FusionStorm

Updated January 10, 2015
Updated January 10, 2015
2.6

Daniel R. Serpico

It's all about what you make it to be.

I worked at FusionStorm full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Unlimited opportunities .. if you take advantage of them. For the right kind of person who is self-motivated and independent, you can learn a lot and do very well, probably much more than at other similar companies. Definitely not for everyone, but that is also a strength.

Cons

You have to fend for yourself, don't expect too much help, depending on your position and manager. It's kind of like the wild, wild west (hey, it's a VAR) but for the right kind of person you can do very well. If the nickname "con-Fusionstorm" scares you, then it may not be not for you. Go work someplace safe and easy.

Think outside the box. Don't be afraid to hire really smart and motivated people and let them succeed or fail. Watch your business ethics... it matters. Invest in people who can deliver.

In denial

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I have been working at FusionStorm

Pros

None. No benefits, no recogition

Cons

Consider yourself useless if you are not sales. I do understand that sales is usually considered the elite but seriously let's not ignore the considerable effort by everyone to keep the company functioning.

Therapy

Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, Great people. Best technologies.

Cons

Pay could be slightly higher.

Awesome

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want a company where you work hard and are rewarded for hard work, this is the place. Nt only does my boss support me, he recognizes the work I do. I got invited to Club Trip and I am not even in Sales. Most recently, the company started a promotion where they bought all employees a fitbit. Way cool.

Cons

I really don't have any - keep up upgrading the employee base. Its a win - win

keep up the good work on benefits
    401K match great

Great People!

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Lansing, MI

I worked at FusionStorm as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great company if you want the thrill of working under time pressure

Cons

Tends to lose projects over competitors

On verge of leaving like everyone else

I have been working at FusionStorm

Pros

Some good co workers but the good ones are looking to leave or have left. If you are here more than 2 years there is something wrong with you or you are a comfort zone. The company was lucky during the recession but now that things have picked up there is a mass exodus going on.

Cons

There is no soul to this place. Senior management are useless and don't know how to run a business. The company has way too much debt and no cash to invest in new technology or its people. To get by it has had to sell a couple of divisions in the last five years. Outlook is very bad. All they care about is billings, billings. billings. They have no understanding of the importance of cash flow and customer service. There are no / minimal bonuses and benefits suck. There is a 10% co-insurance on your medical bills so I ended up dishing out about $10,000 on top of $6,000 in payroll deductions last year. It all comes back to the company living day to day with no cash. I wouldn't be surprised to come in some day and the doors willl be locked.

I would think the owner really needs to get rid of the executive team and start over or else sell up. The problem is that the executive team and senior managers are all connected from college or past working relationships so will never be fired. Company has no future as a result. The good people get out before they become polluted and part of the culture.

Challenging place to work.

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is good but can be better for the long hours you will put in. I work with a great group of people.

Cons

Lack of tools and resources to do your job efficiently. Lack of training but is getting somewhat better, slowly.

Invest in your employees on all levels

Avoid Fusionstorm

I have been working at FusionStorm

Pros

Pro and Fusionstorm is an Oxymoron. Five star reviews on this site are weird..."got a fitbit", "they just started a a 401k match"...heavy stuff.

Cons

Negative reviews on this site are pretty much spot on. Fusionstorm is not a good place to work.

Here are the top 5 Questions to ask at your interview:
    1. Ask to see the company's financial statements for the last three or four years. Ask a friend who knows financials well if they would join this company based on the review. I think not....
    2. Ask to see the company org chart for each of the last three years. You will see that staff turnover is ridiculous. Reach out to former staff for their opinion...
    3. Ask to see the company's strategic plan. You might not want to hold your breath. It is the reason the company has not grown with any significance outside California in the last 15 years.
    4. Ask about what training the company provides. Talk to former and current employees about how they have grown.
    5. Ask and review lawsuits the company has been involved in over the last five years. This will be the nail on the coffin.

Be honest with employees when they ask the above. They will find out soon after they join anyway and leave right after.

They don't call it CON-FUSIONSTORM for nothing!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Option to work from home if you live far from HQ/office & flexible with requesting PTO.

Cons

A lot of the negative reviews on here are pretty spot on. Management NEEDS A LOT of work. If you're not in Sales you won't progress here so please think about it before you take a job offer. Very little guidance and training for employees- they pretty much expect you to be mind readers. Lots of last min do's and don'ts. The company has no structure and no formality AT ALL. They don't care to invest in proper software tools and mainly depend on excel spreadsheets (what a joke!). If management has an issue with you they will speak poorly behind your back to your peers and not set up formal meetings to discuss with you directly (very immature). This place is congested with people who are connected from previous jobs or is cousins of cousins so it feels like high school. Some of the employees have never worked a desk job in their life but landed a job here because they know someone. So don't expect to be surrounded by intelligent smart people. No policies, no leadership, and no work-life balance. Management will also take credit for your work so be very carful, they're sneaky!

Please please take management courses if you continue to manage others. Learn to be positive leaders for the sake of the company. They're a lot competitors out there so don't depend on one big account to keep you afloat because at the rate your senior and executive teams are performing will only bring the company more down than it already is.

A great place to work

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, tons of flexibility, awesome solutions. The logos that we service are incredible and it is a pleasure to call Fusionstorm home. The talent that surrounds you keeps you on your toes and drives you to perform everyday. Constantly reinventing the solutions we are selling...amazing place to work

Cons

We need more cash to pay our bills on time...but what VAR doesn't.

keep up the good work.
    clearly define how to attain presidents club (subjective selection by your manager is difficult to work towards)

FusionStorm Photos