Fullscreen

Be The First To
Add Photos

George Strompolos

Growth

ProsWorking at Fullscreen, I’m surrounded by smart, dedicated, passionate, and collaborative group of individuals; who are always willing to take risks and learn from one another.

ConsCurrently I don't have any cons..

Ostensibly a great place to work, but very different once you're on the inside

Pros- friendly people
    - decent perks
    - great work-from-home policy
    - fun work environment

Cons- lack of true leadership
    - poor growth opportunities
    - disorganized
    - nonexistent mentorship

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so top-down and understand from a ground level what people do and where the pain-points are - and then fix them. And provide mentorship, way more mentorship.

Good place for first job

Culver City, CA

Pros- great location
    - great benefits
    - nice office space
    - Georges seems to be a great CEO

ConsFrom an R&D standpoint:
    - VPE has hard time making and communicating decisions
    - teams led by inexperienced directors who possess little to no technical background
    - lots of DOA projects
    - random software development methodologies
    - low focus on quality
    - no career path, no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let amateurs layoff people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to get your foot in the door.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working with the people at Fullscreen. Everyone worked hard and was very passionate about what they did.

ConsUpper management is not on the same page with each other. When there are disagreements, confusion trickles down to the employees. Since it is a startup environment, most of the employees have the "run with it and see what happens" attitude so it worked... half the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to focus on a few products instead of chasing the next shiny new object. With a clear goal, I believe that the senior and junior teams can work more efficiently and effectively.

Was a great startup turned rude talent agency.

Culver City, CA

ProsGood people, good perks, good location.

ConsBad leadership and management. Lack of communication is downward spiraling the company and losing some very talented people.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-assess leaders. Communicate goals and objectives (on a regular basis) for growth and betterment of staff and work environment.

Accelerated Growth and a Lack of Focus result in crappy culture and declining quality of life.

ProsFellow employees are generally nice and work hard. People are passionate about what they do, and there is room for growth within the company.

ConsCompany could definitely use focus and organization. Lots of potential with way too much time spent spinning wheels and wild goose chases. As a result, everyone's moving in different direction, which creates multiple cliques and sub-companies within the larger organization (Sales, Network Development, Talent Management, Network Operations, etc.). Not conducive to a strong company culture.

Fast growth acceleration has also resulted in some questionable hiring decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose the 2-3 things you think are company strengths and move in that direction 110%. You can't be all things to all people.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Young, unprofessional company

(Former Employee)

ProsFantastic CEO. George is as nice as they come and has a level head with a great vision. He has created a very innovative and market responsive company. Complimentary lunch on Fridays were very appreciated.

ConsUnfortunately, George has hired some very egotistical executives who seem to be drunk with power due to the quick success of the company. I hope he becomes aware of this soon and brings his executive staff down to earth or hire people more like himself. Extremely poor and unethical management of the Network Development team.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of growing as fast as you can, it is vitally important that you lay a strong foundation for sustainable, long lasting growth. Take better care of your employees, provide adequate training, and instill positive standards of practice for management. Be careful of burning out your employees and jerking them around in so many directions.

Awesome, cutting edge tech company transforming YouTube

Partner Manager (Current Employee)
    Culver City, CA

ProsTremendous growth and a lot of opportunity.

ConsTremendous growth. Once it slows down and the dust settles it wont be a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime will fix everything.

Innovative company led by great people.

Partner Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsFullscreen is on the forefront of the YouTube revolution. The work environment is extremely fast-paced and typically very exciting. We work with thousands of creators, big talent and some major brands. Everybody works hard here. The CEO and upper management are legit.

ConsIt's a startup, so things feel a little chaotic at times. If you can't handle that type of atmosphere you could get frustrated here. People work long hours although there are no set hours. We're currently in a small office but that is changing soon I think, so it should be ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, there should be a middle management layer. The junior employees need a little more direction.

Great place to start for a career in YouTube or marketing.

Partner Manager (Former Employee)
    Culver City, CA

ProsThe CEO and higher up people here are pretty lenient as long as you work hard. The CEO treats people like its a a big group of friends. That's the feel I got from working here. As long as you work hard, people won't heckle you and you definitely have fun.

ConsBetter be okay with letting this job take most of your time. Most days you will be working for 10 hours, from 9am-7pm. Doesn't sound too bad but if you are an artist trying to do something on the side, it does get tiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is still kind of in its beginnings. Probably can appoint 1-2 to make operations smoother, more efficient. I believe partner managers should go through a different process during the beginning, (get more familiar with the YouTube platform, and have a crash course on competing networks) but in the end they all learn similar things.

Worked for Fullscreen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fullscreen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fullscreen CEO George Strompolos. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Fullscreen employees.