Fuld & Company

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Leonard Fuld

Employees are really smart and passionate, and the firm has a great opportunity

ProsThe firm is filled with really intelligent people who are very passionate about providing high-quality client work. And, for the most part, it shows because clients are satisfied and usually come back for more than one engagement. Most projects are interesting and enjoyable, as you get to work on a variety of types of projects in different industries. You will learn a lot and have a lot of responsibility from day one.

ConsThe firm has carved out a nice niche for itself, but almost to the point where perception in the marketplace is that it's a small research and consulting shop and nothing more. The firm will never be confused with a McKinsey or Deloitte, but Fuld is trying to be more of a strategic consulting partner for companies and is taking strides to do so. But when you've been doing it one way for a long time, it's tough to break the mold, both internally and perception externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thinking about ways to become more strategic with clients. Just because business comes in doesn't necessarily mean it's a good engagement. Don't be afraid to turn away work if it does align with the company's new direction. The firm has a lot to offer. Make it known that our valuable work and analysis is information clients can't get anywhere else.

A place for self directed

Project Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsDecent place to work if you don't need a lot of oversight. It's a tough business and being flexible and creative is a big help. Once you prove yourself you are left alone to do the work. At the same time, if you get into a jam, you are supported by practice leads.

ConsIf you need direction this is not the place or business for you. In this business you need to be creative and go out and get information. There are not a lot of people who have the time to help unless there is a serious issue (like a pissed client not willing to pay.)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't increase the layers of management, keep it lean. Remain focused on core business.

Still has a strong reputation but managment is lacking. Now foreign owned.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsStrong reputation, Fortune 500 clients

ConsEntrenched management, financially unreliable, revenue/earnings opaque

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out incompetence, keep your financial promises, don't rest on reputation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rather humdrum

Analyst (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsSmart people, considered a leader in its field,

ConsNot a whole lot of mobility

For intelligent and mature people only

Analyst (Current Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Pros+ the company will expose you to several industries and types of projects
    + involvement in business development until execution
    + seamless integration of verticals; people work across teams
    + communication among offices good and healthy
    + competitive environment; those who compete will thrive

Cons- influx of immature employees; should have more stringent recruitment process but this has changed since a lot of immature employees have left the company; should have a more thorough background check
    - no OT pay and lacks flexibility
    - gossiping and backstabbing from new employees who have thankfully left

Advice to Senior Management+ recruitment process should be handled by people with experience determining behavioral aspects because some employees such as those who have reviewed here are not competent at all so they attack people to make them look good
    + eliminate unproductive behavior in the workplace such as immaturity and lack of professionalism; categorize between competent and incompetent people

Best in class

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsI was a part of Fuld for two years prior to my resignation last year. The company I know takes risks on people who have potential and are capable of doing great work. I was directed to this site out of curiosity and seeing some reviews made me a bit sad about the current pool of employees like new Analysts who disregard the fact that since 2011, there has been no incident of unprofessional behavior until they arrived.

I think this company invests in people and it took risks by allowing the Manila office to exist. The people I met are devoted to the work and in my two years, I have seen a strong pool of learners and performers who are focused on doing the work and are interested in working with other people. There are difficult projects that have been made easy because people were supportive of each other.

The Cambridge and London offices have been empowering and they give performers in Manila a lot of chances to prove themselves as future consultants. For the pool that I encountered, tasks are done regardless of complexity or difficulty. The important factor is doing and accomplishing the task in front of them.

From experience, only the best survive. Regardless of what is written here, the best continue to perform well while the worst are often driven out by their own faults.

ConsThe company should strongly evaluate the recruitment process in the Manila office. Speaking from experience, we have hired several employees since 2011 and they have not exhibited whiny and bratty attitude in the workplace so it surprises me that a noisy minority of bitter former employees are dominating the discussion.

Management should strongly consider hiring a more experienced pool of future Analysts and reward performing employees because this has been lacking. Employees who are willing to learn and grow are just out there waiting to be tapped and they deserve the slots obviously more than some of the recent employees who go to a public site to attack a company that has a proven legacy of good and professional work. Separate the wheat from the chaff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify the reason why employees from both verticals have been there for a long time. I felt the need to go because I see my career elsewhere but the experienced employees have a lot to offer and they have withstood the challenges of the acquisition.

Ignore petty and immature behavior because this is counterproductive and disruptive. The people in the Boston and London offices are perfectly capable of identifying who performs well over those who constantly whine and rant about the little things because they cannot talk about their work.

Invest in people and provide more venues for them to be exposed to business development and client management. These are the keys to success.

Horrible Working Environment e in Manila Office

Analyst (Current Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsYou get to learn about different industries, fulfilling once you finish a project

Cons- You don't get to have OT pay
    - no work-life balance, sometimes, you will be required to stay until late midnight because some projects come in late in the day
    - Management has no sense of confidentiality esp HR
    - benefits is only so-so (leave credits will be available upon one year of service)
    - The management does not care about their employees
    - working environment sucks (really), there are people who have extreme superiority complex as if they own the company
    - Gossips are everywhere, people do not respect other people's privacy
    - Giving feedback is not so constructive, management makes fun of people's concerns
    - Management changes rules and not all departments are aware about it. It confuses the employees, really

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, follow the contract, don't make false promises. Let go of those people who create an unhealthy working environment in the office. Seriously, those people will do no good to the company

Consider this a warning

Operations (Former Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsThe training is good and they are flexible when it comes to some needs of the employees. That's about it.

ConsThere is too much gossip and the people, even the management would really bring you down if you are not on their good side. They keep on changing their policies and such changes are even personally targetted, they'll send email blasts and stuff that are meant to humiliate people. There are no additional benefits like bonuses, they just give you your basic pay and free water in the office. Other than that, they give you a bad mood. Just read the other reviews. They all speak of truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust close down your cost centers that bring your company cost and a bad reputation. You know what i mean Leny.

Manila office sucks

Analyst (Current Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsNew learnings in every project accomplished

Cons- No OT pay
    - inconsistent HR dept. Whenever they implement a new rule, the members of the HR team have their own interpretation of the rule. Their explanation varies
    - Most employees, especially the old ones, are backstabbers. They resist the new employees.
    - After telling our concerns to the upper management, they labelled it as silly and funny
    - Upper management has favoritism. Politics is very high
    - Improper allocation of tasks/projects
    - no work-life balance
    - no growth in the office
    - upper management hires people not based on skills but based on connection (if the country manager knows you, then 90% of the time, you're hired)
    - no benefits at all
    - leave credits apply after 1 yr of service
    - no sense of confidentiality. HR lets ordinary employees to check applicants' exams
    - Most employees do not respect others' privacy. They usually use your PC without permission then use your social media accts to post unnecessary stuff

Advice to Senior ManagementHear the concerns of all your employees

Working environment is very unpleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsManagement is flexible on hours.
    You get to work with clients from the Fortune 500.

ConsThe management is always changing policies without properly disseminating information.
    No leave credits (vacation or sick leaves) until one year of employment.
    OT without pay.
    Some employees and people from the management are backstabbers and are into gossips. Some employees snoop around other employees things. Some even use other employees' computer without their permission. The culture and environment is really unpleasant and disturbing. It's no wonder why people don't usually last long because they can't stand the environment. Only the same-minded people stay.

Worked for Fuld & Company? Contribute to the Community!