move forward as there is minimal reward for greater responsibility and the extra hard work. Those that have put in the extra hard work have seen little back which has left them with poor morale and little reason to continue working at that level.

Great people at the work end, but a determination to make everything difficult by the management

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Architect in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Architect in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some great staff in technical roles can make delivery easy. A good flexibility to working from home although this is often an informal agreement. Work is very varied and I'm pretty much in control of my own workload and delivery of it.
    I've had some good mid-level managers who have genuinely seemed to care about how I was doing (as a person as well as at work)

Cons

Top level management and processes seem designed to make implementation of new technologies as painful as possible.
    Company seems to be very focused on London and SE England, if your in one of the northern offices, you can feel out on a limb.
    Appraisal system seems designed to make proving your doing valuable and well respected work difficult, if it doesn't fit into a nice little package.

Push to innovate more and invest in developing good offerings before we try and sell them. Decent pay rises and training would help staff actually feel valued.

Most of the time, it's like a family

Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Varied work, flexible locations, excellent people, flexible benefits, good pension. I've worked at ICL/Fujitsu for over 15 years. I've had the opportunity to choose most of my assignments, and have generally received good support to deliver successful solutions. I think I receive fair remuneration. I particularly like the stars programme, where you can recommend a peer for an award or remuneration, or just a big thank you.

Cons

Sometimes forced to use old technology for too long. No consistent mobile strategy. Examples - Most of the world are embracing IOS and android phones, whereas we tend to go for the cheapest, e.g. Windows. We don't embrace Open Source enough. We need more products in our portfolio.
     There are a few people who still only do the minimum or worse, try and harm the company.

Eat your own dog food - deploy the same enterprise solutions in house as we do for customers.
    Directly sell Fujitsu equipment in the retail sector, get the name Fujitsu, synonymous with quality and value.

Enjoyable but low pay and no prospects

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked in a good team, doing a job I enjoyed, Banter, good place as a step up into another career at a higher paying company such as HP, MS, CGI etc

Cons

No training was provided, Overtime took far to long and to much efford to get paid, No payrises or bonus, rubbish shift cycle, staff shortages and staff overworked and under paid. Higher management dont listen to your views and nobody took an interest in trying to change things. Despite several attempts to move to another role internally these were all blocked or covered up with promises of training which never happened.

Listen to and try to support your staff, if you keep people happy and reward hardwork you might find you dont have so much staff leaving! ( can think of at least 7 staff in my team alone that left or mvoed on!)

Flexible can do company

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good management, good support, people rewarded well who get things done

Cons

Same challenges with working in any large organisation, unless you know the right people you can feel trapped in processes that feel drawn out

Management heavy political top down moribund

Former Employee - Customer Solution Architect in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Solution Architect in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally people friendly and relaxed, there are lots of nice people there.

Cons

There's not enough delegation and rafts of management that get in the way of delivering solutions that are value for money. It's the sort of organisation that can only deal with other, typically large, organisations that have been beaten with the moribund overly political and bureaucratic stick.

read the agile maifesto

Good company to work for, has some of the best brains in the business!

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gives employees the opportunity to grow professionally and supports innovative thinking. Looks after employees and lives up to contractual obligations even if the employee has left the organisation.

Cons

Work life balance and the internal approval processes can be difficult to get through.

Remove some of the hoops that can quash innovation