Future Electronics

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Miller

Pros:
  • "Strong technical team across the board makes it an excellent place to learn and excel"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Stable job, room to grow, overall great people and senior leadership"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "not flexible at all, micro management, crazy amount of work"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior management gives no direction and they don't communicate very well"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Do not invest in people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCanadian company to work with a good trade mindset. For Europe the UK headquarters have a good office. Very nice people working all around the world.

ConsDefinitely company have no interest in developing people to improve their skills and train new skills. Just a milk cow mindset to the employees to get what they maximum can get from them without investing in them and increase their capabilities. This is extreme in small country offices but still visible in HQ with high throughput of employees that leave in few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people for long term employments.

Good place to work with extremely bright technical people

Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsStrong technical team across the board makes it an excellent place to learn and excel. Structured and efficient design flow makes it easy to learn and perform.

ConsSome GMs and GSMs are not the strongest and customer penetration sometimes is more difficult than it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou got the best technical team but you don't push performance hard enough. We can be doing that much better. Don't be affraid to shake things up.

Fantastic Culture, Colleagues, Learning Experience, and an Overall Great Opportunity

Bangalore (India)

ProsAn incredible culture and great group of people to be around.

ConsNeed to be able to move FAST! and be self-directed

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify backoffice operations for Engineering personnel

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unique working environment and friendly culture

Advanced Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsPeople here are very friendly, and have a big believe in the vision of the organization. The level of experience and professionalism for majority of employees is high and you are always learning on the job and professional supplier training modules. A ton of training.....maybe be too much.

ConsEven though they preach about having work-life balance, it sometimes difficult to with the amount of work needed.

World class company and above average compensation

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat people. Future has their fingers in almost every electronic based customer. If there is a circuit board in the product, you can assume Future is their supplier. Working for this company opens up opportunities beyond those available with other employers. Systematic work environment, good management, and great team culture.

ConsHard to manage all the supplier relationships when our focus is selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen rewarding people, please make sure to rank-and-file people appropriately although there has been a huge improvement in the last year or so.

Nice advancement opportunities

Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsStable job, room to grow, overall great people and senior leadership

ConsSlow work flow at times and resistance to some changes

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop methods to recognize non Marketing, Sales, and Engineering positions. Can be tough though due to less objective available metrics

They try hard but fail hard

Product Marketer (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat extras at the head office: gym, cafeteria, good opportunities for training , a good range of discounts for services and shops, free coffee and tea.
    Great people, good place for networking
    It's a good place to start your career and gain experience

ConsThey don't recognize hard workers, they can take advantage of good intentions. Some managers can be very severe and hard to please, tend to micro-manage. There is a lack of respect for lower level positions and elevations are rampant. They don't have much concern for their employees' satisfaction, it even seems like they'd rather have people quit than fire the bad apples.
    You get very little benefit for seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees have great ideas on how to improve things but management don't project openness to listen. They should spend more time on their good employees and less on the bad ones. They need to show more recognition for the people who are actually doing good work.

Daily Life

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat cafe, free gym, great people

ConsHaving to clock in and out makes you feel like you are working in a factory

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many layers of management makes decision making very difficult. D'ont be afraid to empower your employees and let them make decisions

A company with a strong culture, Challenging work environment

Managing Director (Former Employee)
    Breda (Netherlands)

ProsEmployees with an extreme drive to perform.
    Becaase of autonomous growth strategy, one world wide corporate culture.

ConsCentrally lead and controlled. Reduces organizational learning

Good bridge employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood place to start a career, mainly fresh graduates to taste what a boot camp mean....

ConsThe company has excellent young people that have the potential to excel in their jobs and have a great career, but management doesn't know how to hold on to these guys.

Advice to Senior ManagementFuture is like a super race car, it has everything to make it win the championship except a good driver... Need to train new drivers to stay competitive

Worked for Future Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Future Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Future Electronics CEO Robert Miller. All 87 reviews posted anonymously by Future Electronics employees.