Fujitsu Services

Updated September 27, 2014
2.6

Fujitsu Services CEO for the UK & Ireland Duncan Tait
Duncan Tait

Pros
  • General work/life balance is good if your in a position to take advantage of remote working (in 10 reviews)

• Great people, Varied work, Long term security, great customer portfolio (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay rises have been a bit on the sparse (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is so disorganised that it affects service delivery (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

69 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Most of the time, it's like a family

Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Architect  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Varied work, flexible locations, excellent people, flexible benefits, good pension. I've worked at ICL/Fujitsu for over 15 years. I've had the opportunity to choose most of my assignments, and have generally received good support to deliver successful solutions. I think I receive fair remuneration. I particularly like the stars programme, where you can recommend a peer for an award or remuneration, or just a big thank you.

Cons

Sometimes forced to use old technology for too long. No consistent mobile strategy. Examples - Most of the world are embracing IOS and android phones, whereas we tend to go for the cheapest, e.g. Windows. We don't embrace Open Source enough. We need more products in our portfolio.
     There are a few people who still only do the minimum or worse, try and harm the company.

Eat your own dog food - deploy the same enterprise solutions in house as we do for customers.
    Directly sell Fujitsu equipment in the retail sector, get the name Fujitsu, synonymous with quality and value.

Enjoyable but low pay and no prospects

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked in a good team, doing a job I enjoyed, Banter, good place as a step up into another career at a higher paying company such as HP, MS, CGI etc

Cons

No training was provided, Overtime took far to long and to much efford to get paid, No payrises or bonus, rubbish shift cycle, staff shortages and staff overworked and under paid. Higher management dont listen to your views and nobody took an interest in trying to change things. Despite several attempts to move to another role internally these were all blocked or covered up with promises of training which never happened.

Listen to and try to support your staff, if you keep people happy and reward hardwork you might find you dont have so much staff leaving! ( can think of at least 7 staff in my team alone that left or mvoed on!)

Flexible can do company

Current Employee - Account Director  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good management, good support, people rewarded well who get things done

Cons

Same challenges with working in any large organisation, unless you know the right people you can feel trapped in processes that feel drawn out

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management heavy political top down moribund

Former Employee - Customer Solution Architect  in  Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Solution Architect in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generally people friendly and relaxed, there are lots of nice people there.

Cons

There's not enough delegation and rafts of management that get in the way of delivering solutions that are value for money. It's the sort of organisation that can only deal with other, typically large, organisations that have been beaten with the moribund overly political and bureaucratic stick.

read the agile maifesto

Good company to work for, has some of the best brains in the business!

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gives employees the opportunity to grow professionally and supports innovative thinking. Looks after employees and lives up to contractual obligations even if the employee has left the organisation.

Cons

Work life balance and the internal approval processes can be difficult to get through.

Remove some of the hoops that can quash innovation

Good company, fantastic example of how to run a well oiled machine

Former Employee - Marketing  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brand is strong, I worked in Marketing and the CMO (Simon Carter) is one of the best leaders I have ever worked for. Having worked in other organisations one thing I have learnt is that whilst no system is perfect, the governance, systems, and approach to running a business is very robust and effective at Fujitsu

Cons

Not competitive salary in market terms.

Pay more and promote from within to retain good staff (And when you promote don't just give 1-2% increase, keep an eye on industry benchmarks).

Poorly run company, buzz words and yes men. Only diversity is with women.

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some fantastic people who have been there long before the current executive management team, who know the business and could run it better than the current leadership team.

Cons

Duncan Tait has left a board I can only say is the B team. Yes men and women who haven't sold anything for years, and covered it up. Unable to think for themselves another Tait legacy. Poor results this year when competitors are posting increasing results. What do you expect with an annuity business...? You actually have to sell in the previous years!!!

Stand up for yourselves. Lead the business and think strategically, you all seem to be worrying about your short term bonus and forgetting you have a business to run with 12,000 people. Don't be frightened to make executive changes. The time is now!!

hard work, no rewards

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician  in  Stevenage, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Stevenage, England (UK)

I worked at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

reasonably close to travel links and friendly people

Cons

Poor management, no pay increases, low pay for hard work, do not listen to their staff, who often know better than they do.

Listen to your staff and action their good ideas! and consider a payrise for those that work hard!

Claim to be people focused, but not in reality

I have been working at Fujitsu Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work, large scale projects in many of the UK top companies. Some real talented people to work alongside. Offer flexible working.

Cons

Senior management team are clueless and continue to reorganise the business on a yearly basis. Too many staff are demotivated and can't manage a decent days work. No interest in rewarding hard working staff, and have a real mentality of paying what they can get away with.

The UK economy is recovering, its now 2014 and not 2008 - stop treating staff as if they should be grateful to have a job. Develop people management skills in-line with what you tell the external market.

Sort out your offerings and develop a decent strategy, you are loosing ground.

A positive experience

I have been working at Fujitsu Services

Pros

Reputable company to work for

Cons

career progression is limited here

Worked for Fujitsu Services? Contribute to the Community!