Futrend Technology Reviews

Yvonne Zhou

1. Great place for a public-sector consultant

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff Flexible working arrangements Good career progression

Cons

Salaries are not the highest in the regional industry

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of growing the company organically. Remember that contractors are almost always motivated by pay and to keep salaries competitive. Also remember that your boots-on-the-ground PMs know the customer needs best.

Business Analyst

Pros

They offer a nice gym subsidy.

Cons

The company ( read CEO and President) truly doesn't care for its employees. The yea that I worked at Futrend I saw about 10 people leave the company. There is absolutely no work life balance, no goal management, or pay structure. I've watched the CEO hire multiple people at a pay level. And the President ( his wife) not agree and later reduce the salaries by he President who is basically everyone's direct manager has no Forman training in HR practices. She governs the business as if she had replaceable indentured servants. My advice to anyone is to Run Run Run! If u need a gig for a few months until you find something else. This is the place to be.

Advice to Management

You can't honesty believe that everyone who leaves the company is a "bad apple". What does that say about your hiring skills. If you really want to know how bad people dislike your company. Count the amount of people that give 2 weeks notice. People usually give that when they are leaving on favorable conditions for another opportunity. During my tenure not one person gave that notice. It speaks volumes.

Revolving door, morale is terrible!

I worked at Futrend Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're working directly for a client, Futrend is an ok place to work. As long as you are changing to an account, they'll pretty much leave you alone.

Cons

The CEO and President are a husband wife duo. Beware!! Expect to be micromanaged and to be treated like a number during the industrial revolution. You'll be expected to "clock in and out". The President wears the pants in the relationship, she rules with an iron fist. She lacks empathy, professionalism and truly should not be interacting with the client. A narcissist through and through. If you're a "yes ma'am", Futrend is for you. If you have ideas and or opinions that do not align with hers, you'll be on the chopping block. As a result of her dictatorship tactics everyone is paranoid and fearful. Turnover is incredibly high, there is a constant "changing of the guards" which makes it very difficult to have any long term structure. Family/Work life balance is terrible. Long hours are very common and will consume you. Casual Friday is non existent, the CEO allowed jeans on Fridays for the Rockville office, the President found out about the change, undermined his authority and changed the policy. The list can go on and on, you get the point, STAY AWAY!!

Advice to Management

You're always saying that your employees are your most valuable asset. For once, try practicing what you preach. Invest in your employees. Morale in the company stinks yet you do nothing to change it. You continue to demoralize and dictate at will. Remember, employees don't leave companies, they leave terrible leaders.

Lack of transparency, accountability, and opportunity for growth.

I worked at Futrend Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gym subsidy was nice. I was personally paid well, however found out some people were SEVERELY under paid

Cons

Extremely high turnover... Around 8 people quit one project in a two month time frame. Not to mention the several other people who quit on other projects. No transparency or trust among employees or between management and staff, lots of "whispering in the hallway" so to speak. Unfair compensation structure, some people were wildly underpaid to perform tasks similar to their counterparts. Management has serious issues managing client expectations which ultimately turns into unfair and unecessary pressure on employees. Leadership has a totalitarian "do as I say" mentality. Diversity of thought or opinion is often met with contention. The promise of mobility, upward or lateral, is simply a farce. Terrible employee review process, I was there for a year and despite my efforts could never get firm goals established; guess what that means come review time 0_o Poor documentation processes/best practices (if they even have any). SIDE-NOTE: I'm honestly surprised by the reviews. I wasn't going to add one because I didn't want to be seen as "bitter". I learned a lot about the importance of company culture and managing upward (even when you shouldn't have to) while at Futrend. However, I don't want anyone to be mislead by what are clearly inflated or planted reviews.

Advice to Management

Specifically to the owners because middle management is reacting specifically to your "management style": Managing by fear will not get you very far. Relax, trust your people a bit more and stop treating them like captive animals. Actually listen to your employees when they come to you with suggestions or concerns. I actually worked with some great people at Futrend whose hands were simply tied in many situations by totalitarian beauracracy and red tape. Last, do some self-reflection and analaysis...people are leaving at such a quick pace for a reason. Despite what you may think there is a culture flaw, and people will only tolerate it for so long.

A great place to work!

Pros

A cutting edge company that cares about its employees. Wants employees to grow and provides career path planning to assist with this growth. Provides high quality solutions to customers and clients. Great work/life balance. Benefits are better than typical industry standards.

Cons

Company has a few high pressure projects that are challenging, but rewarding. Performance evaluations can be based on arbitrary and subjective criteria.

7. A company that values people, sometimes over profit

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time

Pros

I feel that the executives truly value me as an individual and know me on a personal level. There is plenty of room for advancement. The only thing you need is talent and ambition. The benefits and compensation are more then competitive. I enjoy the people I work with and near. We do great work!

Cons

Sometimes you have to put in extra effort. It comes with the territory. It's how you remain successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees. It is a refreshing outlook that is appreciated

8. Professional, yet comfortable

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Values employees, and has only growth and opportunities in sight

Cons

It's learning as it grows (and growing rapidly)

9. A good environment to learn.

Current Employee - Applications Development Intern in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Applications Development Intern in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice, and helpful. Laid back, but hardworking atmosphere. I've learned a lot while I have been here. I've had the opportunity to work on a variety of different, and interesting things.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Not much upside

Pros

Good values; good employees

Cons

No much room for growth; company isn't progressive and forward thinking.

The company truly values it's people

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time

Pros

Small business feel where you know everyone.

Cons

Owners can be too involved.

RSS Feed </> Embed