Fusion-io Reviews

Reset
4.0
Fusion-io Co-Founder, President and CEO Sanjay Mehrotra
Sanjay Mehrotra

Pros
  • Free lunch, relaxing work environment (in 19 reviews)

• The company tries hard to make the work environment enjoyable with things like free lunch every day (assuming you aren't a field employee) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Post-IPO growing pains building a great company (in 10 reviews)

• Product direction and focus had been very lacking, but it seems like the new management is shaking that up, we'll see if it changes anything (in 4 reviews)

1. Fusion-io Shows How to Bring Disruptive Technology to Market

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Ability to interact with peers who are best of breed professionals -- this is a true team effort and I've met some amazing people.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to get everything done -- this place is on fire!

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. During the worst economy since the great depression, we are on a rocketsled.

2. Excellent opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great working environment Smart colleagues to learn from Chance to be with one of the "great" companies before public offering Many opportunities for advancement

Cons

High pressure to produce may not suit everyone Utah location slightly off the beaten track, may not have many local alternatives for job change

Advice to Management

Management should be more visible at lower levels, sharing strategic business plans and inviting input. Accounting systems need improvement to streamline work.

3. It's great to be part of a company that's changing the world.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Autonomy and lunches twice a week! Management, for the most part, hires competent people and then trusts them to do their jobs and do them well.

Cons

Don't expect to be trained.....be ready to hit the ground sprinting. I feel tremendous amounts of respect coming from the top down.

Advice to Management

All in all management does a great job.

5. Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very engineering focused, we are well taken care of and encouraged to work together, there are yearly engineering summits that are held so we can all meet up and share what we are working on.

Cons

The company is growing super fast, so it's hard to know how you are helping at first.

Advice to Management

None really, you could handle bringing in new people better and have more documentation, but that could be said for most companies, especially companies this young.

6. Exciting, enthusiastic!

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, atmosphere and morale! The company is just exploding so it is a fun place to be. People are excited and they treat you VERY well.

Cons

They don't have a 401k plan. I haven't been here too long but I'm hoping that I will be able to move around but I'm not sure if that is a possibility

7. Swarming with activity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks are nice: Killer espresso machine. Soda fountain. Lunch twice a week. Mixers and team events. MacBooks, Yoga, bagels. The majority of the office crew enjoy socializing and collaborating to make it a better place.

Cons

There's still plenty to be done before taking over the entire datacenter..

Advice to Management

The energy and passion displayed by the senior executive team is uplifting. True professionals!

8. Outstanding

Current Employee - Senior Director, Global Sales & Executive Recruiting in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Great Technology. HUGE potential. Bright future. Solid compensation plan.

Cons

Poor reputation in the market because of MGMT turnover and stock price drop over past 12 months

9. This company is exciting, full of passion and a excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous people and product. Our hallways are filled with great leaders, and people who are excellent at what they do. The corporate offices are class A office space. The companies products are re-sold by IBM, DELL and HP. Big customers include Facebook and Apple. Steve Wozniak is an employee.

Cons

Turbulent stock price. Which sometimes actually is a benefit when it comes to our Employee Stock Purchase Program.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and designing great products.

10. sales-ops

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food every day. Good perks. Laid back environment

Cons

none that I can think of

11. Fun High tech company

Pros

Working at this company is like working at a swanky website in the mid 90's. They have more money than they know what to do with, so they make work life awesome. Free lunch every day, monthly(ish) beer bashes, better than competitive salaries, high class facilities, and anything you ask for you get. The whole place buzzes with an air of success. The company was founded by a bunch of engineers, so if you are in r&d they treat you especially well.

Cons

Like working at a swanky website in the mid 90's, all of us that understand the market realize the days of plenty are numbered. For a while it will still be fun, but when flash becomes a commodity, or a new standard interface comes out that supports flash better than sata, the company is going to be hard pressed to compete.

RSS Feed </> Embed