Fundserv Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
CEO

1. Great place to advance your career!

I worked at Fundserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at FundSERV for 3 years, and let me tell you I've never met such dedicated and passionate individuals, who are also very team-oriented. People aren't just great, they are also very supportive and amazing to work with. My manager would always make sure I had a room to grow, by adding more responsibilities to my role, which made it unique in a lot of ways.
    Also great bonuses and benefits!

Cons

Too many meetings... they should establish a 1 day no meeting day

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Great company to work for – great values!

I have been working at Fundserv

Pros

Work-life balance – we have flexible work hours and ability to work from home.
    Very socially responsible – we’re given time off work to participate in various charities (JDRF ride, Food bank, Blue Water and also have a say in which charities we choose to support. The company also has a matching program for any donations I make.
    Perks of a smaller organization – I’m able to work with different departments and interact with all levels, including the CEO.

Cons

Drawbacks of a smaller organization – as the teams are smaller, there are fewer opportunities for advancement.
    Very fitness focused – company has many fitness related events. Participation is not mandatory, but running club, fitness competitions, etc. often take place. I hope you like to stay fit.

Advice to Management

Be on the same team - more collaboration.
    The senior management team has improved significantly. Keep up the good work!

3. Seriously Lost

I have been working at Fundserv

Pros

There are now tons of social events, learning opportunities and charitable pushes. If you like partying instead of actually doing work, this is the place for you. You can literally work for 2 hours a week and it will not be noticed in some departments.

Cons

The pros listed above were all put in to place to address a serious cultural and accountability issue. These still remain, and the lack of accountability has gotten worse. The projects developed internally are fiascos. The projects outsourced to other developers don't work. Management either have ridiculously high expectations for some departments - to the point you can't take a vacation - or very low expectations - to the point you are on vacation.

Advice to Management

The industry doesn't benefit from our parties, they benefit from good products. What is the point of this company?

5. People are great

I worked at Fundserv full-time

Pros

Management is quite poor, to the point of absurdity.
    The people are generally nice (this is perhaps thanks to having the shared burden of working under awful management).
    Very stable. For non-management types, you can expect to work here a long time if you are competent and don't rock the boat.

Cons

Quite technologically backward.
    Many technical decisions are made/vetoed by people with no real understanding of all the issues.
    Project management is basically a coordination team with no real PM'g involved.

6. Run!

I have been working at Fundserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay you with real money
    Everything is a failure here so your own failures will not stand out
    The people are nice enough

Cons

The money isn't worth it. Every project is a disaster that results in corporate infighting, frustration and disappointment. We've spent numerous years and millions of dollars on a new product that only has two clients (because we bribed them to join)

Advice to Management

Quit trying to make working here like working at a startup by providing useless perks. At a startup, you can't afford to carry dead weight and people are motivated by working with talented people. You clearly don't understand where your talent is and where the dummies are.

7. They need to work things out

I worked at Fundserv full-time

Pros

The people are nice and the location is great. They have an appreciation for work life balance and try to set up many social activities. The training is ok but people are happy to help if you have a question.

Cons

There is a serious project and management issue. New product or update development is excruciating due to poor planning and management infighting. As a result, few projects are successful and those who do succeed are almost exclusively updates to existing products. Managers are in a constant power struggle and projects get caught in the middle. It's demoralizing to work so hard for something you know will be a failure.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to make the projects more successful.

8. Great place to work in

Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Fundserv

Pros

The people at FundSERV were great.
    Pay was at par with the industry
    Work at home policy was great.

Cons

Room for growth was limited
    More employer funded social events

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. Only good for entry level

I worked at Fundserv

Pros

Good for entry level, gain good industry experience

Cons

Caree advancement is limited as the company is small.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees, don't pretend.

RSS Feed </> Embed