Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Peter H. Grose, PE

A good place to work and grow

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Manchester, CT

I have been working at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

ProsFuss & O'Neill is a relatively large, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that has managed to keep most of it's small company feel. They have a very active employee committee that organizes a of host of extra-curricular activities. The variety of projects allow engineers to explore different interest areas.

ConsLocated in Manchester, CT; not an ideal location!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to trim overhead so that we are more price-competitive with our competition.

Poorly managed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood group of people to work with for the most part, and the management does allow for good social interaction with your coworkers. The office environment was generally well furnished and technology was kept up to date.

ConsManagement is unwilling to pay the employees what they're worth despite billing rates higher than their competitors. Benefits are also behind competitors with no 401k match, no bonuses for most employees, and minimal profit sharing.

A good place to practice engineering... And getting better!

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Manchester, CT

I have been working at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

ProsFuss & O'Neill is large enough to be truly multi-disciplinary, yet small enough to feel like a family. The firm is active in a broad range of project types. This keeps things from getting boring and monotonous. Individuals with the right skills and potential to handle more advance quickly.

There is a core of forward-thinking executives that are really pushing to make Fuss & O'Neill a leader in sustainability. If there ideas are adopted, the firm will be well positioned for the future.

ConsThe firm has made several strategic acquisitions in the last few years. There have been some growing pains as these new entities are brought on board. There is a real danger that they will soon hit a "tipping point" and become a Dilbert-esque bureaucracy. Compensation is only average.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's O.K. to jettison the ballast. Sometimes the most compassionate thing you can do for an under-performer is cut them free rather than allow them to wallow in mediocrity.

Worked for Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. CEO Peter H. Grose, PE. All reviews posted anonymously by Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. employees.