Fundtech

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Reuven Ben Menachem

A lot of change in progress, but definitely for the better.

Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fundtech full-time

ProsFinally looks like there is management with a clue. Hopefully this group doesn't bail! Some of the new people are bringing some new ideas.

ConsStill a bit understaffed. Still some bad apples still linger around from the old days and don't really contribute. Interesting to see what decisions are pending.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the ground and spend some money to improve the organization.

Software Developer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fundtech

ProsWorked with some interesting technologies

ConsEmployee moral is extremly low, from BA's, developers, team leads, etc.. Everyone is grumpy. Everyone is fighting against eachother. Very Toxic! Also, 40 hr work weeks are not the norm. Expect to work 60+ hr a week.

Senior Management Squeezing the Life out of Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fundtech full-time

ProsThere are long term employees who are passionate about being there. Very hard working teams

ConsThe management does not value hardwork and experience. Keeps changing the company strategy without backing it up with proper people and system infrastructure. Lots of new management has been brought in, but no effort to retain quality employees with long-standing experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are given less and less reasons to stay. You have provided too many "words" about how "great" the company can be but you have not provided the backing to support those words. Slamming in new infrastructure CRM and accounting systems without gathering requirements up front. Changing the company org without the people to flll the roles, offering no career growth, or salary increases for even those who are excellent. Set your strategy, make sure the infrastructure is there and then stand by your decisions. Be more open and honest with employees at all levels and in all offices.

Horrible,

I have been working at Fundtech

ProsNone, would not work here if had a choice

ConsToo many to list in one sentence.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get some Management skills

stable company but stressful

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fundtech full-time for more than a year

Proscompany is stable and product is exciting. there are really smart and hardworking people around

Consstressful working env. crazy release schedule. a lot of weekend and extra day work.

Stay Away unless you like 60+ hour work weeks

I have been working at Fundtech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary is competitive. But if you convert to hourly, then not so much. Many hard working employees.

ConsUnrealistic deadlines. After merger the work staff is so low that everyone is expected to work days, nights, and weekends. In the IT department, everyone is expected to work 60+ hours per week. If you have to work all night, you are expected to continue through the business day.

After the merger the staffing was cut way back and only the best were retained. Now during performance reviews, they want to rate those that are still here on a bell curve.

Stay away unless your idea of a quality life style is giving everything you have to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff up to the point that everyone can work a normal work week.

Quality Assurance

Quality Assurance (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fundtech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork Life balance. Not much stress. No Over time

ConsGrowth opportunities for an individual. Learning is stagnant

Employees are Under Valued

Manager (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fundtech full-time

ProsOnly good thing is the casual work attire

ConsPay is below average and rasies are almost never given
Nothing is done in the office to boost moral like company parites or get togethers
Office itself is depressing no windows and everyone is on top of eachother

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are what make your company - if they don't say nice things about you why would customers. If you are good to employees they will be good to you.

Understaffed, work you to death

Technology (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fundtech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay is fair. Good benefits. Good opportunities for advancement.

ConsEvery dept is understaffed. Since GTCR bought Fundtech and merged them with Bankserv, they have cut huge numbers of staff. They seem to have some crazy idea they can force good customer service while working their employees to death. They are going downhill fast. I've been at the company for more than 5 years and I have seen significant decrease in employee satisfaction since the merger. They will continue to work their people to death until all the good people leave and their customers will be dropping them because of the poor service.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you can't provide good service when you're understaffed. Wake up.

Tough but Fair

Burlington, MA

I have been working at Fundtech

ProsSerious competitor with established successful track record in a challenging business context.
Decent benefits package (Cigna health insurance, Guardian dental, VSP vision).
Excellent opportunities for recognition and advancement.
Fair treatment of employees (training, productivity expectations, comp time, etc.).

ConsProject timetables often very challenging, leading sometimes to a need for late nights and weekend work.
Inadquate salary increases over last few years.
Telecommuting policy is outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease investment in and options presented to employees, especially in terms of flexible working arrangements, consistent annual salary increases, increased emphasis on internal technical training.

Worked for Fundtech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fundtech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fundtech CEO Reuven Ben Menachem. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Fundtech employees.