Fulton Financial Reviews

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014

3.2

Fulton Financial Chairman, President, and CEO R. Scott Smith Jr.
R. Scott Smith Jr.

homely

Current Employee - Floating Teller  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Floating Teller in York, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are very interested in you as a person, not just a worker drone. Competitive pay and benefits. Lovely working environment.

Cons

The cons in any sort of customer based services are of course the customers, some times. We have a mostly older customer base and a lot of them are awnry.

Don't Work Here!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You gain experience in different aspects of banking

Cons

If you have a complaint there, there are no resolutions. Every complaint is brushed under the table by Management and Human Resources. This company cares nothing for their employees. The compensation that you receive is said to be competitive, but trust me it is not. I was an employee for several years and I was good at my job yet every year on my review they scored me low so they did not have to give a raise. I am not the only one this happened to. I was told to lie to customers. If you want to believe in the company you work for don't work for Fulton!!!

Train Upper Management and Human Resources to handle complaints by Employees. Care about the people that work for you and they will intern work hard for you. Don't lie and cheat customers because honestly I would never bank at any of your banks and I will tell everyone and every customer everything I know about this company. If you compensate your employees fairly your so called "lean" process will improve because your employees will know they are valued.

It's all about who you know...

I have been working at Fulton Financial

Pros

I love my direct manager and my staff. My manager has given me the tools to succeed.

Cons

Upper management is not supportive. No room for growth, stagnant atmosphere. Annual raises are pennies for those who work really hard, and there's no reward.

Be more in tune with the "temperature" of your employees. Compensate your employees accordingly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Critical thinkers with good work ethic need not apply...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial for more than 5 years

Pros

generous paid time off, ease of moving among departments within the corporation, tuition reimbursement (with subsequent time commitment required), senior executives very approachable, low turnover, especially for those who have never worked elsewhere.

Cons

Management, even at the senior level are generally unqualified and entitled. Some management have been there so long, some since fresh out of undergrad college, that there is a significant resistance to change and new ideas. Closed-minded, inexperienced outside of Fulton, management. There are many employees who are higher educated and have more outside, broad experience who will struggle with advancement since middle management has it made and would struggle to find anything outside of this company, hence why turnover is low. If it affects the bottom line, even if it is correct and generates long term improvement, it is a no-go. Don't think out of the box here, that may involve time and money. It's not about quality of work, it's about how quickly you can get it done. Pay is ok, but not comparable to industry competitors.

Stay connected to business units and know where your corporate risks lie. The regulators do. Stagnant management equals mediocre work and product.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Colleagues make or break the experience
    - exposure to full functioning of department
    - Regular training available to employees
    As an intern I did not get as broad of an exposure to the company as an entry-level professional within the rotational program so this perspective is limited in that sense. These are general observations.

Cons

- Very little room for growth professionally
    - Removed from senior management
    - repetitive work
    - lack of ambition in atmosphere

Improve visibility and initiate merit-based growth opportunities within departments

Satisfied

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Fulton Financial

Pros

Employee benefits, understanding management with work life balance

Cons

Growth potential, great benefits offset by below market salaries

Positive, relaxed and flexible

Current Employee - Teller  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial

Pros

My experience has been great at Fulton. I work with a team of family members not just co-workers. I have excellent flexibility and supervisors.

Cons

I wish that I could be paid better because I have a degree.

Better pay to those with degree...

I love my job, but I'm skeptical of career opportunity.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial

Pros

The people are wonderful and the hours and schedule are both very favorable. Both regional and company wide mamnagement are both very personable and don't seem to be affected by their positions. The company remains customer and community oriented despite growth and expansion along the eastern seaboard,

Cons

The pay is in the lower eschelon of the industry which is very unfortunate. The financial industry as a whole is very "what have you done for me lately" which can turn a stellar tenure with a few bad days into a negative review which is both physically and mentally taxing.

Try to get a handle on who an employee is by more than there yearly review, as looking only at that can lead to the promotion of consistantly adequate employees rather than exceptional employees with one or two larger mistakes.

Always looking for outside talent

I have been working at Fulton Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, friendly employees, education reimbursement

Cons

Very limited career advancement, management looks at outside candidates prior to internal candidates for most positions, low salaries compared to other mid-sized banks, work-life balance depends on your department

Foster the talent you have and train to advance

Hurt Employee

I worked at Fulton Financial

Pros

Great while on Medical leave

Cons

Need stronger HR Representatives NJ better policies need to be put into place

Worked for Fulton Financial? Contribute to the Community!