FusionStorm Reviews

Daniel R. Serpico

Awesome

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want a company where you work hard and are rewarded for hard work, this is the place. Nt only does my boss support me, he recognizes the work I do. I got invited to Club Trip and I am not even in Sales. Most recently, the company started a promotion where they bought all employees a fitbit. Way cool.

Cons

I really don't have any - keep up upgrading the employee base. Its a win - win

keep up the good work on benefits
    401K match great

Great People!

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Lansing, MI

I worked at FusionStorm as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great company if you want the thrill of working under time pressure

Cons

Tends to lose projects over competitors

Challenging place to work.

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is good but can be better for the long hours you will put in. I work with a great group of people.

Cons

Lack of tools and resources to do your job efficiently. Lack of training but is getting somewhat better, slowly.

Invest in your employees on all levels

Avoid Fusionstorm

I have been working at FusionStorm

Pros

Pro and Fusionstorm is an Oxymoron. Five star reviews on this site are weird..."got a fitbit", "they just started a a 401k match"...heavy stuff.

Cons

Negative reviews on this site are pretty much spot on. Fusionstorm is not a good place to work.

Here are the top 5 Questions to ask at your interview:
    1. Ask to see the company's financial statements for the last three or four years. Ask a friend who knows financials well if they would join this company based on the review. I think not....
    2. Ask to see the company org chart for each of the last three years. You will see that staff turnover is ridiculous. Reach out to former staff for their opinion...
    3. Ask to see the company's strategic plan. You might not want to hold your breath. It is the reason the company has not grown with any significance outside California in the last 15 years.
    4. Ask about what training the company provides. Talk to former and current employees about how they have grown.
    5. Ask and review lawsuits the company has been involved in over the last five years. This will be the nail on the coffin.

Be honest with employees when they ask the above. They will find out soon after they join anyway and leave right after.

They don't call it CON-FUSIONSTORM for nothing!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Option to work from home if you live far from HQ/office & flexible with requesting PTO.

Cons

A lot of the negative reviews on here are pretty spot on. Management NEEDS A LOT of work. If you're not in Sales you won't progress here so please think about it before you take a job offer. Very little guidance and training for employees- they pretty much expect you to be mind readers. Lots of last min do's and don'ts. The company has no structure and no formality AT ALL. They don't care to invest in proper software tools and mainly depend on excel spreadsheets (what a joke!). If management has an issue with you they will speak poorly behind your back to your peers and not set up formal meetings to discuss with you directly (very immature). This place is congested with people who are connected from previous jobs or is cousins of cousins so it feels like high school. Some of the employees have never worked a desk job in their life but landed a job here because they know someone. So don't expect to be surrounded by intelligent smart people. No policies, no leadership, and no work-life balance. Management will also take credit for your work so be very carful, they're sneaky!

Please please take management courses if you continue to manage others. Learn to be positive leaders for the sake of the company. They're a lot competitors out there so don't depend on one big account to keep you afloat because at the rate your senior and executive teams are performing will only bring the company more down than it already is.

A great place to work

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, tons of flexibility, awesome solutions. The logos that we service are incredible and it is a pleasure to call Fusionstorm home. The talent that surrounds you keeps you on your toes and drives you to perform everyday. Constantly reinventing the solutions we are selling...amazing place to work

Cons

We need more cash to pay our bills on time...but what VAR doesn't.

keep up the good work.
    clearly define how to attain presidents club (subjective selection by your manager is difficult to work towards)

Poor Management. A bad place to be.

I have been working at FusionStorm

Pros

Nothing to say. Just a real tough place to be if you are not in sales. Sales people are treated like royalty - crazy benefits and perks. The company is a VAR and all about flipping products, nothing more - no assets, patents etc. Essentially it relies on three or four account executives and a couple of large clients, nothing more.

Cons

I consider the Leadership Team incompetent. There is no appreciation of non-sales staff. We "overhead" are seen as a drain on the business. There is no focus on training - the only training course I took in the last two years that was offered by Management was a one hour online course on hostile management. This was a result of complaints against a certain members of the Executive Team who seem to think screaming at people and banging tables gets things done. Of course the same people kept their jobs and continue their behavior despite many complaints.

Staff turnover outside sales is rampant as there is no appreciation. Finance, Marketing etc. are jut really tough places. If you are not in sales you are nothing. Bonuses are outside your control and there are no formal annual salary increases. I (and the rest of my co-workers) have only had one small 2% increase in the last three years and no bonus worth mentioning. At the same time, you see new Mercedes' being bought by the Executive Team and junkets to the Caribbean for the sales team. Very demoralizing.

The company is really struggling financially. Ask to see the Financial Statements if you are considering joining as it is really bad. Reach out to current and past staff for their opinion. It's bad - long hours, broken systems, hostile environment, no appreciation, poor benefits, company heavy in debt. I could go on and on.

Nothing - I have no respect for the Executive Team. Management are only interested in selling not growing the company. The company has been performing so badly though they are having and will continue to have problems doing this. I see either a bankruptcy or sale in the next two years. I just hope they at least give a couple months severance to the support staff. I somehow doubt it though.

Great Opportunity for Growth

I have been working at FusionStorm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

FusionStorm offers a great opportunity for growth and challenges to help get you to the next level of your career. They have put a strong focus on the employee's well-being, health, adding a 401k match program, and work/life balance as well as reaching out to communities to support charities. It is great to see the efforts made this year to show value in the employees with family events and supporting an employee's involvement in the community. Over the years, there have been many changes but with these changes, there have been many improvements. I love the work I do and the opportunity to work with amazing, talented people.

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect with executive team at times. It is a strong executive team, each with a lot to offer, but if they work together better, they will lead by example, which then creates a domino effect down the reporting structure.

The executive and management team should maintain their focus on investing in their assets - the employees and be involved in the appreciation and awareness of how we all fit into the organization and are a part of the bigger picture. It would be nice to see them more open to change, self-awareness on how decisions they make can affect the overall outlook of the company and support the enforcement of policies and procedures to keep things running smoothly.

Your typical VAR environment

I worked at FusionStorm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, decent pay if you know how to negotiate. If you're a self-starter and don't desire much leadership or career planning it's a good place for you. Lots of possibilities if you're willing to make the effort. Management is very hands off which is a good and bad thing.

Cons

It's a VAR - all about margin. No real IP or differentiating offerings - just HW/SW sales and some professional services. Great for self motivated sales people - you run your own book of business. Not a great environment for support, back of house people - not much room for advancement.

Focus on the bigger picture beyond just the numbers. Reign in the sales people and hold them accountable for lack of performance. Create a real vision for the company and give the employees something to believe in, marching orders. Pushing profits up by x percent is not as motivating as you may want to believe.

Run away fast

Former Employee - Pre Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Pre Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at FusionStorm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hire quickly and pay well. There is a lot if energy until you don't agree with the direction of management.

Cons

Job will change within first few days. I went from sales engineer to product manager in 2 day. Worked there a week. Mass exodus occurring now.

Need better direction and play on strengths. Not fool hearty projects.

FusionStorm Photos