Fulton County District Attorney's Office

Fulton County District Attorney's Office Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amazing legal talent, terrible management

Assistant District Attorney (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat access to the court room, an amazing first job for an attorney looking to obtain real world experience. Some of the best trial attorneys I have ever had the privilege to work with.

ConsManagement is elected and better at politics than law. The office is run by a career politician and the office is run like a campaign HQ rather than a DA's office. Everything is politically motivated and attorneys have little to no discretion in their daily activities.

The Fulton County DA's Office is a great place to work if you are motivated and a self-starter; not for the uninspired.

Investigator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat coworkers with a wide range of skills and personalities.

ConsToo many people whose work-ethic is "that ain't my job."

Advice to Senior ManagementSeparate the "wheat" from the "chaff"; there are too many people who ride the clock.

this is the worst place I have ever worked in my life

Senior District Attorney (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits, flexibility at times, favortism if you happen to be one of the D.A.'s pets which is not based on performance, but being a blind company person. Highest paying prosecutor's office in state, if not the country.

ConsHorrible management. Management has little or no trial experience. If you looked up micro-management in dictionary the D.A.'s picture would be underneath it. There is no training, reviews or mentoring. The caseload is inhumane without any support or relief. To add insult to injury you cannot dispose of cases without passing an act from Congress. Everyone but the blind "pets" is looking to get paroled from this place. Those who are making six figures hate it as well, but wear the golden handcuffs, so they are stuck as well. Once the job market and economy improve there will be an ever bigger exodus. Turn over rate is already ridiculous, people chose unemployment and huge paycuts over this "hell on earth".

Advice to Senior ManagementFind other jobs and let new management with energy, experience and vision lead this office. Trust your ada's to do their jobs. Train and treat them well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working here is hell on earth

Assistant District Attorney (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPaycheck
    Health Insurance
    401(k)
    Experience in a fast-paced environment handling a heavy caseload with barely enough time to prepare

ConsMicromanagement
    Raises almost impossible to come by unless you are a favorite of the District Attorney
    Unrealistic expectations
    No prosecutorial discretion WHATSOEVER

Advice to Senior ManagementThis system is broken. It needs a complete overhaul. Give the attorneys some discretion to handle their cases, instead of having to always seek the approval of their supervisor!

Worked for Fulton County District Attorney's Office? Contribute to the Community!