Future Electronics Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Laughable Management

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Can't keep a strong line card. Management has a broker mindset.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't hear if you spoke. Their heads are too far........

Why does Future keep losing lines?????

Former Employee - SAM
    Former Employee - SAM

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is hard to think of any, but building relationship's with co-workers

Cons

Where to start?? No direction from upper management Sell lines where upper management has most stock in Weak line card, losing major lines left and right Bad image with in the industry Lack of experience with managers Everyone is out for themselves, no TEAM concept what so ever Marketing has no idea how to quote a customer, they just try get their GP with out communicating with other marketer's. Meaning they quote by line, not total package. Sales knows our customer's has we interact everyday with them. To marketer's they are just a number. The quote high and try and get last look on everything is a joke. You know what you're winning business at, so just quote that price. Our competition INS team can see what they are winning business at and losing business at and quote according. They Also, do it FAST. There are at least 10 different promo's going at one time, how can you keep up with that? Not enough selling tool's for the field to help sell to customer's. Everyone just wants a BOM to quote, just a waist a time. I bet our success rate is below 20% on each quote. Can think of a market where Future is at least 20% of the DTAM in that market. A lot of people have never worked at another disty, so they think the Future way is the only way. If you poll the people, I bet most would say they are here for a pay check and waiting for something to change to get a little passion back in the company. I can't count how many times I have walked into a customer walk in with bad news that someone messed up and your order was shipped to another customer. When a customer say's to you.. What does your INS rep do??? They have someone quote for them, Someone enter orders, Someone expedite for them, and I am just finding out the day my order was to ship that's it not.. How do you answer that???? Stop training on how great future is, and start training on sending open order reports, crossing parts, how to do a qbr in front of a customer, how customer's business models work what they are looking for, how supply chain works (TAC), I'm sure 75% of the people have no idea what TAC means and how it works. Give the GM the power to make a decision on the spot, it's embarrassing when you have to walk out of a meeting and say, I will check on that for you. Maybe if you had a true P&L for each branch and paid the GM's off that, you would see Free shipping drop, expenses go down, RMA's slow up. GM's would pick the right customer's and get the right people working for them if it was hitting their pocket. Oh yeah, Pay them off GP dollars and watch the GP inch upward.

Advice to Management

You better change the moral of this company, as you know people are starting to leave left and right and just bad mouthing Future with everyone. Future's Image is know as a big broker in the industry and we all know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. The company is great success story, and Robert is true success story. I would hate to see this all go away over stupid little internal changes that can be made to boost moral and get passion back in the people. Think about it.. When someone leaves the company, you're starting at square one again, a CEO once told me, when you switch a sales person on a account, you can take 30% of your business and throw it out the window. Your competition is all over..

Future Electronics was a wonderful company to work for

Former Employee - Division Manager/Regional Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Division Manager/Regional Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Future taught a different was of servicing the customer that at the time was unique in the Electronic Distribution Field. The owner (Robert Miller) cared passionatley about his people and the customers Future served.

Cons

The cons weren't with the company as much as they were with the fast pace of the nature of the industry. Anytime you are selling or providing a service that is different than everyone else, there is always a stress point until you understand the program.

Salary discrimination - women make less then men

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relationships with customers Fun challenge to find solutions for customers

Cons

- Salary discrimination - women make less for same work - Non-compete - Once you are there you cannot just move to a competitor - local or not - for more money. - Branch office - relatively no room for local advancement. Would need to move to corporate HQ in Montreal. Need to be fluent in French to work in Montreal.

Advice to Management

Provide equal pay for equal work. Encourage flexwork

sales former employee soso not

Current Employee - Marketing in Bolton, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bolton, MA

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced always busy,good training program

Cons

low pay, high pressure, long hours

Advice to Management

pay more

it's a job, better than nothing

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time

Pros

large distributor, good technical resources

Cons

dictator/big brother type corporate culture with micromanagement

8. These past 10 years have been a great growing experience. There are many different ways to grow here.

Current Employee - Advanced Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of different options for growth.

Cons

Long hours, super high interupt rate, but all good practice for self-training.

Advice to Management

Keep engineers by more consistant messaging, simpler and clearer metrics.

No communication from management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolton, MA

Pros

Easy commute. Cafeteria and gym on site. Free parking. Young work staff. Working with other HQ in Quebec and US/oversea affiliates.

Cons

Senior management gives no direction and they don't communicate very well. No compensation for working overtime, which is expected from accounting staff. Office politics.

Advice to Management

Management needs to lighten up and let workers think outside the box. Raises should be based on merit. Casual attire would be nice.

10. great place to work

Current Employee - Product Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in San Jose, CA

Pros

carreer advancement, great senior Managers, can voice your opinion

Cons

long work hours but it is worth it

Advice to Management

keep working with lower level employess to improve there carreers

Future Electronics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great training in business, great opportunity to develop your own customer relations and test sales techniques. Good IT and business systems.

Cons

No room for advancement, Disposable attitude from Senior management towards the field sales group. Top down information flow no comments from field are tolerated.

Advice to Management

Either praise the field for their diligent work or migrate to an internet sales model.

RSS Feed </> Embed