Full Sail University

Full Sail University Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Full Sail University President Garry Jones

Garry Jones

Pros
  • Not to mention the work environment is very stress-free (in 6 reviews)

• Full Sail offers a very casual atmosphere in terms of dress code, adherence to a timeclock, and monitoring the execution of one's tasks (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management only cares about bottom line dollar amounts (in 5 reviews)

• The pay is low and the cubicles are small (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing and the best ever

Lab Monitor (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAwesome environment to work in and have fun

Consnothing comes to mind when I can think of a con

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Great work culture but it's all about POLITICS

Designated School Official (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsOne of my favorite things about working here was the "down-to-earth" culture. Most employees were great to work with and the students are very passionate; making it very fulfilling to help them achiever their educational goals.

ConsManagement is terrible. Very corporate-like environment where it's all about numbers. Management is very "clique-ish" which I feel is incredibly inappropriate for a place of business. The workplace shouldn't be a hangout spot. If you aren't part of the clique or can't find a way "in", good luck moving up. Also, pay is embarassing. This school makes A TON OF MONEY. Why aren't employees compensated properly? It's actually quite despicable. Lots of sleeping around with managers/employees, employees/employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the cliques. Reward employees who are loyal and excel in their position. Develop the employees with potential or the ones who show that they want to move up into a leadership position.

Not a career driven company

ProsGreat work environment. People are awesome and truly a pleasure to work with.

ConsManagement is very weak. Underpaid, overworked and no recognition.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsNotable school, easy to get students interested in programs and possibly enrolling in campus. The culture is great

ConsTypical issues with management, very much a corporate environment at times with politics always mixed in. There's a fine line between business and friendship.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people, employees are not just numbers that can be replaced. Reward the people that are contributing to the stability of the campus as a whole and bringing in tuition.

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsCasual, great working environment, excellent management

ConsPay is sub par compared to other organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to think big.

It's alright, but I'd rather look elsewhere

Associate Course Director (Current Employee)

ProsDress code varies depending on your department, but mine have been pretty casual, which I love.
    We have two days where we get to work from home, so this helps me save on gas money.
    Annual Holiday parties are fun. Gives everyone a chance to dress up and get free food and drinks.
    Walking around and inside the buildings is very inspiring if you are into the entertainment industry.

ConsWorking overtime (with no compensation) is expected if you want the maximum raise in my department.
    Raises used to be 5% max and then reduced to 3% max.
    Changes happen suddenly that affects the ability to keep up with your job duties.
    Very slim chance for advancement unless you know someone or are a "yes" man.
    Management could use improvement. Too much focus on systems and structure.
    If you have social networking accounts, students might find you, so privacy settings have to be monitored.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the instructors down there in the trenches working with the students. And show us that you really value your employees other than just throwing a party during the holidays. Improve compensation and hire managers that will be leaders.

Takes true dedication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to be around like minded people. Some very passionate students and faculty. Open to flexibility and understand that the employees will have other interests in life. Some of the leadership really want their employees to succeed and thrive.

ConsCan be very political. Some of the students go there as a last resort and do not really understand what the Entertainment Industry is about. Lots of entitlement...I paid you now do what I want. Lack of upward mobility. Some of the leadership is focused only on their own career and growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Stop rolling out new programs that cannibalize from already established programs.

Really good, well organized

ProsMeet a lot of industry professionals.

ConsHectic hours and schedules. Their hours are crazy in every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove their workspace and cafeteria.

Not focusing in on the real issues

Manager (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsChristmas Party, Hall Of Fame, some leaders

ConsCompensation for experienced staff (not as a new hire), Management Structure, Communication, Budgeting

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a better management structure throughout the whole organization, share the wealth with other teams

Great company culture but low pay

Campus Enrollment Guide (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsCompany values, world class costumer service to their students. Continuous employee training

ConsLow pay due to large number of employees. Job similar to call center, no interpersonal interaction.

Worked for Full Sail University? Contribute to the Community!