Full Sail Real World Education

Be The First To
Add Photos

Full Sail Real World Education President Garry Jones

Garry Jones

Amazing People, amazing place, sorry I left!

Associate Course Director (Former Employee)
Winter Park, FL

ProsWork Life satisfaction.
Great people.
Top notch and current equipment.

ConsUpper management is in it for the long haul, takes time to move up.

Good for just out of school work but not long hall.

Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee)
Winter Park, FL

I worked at Full Sail Real World Education full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people I worked with were awesome. We were all about the same age (mid to late 20's) so it was easy for us to get along. After many meetings morale would drop but within an hour or so of speaking to everyone we'd ease back into working together. They trained us as new hires (actually trained us, not just a video), which is so far the best introduction to a position I've had. I'd say about half of the manager's there are there for the employees. Unfortunately this means they wast e a lot of time arguing with the other half about what's more important, people/students or money. Also, Garry is a genuinely good guy.

ConsThere's no real structure, after you are put live you're pretty much left with an outdated system. Trying to change something basically means talking to 6 manager's for months and getting a "we'll work on it", with not much action. There is a lot of talk about working in a team but when you speak out to other departments about improvement some manager's feel like you've gone around them and take issue with it. Lastly, and I've touched on this already, many of the upper management seems disconnected from what actually is involved in their employees positions. Many times we'd have meetings where a manager would tell us how our job was performed only to have an outburst from many employees who couldn't believe how far off the manager actually was. This led to low morale many times (at least once a month to be more precise, usually the week before a start). Fortunately, the people actually doing the job with you are good people and are able to lean on each other in these times to get the job done. (Good for employee to employee connections, bad for employee to management).

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. If you are planning on working as a team trust your employees enough to tell them the truth about where your school/department is headed and the changes that are being made. They can help in these changes and are very willing to. Also, promote people who deserve promoting and who will be best at the job, not just people who you get along with.

Fun place to work

Admissions (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Full Sail Real World Education full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to move up within the company based on your skill not all the fluff on your resume

ConsEverything is done there way. You feel like a robot.

Staff is friendly and very Creative.

Intern (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Full Sail Real World Education part-time for less than a year

ProsIt's an environment where you constantly learn new things.

ConsIssues tend to take a long time to get solved. Sometimes even Months.

Advice to Senior ManagementFaster resolve would help.

Worked for Full Sail Real World Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Full Sail Real World Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Full Sail Real World Education CEO Garry Jones. All reviews posted anonymously by Full Sail Real World Education employees.