Future Electronics

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Miller

Pros
  • Strong technical team across the board makes it an excellent place to learn and excel(in 4 reviews)

• Stable job, room to grow, overall great people and senior leadership(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • not flexible at all, micro management, crazy amount of work(in 8 reviews)

• Senior management gives no direction and they don't communicate very well(in 6 reviews)

Future

Product Marketing (Former Employee) Egham, England (UK)

ProsPlenty of opportunity for the right candidates and endless training.

ConsNot too many to complain about

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the systems and know what the troops are doing all day long.

Life altering

Several Over Many Years (Former Employee) Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

ProsEndless learning potential. Opportunity for career building and changing within one building.
    Some of the best friends you'll ever have will work here.

ConsUpper management tends to be quite dreadful and most have had their souls removed. Having said that; some of the best and worst times of my life took place there. You have to make Future your experience and always remember, take as much from the experience as you can. Use it all to your advantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo far gone. Being that high up; you've no choice really in order to stay there.

Prosgood atmosphere. overall it is a good company. Nice people to work with. Senior are very very helpful. Very good rating is what I give.

Consrigid. Still overall it is a good company. Nice people to work with. Senior are very very helpful. Very good rating is what I give.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waaay too much backstabbing, nepotism, cronyism, unprofessionalism, unethical conduct and legal gray zone navigating.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou will definitely meet competent, professional and occasionally brilliant individuals. Too bad they don't last long.

ConsWhere to begin? This is a wholly-privately owned corporation. Forget about any protection (through shareholder/public oversight) that you may expect from a properly-run publically-traded company. Paranoia reigns supreme and there are VPs and senior VPs that have only cronyism to thank for their positions, as most of them exercise what would be considered certainly unethical and borderline illegal behaviour in their day-to-day dealings.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They are broken beyond repair.

A very special company with a very special culture

ProsA lot of opportunties to grow and develop if you are in one of the main centres. Your ideas can be implemented and made global within a relatively short time if they are good.

ConsLack of trust to employees, horrible back stabbing politics. If you are in sales, advancement possibilities are very limited if you aren't in one of the three regional HQs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook a lot more at what people actually do and not at what they tell you they do.

A typical, impersonal 21st century employer featuring a mixture of competent and incompetent management.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

ProsAn island of English speakers amidst an ocean of French. Multi-unit organization, with branches in over 150 countries. You will meet competent and interesting individuals. Some opportunities for growth, but reserved for cronies.

ConsThere is no avoiding the politics. You are either "with us, or against us". Cronyism and nepotism run rampant. Consequently, management, including senior management is populated by paranoid, spineless, back-stabbing, often-incompetent sycophants who will suck the life out of any competent, ethical individual. Unethical and dubious business practices have resulted in ongoing attrition and the outright defections of strategic partners and suppliers. A revolving door of misery. Two stars allocated only due to the calibre of some of its workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. You are broken toys.

Great people great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork life balance, opportunities to transfer within company.

ConsPolitics, working hours not flexible.

Definitely a learning experience both professionally and personally.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of room to learn and grow through the on-site training sessions and invaluable personnel.

ConsOverly micro-managed. For those who don't require it, this can be a hindrance. Too much time is spent on reporting instead of putting the energy where it's needed - in the field with the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your people better as was done in the past. Return to a more personalized service structure within the company to embolden a sense of ownership.

Worst experience in my career

Product Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsYou can gain some experience and have access to free gym

ConsNo flexibility
    Gossip
    Back stabbing
    No leadership
    No direction
    Micromanagement
    Only 5 days for sick or personal days that have to be earned every month
    Everybody punches in to count every minute you work
    40 hrs per week
    8:30am to 5:30 pm schedule
    Horrible management
    Sweatshop
    Prison like culture

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be humane

Not so great company

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Proscafeteria. I guess that's it

Conslow salary, everyone works from 8:30 to 5:30...not flexible at all, micro management, crazy amount of work

Worked for Future Electronics? Contribute to the Community!