Future Electronics

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Miller

Pros
  • Strong technical team across the board makes it an excellent place to learn and excel (in 4 reviews)

• Stable job, room to grow, overall great people and senior leadership (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • not flexible at all, micro management, crazy amount of work (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management gives no direction and they don't communicate very well (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Beware of the positive reviews you read for this company

Engineer (Current Employee) Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

ProsGym , free coffee , some benefits ( although expensive) , a few personal days

ConsLow salaries,no chance for growth,micro management,little respect for employees,loyalty means nada here

Advice to Senior ManagementMost are psychopaths..hopeless to advise

Lots of fake reviews here...I basically wasted 3 years there.... they took never gave back.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat gym, café, perks....annual review was spot on, but meant nothing.

ConsReviews about pushing you to do 60 hours a week are real. The weak are sold by advancement and fall into the trap. Good work doesn't mean a promotion and a promotion doesn't mean more money. Your just a number! No family life, 2 of my co-workers are getting divorced because of continuous long hours. Their kids were suffering too. They try and make the atmosphere compelling to attract the young and inexperienced.

Advice to Senior Managementchange management. Miller needs to retire or sell out.

Working at Future is Awesome!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSo many products to see and wall-to-wall smart and motivated people.

ConsHyperactive organisation. Can be exhausting at month-end - but very rewarding!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant internal competition with other business units. Little reward.

Marketer (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGym and Cafeteria in building.

ConsPeer pressure to work over lunch at your desk. Daily measurement against Margin and Sales with unrealistic targets and small rewards. Micro management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn modern motivation techniques. Set real targets and pay everyone the same for hitting them. Don't keep it secret.

Good company with excellent opportunity for training and development

Global Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood company that will expose you to bright and talented colleagues, interesting client engagements, and various types of training for professional development. The company has a good culture and promotes sound core values.

ConsGreat strategies, but sometimes startegy overload occurs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more patient to see strategies develop.

Filled with challenges and opportunity for growth.

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)

ProsWorking with some of the best people in the industry. Friendly people, great amenity, and they encourage work hard and play hard. They will not underpay you and sometimes overpay. If you do good work for them, they will definitely acknowledge it.

Consif you're a candidate for an advancement in your position, be prepared to take on some additional work on top of your current responsibilities before you actually receive the promotion. I wouldn't say it's much a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more team events to create better bonding

Excellent working environment

Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsVery enjoyable place to work. Great leadership and the company will be at the leading edge of the distribution for many years to come.

ConsSometimes there are differences in the way business is done in different global regions. This will exist with any globalized company, but for me, it's can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Very strong and focused.

Good People!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSo much opportunity, so little time! It's a great place to work, lots of things to do, lots of advancement. You make your own opportunities, and this is the place to do it.

ConsInternal website has too many dead links

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused!

People are running for the door

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsI can't think of one when I have worked for other Disty's

ConsWhere do I start? Micro Manage, Different business Strategy Weekly, Cutting Pay, Meetings, Con Calls, BSA who have never been in front of a customer at their facility, Management talks out of both sides of their mouth, No motivation to be team player, Marketer's that are kid's an don't understand how to quote.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou better change something to motivate your people or you will drive this company into the ground. No one hear is looking for free handout, just a little respect an more responsibility to service their account's. Let the people who made you million's of dollars over the years have a little control. This is not a hard business we are in, Buy parts an sell them an offer tools to help customers with their problems. Not every Market is the same, so you can't put a template over NA an think the strategy will work in every branch. Management (RVP) follow up is weak an have no control to make any decisions in front of a custom or (GM) why bring them in to meet a president when nothing will get done? Stop trying to re-event the wheel an thinking we are better then the A's in every aspect.

Have the BSA's do something like send out a customer survey in each branch an question the in-side, out-side, engineer, quote response, pricing, terms, corp management team. Rate from 1-10 an leave a response if thy want. You will find the problems we have an also see what account's reply then you will know where the branch is strong. Make an incentive to the branch to get at least 80% of the survey back.

Employees are not respected

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsExperience
    Benefits
    Professional attire
    Knowledge that can be taken elsewhere

Conseverything else
    Do not mix friends with business
    Work 24/7
    No family life

Worked for Future Electronics? Contribute to the Community!