Full Sail University Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
129 reviews filtered by

1. Interesting place but....

Current Employee - Financial Aid
    Current Employee - Financial Aid

I have been working at Full Sail University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people who work there are wonderful. Granted this place can be like a real life game of thrones at times but that can happen in any work place. There was always an event going on and meetings where usually quite relaxed. Most of the management in my department where happy to make time or set up meetings to discuss any questions you had.

Cons

The amount of sexual harassment I got is quite appalling for a professional environment. I had one manager in particular always trying to get me alone or put his hand on me in some way. Also pay your employees more. I'm not saying a few dollars more I mean the national average of around 35k or higher. Its rather embarrassing that people have worked here for 12 -15 years and are finally making the average of what a regular college professional makes in their first year. Also your insurance is ridiculous, for a family of 4 you would pay 600 a month in insurance, where your salary is only 27k that's about half your paycheck just to insurance. That doesn't include dental or vision which would add another 100 a month. Pretty sad really for a company to do that to its employees.

Don't tell people in a large meeting, with the entire department, your going to implement a new system that will make them obsolete and then say your not going to do any lay offs only to lay off a good portion of those people the next day. Also when it comes to training for the job don't relay on what your trainers tell you rather look to the staff that have been working there for countless years they know the ropes way better then the trainers.

2. great work place

I worked at Full Sail University

Pros

the pay is amazing and you get great benefits. The team is really cool to work with too

Cons

team sometimes gets confusing by being switched too much.

Should not switch management too much

Mediocre at best

I worked at Full Sail University full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great people. They love the students and their dreams. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Admissions Representative is a fancy word for Sales Associate, It feels like smoke and mirrors. The school is a business and its all about the bottom line which is fine, but communicate that. Must work 2 weekends a month. No sales Incentive to sell more, but you must hit crazy numbers regardless.

A sales job is a sales job. Call it like it is.

5. Fantastic company, more like a family environment

I worked at Full Sail University

Pros

They do little things to keep their employees feeling happy. Very nice company to work for

Cons

Company not doing so well, just had a huge layoff - over 100 people. And we lost our benefits the day after being laid off.

Students get the most bang for their buck!

I worked at Full Sail University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment for being able to do freelance work and stay on top of your game.

Cons

Poor Administration and management in the film department.

Spend some time in the classroom and stay current with education instead of trying to get yourself promoted.

Enjoyed working with the other employees, however, the people at the bottom REALLY NEED TO EXPRESS how things don't work

Former Employee - Financial Aid
    Former Employee - Financial Aid

I worked at Full Sail University

Pros

I enjoyed working with the talented people in each department.

Cons

Education and the business office, most specifically, financial aid- seems to have too many grey areas.

Listen to the subordinates for the actual experiences the students have-in EVERY department.

8. Best Job I Ever Had!

I worked at Full Sail University

Pros

The atmosphere and the culture. There is always something to learn, with constant change makes this place a wonderful place to work.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism. I also feel they could change the promotion policy,and pay more attention to detail when it comes to promoting within.

9. They definitely take care of you.

Current Employee - Enrollment Guide in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Guide in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Full Sail University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of perks, Gift Days during the Holidays, up to 50% off tuition

Cons

High Tuition rate, Not enough interaction with students

10. A Great 5 Year Plan

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Full Sail University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great entry-level positions without a lot of room for growth if you network. Generally positive and creative work environment.

Cons

After about 5 years you hit a ceiling, once you reach management position it's hard to increase your salary but you will take on more work without an increase. They really know how to work people to the bone.

I would advise more progressive management hiring practices outside of nepotism, mutual friendship, etc. Who are the producers and who actually manage well?

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Course Director
    Current Employee - Course Director

I have been working at Full Sail University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are really smart and dedicated. Also, the salary is good for what you do.

Cons

Sometimes there is not a lot of input requested from faculty. Although this allows for change to occur rapidly, the change might not be for the better.

Perhaps, at times, be more transparent.

Full Sail University Photos