Fulton Financial

www.fult.com

Fulton Financial Reviews

Updated Feb 19, 2014
Fulton Financial – US – “building”

Fulton Financial Chairman, President, and CEO R. Scott Smith Jr.

R. Scott Smith Jr.

homely

Floating Teller (Current Employee) York, PA

ProsThey are very interested in you as a person, not just a worker drone. Competitive pay and benefits. Lovely working environment.

ConsThe cons in any sort of customer based services are of course the customers, some times. We have a mostly older customer base and a lot of them are awnry.

It's all about who you know...

ProsI love my direct manager and my staff. My manager has given me the tools to succeed.

ConsUpper management is not supportive. No room for growth, stagnant atmosphere. Annual raises are pennies for those who work really hard, and there's no reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more in tune with the "temperature" of your employees. Compensate your employees accordingly.

Critical thinkers with good work ethic need not apply...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

Prosgenerous paid time off, ease of moving among departments within the corporation, tuition reimbursement (with subsequent time commitment required), senior executives very approachable, low turnover, especially for those who have never worked elsewhere.

ConsManagement, even at the senior level are generally unqualified and entitled. Some management have been there so long, some since fresh out of undergrad college, that there is a significant resistance to change and new ideas. Closed-minded, inexperienced outside of Fulton, management. There are many employees who are higher educated and have more outside, broad experience who will struggle with advancement since middle management has it made and would struggle to find anything outside of this company, hence why turnover is low. If it affects the bottom line, even if it is correct and generates long term improvement, it is a no-go. Don't think out of the box here, that may involve time and money. It's not about quality of work, it's about how quickly you can get it done. Pay is ok, but not comparable to industry competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to business units and know where your corporate risks lie. The regulators do. Stagnant management equals mediocre work and product.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

Pros- Colleagues make or break the experience
    - exposure to full functioning of department
    - Regular training available to employees
    As an intern I did not get as broad of an exposure to the company as an entry-level professional within the rotational program so this perspective is limited in that sense. These are general observations.

Cons- Very little room for growth professionally
    - Removed from senior management
    - repetitive work
    - lack of ambition in atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove visibility and initiate merit-based growth opportunities within departments

Satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsEmployee benefits, understanding management with work life balance

ConsGrowth potential, great benefits offset by below market salaries

Positive, relaxed and flexible

Teller (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsMy experience has been great at Fulton. I work with a team of family members not just co-workers. I have excellent flexibility and supervisors.

ConsI wish that I could be paid better because I have a degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay to those with degree...

I love my job, but I'm skeptical of career opportunity.

Teller (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsThe people are wonderful and the hours and schedule are both very favorable. Both regional and company wide mamnagement are both very personable and don't seem to be affected by their positions. The company remains customer and community oriented despite growth and expansion along the eastern seaboard,

ConsThe pay is in the lower eschelon of the industry which is very unfortunate. The financial industry as a whole is very "what have you done for me lately" which can turn a stellar tenure with a few bad days into a negative review which is both physically and mentally taxing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get a handle on who an employee is by more than there yearly review, as looking only at that can lead to the promotion of consistantly adequate employees rather than exceptional employees with one or two larger mistakes.

Always looking for outside talent

ProsGood benefits, friendly employees, education reimbursement

ConsVery limited career advancement, management looks at outside candidates prior to internal candidates for most positions, low salaries compared to other mid-sized banks, work-life balance depends on your department

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster the talent you have and train to advance

Hurt Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat while on Medical leave

ConsNeed stronger HR Representatives NJ better policies need to be put into place

Relationship Officer dealing sales of personal loan,auto loan,credit card,LG,WPS

Relationship Officer (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly environment,Peace of mind

Constough selling,products are a market competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementMake policies and Products market competitive

Worked for Fulton Financial? Contribute to the Community!