Future Paytech

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.4

Chad Smith

An interesting ride so far

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired on as one of their remote Sales Agents. They do give you a tablet when you start that is loaded with a presentation and you use that tablet when you meet with prospective clients. I like the tablet because most people are familiar with tablets now and I've found that most people are visual. Otherwise, merchants get really bored or distracted. You don't have long to make impression - we're talking 30 - 60 seconds here in come cases. Like someone else said, they do have sales conference calls and they usually last no more than 20 - 30 minutes – I actually wish they'd last a little longer because I think we can share more selling tips, but I am sure they're trying to get us off the phone so we can get to our next appointment.

Cons

I think the sales presentation could look a little more sophisticated. We’re competing with the bigger players out there.

Keep the sales calls going and continue to recognize the performers and the hard work that it takes out here in the field. I am eager to see what other products are coming down the line because there is A LOT of competition in our line of work, so we really need more cutting edge products to effectively compete.

Doesn't pay residuals

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Future Paytech as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They set some of your sales appointments

Cons

Pay is not up to par with industry standards

Offer a more competitive Salary

Very poor training process.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Future Paytech

Pros

I like that the tablet mak s a lot of the work dummy proof

Cons

Hard time getting a hold of management during the day. Also, if support manger is closing a deal while you are calling in a deal you wait instead of having another manager pitch in and help close.

Please find. Better way to train so people aren't so easily turned over. Believe it or not some people love going to work,but only if they feel they can make some money

Dec 18, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and will conduct some research into our closing procedures as we want every employee to have a positive experience with us.

Sales

I have been working at Future Paytech

Pros

You get a nice tablet to use which has a slick presentation included and the application process is simple, and if you are new to sales you have a very involvedSales Management team.

Cons

They are very controling oif both the Sales Staff and the clients, refuse to provide written proposals or rate quotes which turn into argyments also the leads provided are very weak many times the merchant does not know why we are there or what we do. Job requires a belief in the magical abilities of sales presentations. It also seems management gets all future money streams and sales person gets none.

listen to your Field Personel and clients.

Dec 18, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your review and positive feedback on your sales team. We also value your feedback/suggestions. Regarding merchants, as new merchants are signed, we do confirm all rates with them ... More

Red flags everywhere!

I have been working at Future Paytech

Pros

Maybe the tablet. Even though it's worthless outside of using it for FPT.

Cons

The appointments seem completely bogus. Every appointment I went to, they were completely confused and had no clue what I was talking about or why I was there. Even the introduction training that's sent to you consists of red flags abut the appointments. It has you introduce yourself, the company, and why you're there. Then it says be prepared to hear "not interested". Why wouldn't they be interested if they set the appointment?!
    Then the training is horrible. You receive the tablet which provides tons of information about all the features and perks of the products, but neither the tablet or your sales manager tells you each feature costs extra. On top of that, when you fill out the practice applications, neither the tablet or your sales manager lets you know if you did it correctly. I did my practice applications in about 20 mins each. It took me almost 3 hours to complete my first real application and it still does because I keep finding out I'm doing it wrong. Plus I haven't got paid yet and the commissions are all over the place. And there's a one time processing fee that you inform merchants of at the last minute of the application that deters them real quick, but the processing fee is how you get paid! Also, they have an extremely aggressive sales strategy that irritates merchants while on the job when you do the door to door option. And when you do your research, there's way more negative feedback than positive. Honestly, there are way too many red flags and I'm not quite sure about FPT.

Making sure the "appointments" are solid will be a great help. Whatever way you're doing it, stop it! Treat it more like making a doctor's appointment or even your conference calls. They are rock solid.
    And the training needs to be improved 10 fold. Studying the tablet is nowhere near enough. Rates, fees, options pricing needs to be implemented in the training. Stop training on vague crap! Reps need to be proficient before going in the field. Managers shouldn't have to be on the phone with every merchant.

Oct 28, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. We will look into our sales and training materials as we always strive for improvement. We are also looking at additional training options to improve confidence in the field ... More

Enjoy working here but save your gas money

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’ve never been one to enjoy working in an office setting, so I appreciate the flexibility of working from home and on the road. Since we’re all remote and all over the US, we have weekly sales meetings where we call in to discuss our progress with management, along with anything new that’s going on with the company (products, etc). From my past experience, communication is a joke at many companies. These calls are good because they highlight peoples individual successes and provide public recognition on the call. Sometimes in our line of work, I’ve felt like we’re an afterthought.

They do give you a tablet that you can use when you present your materials to prospective merchants – that’s a more up-to-date approach than lugging around a tone of printed sell sheets.

Cons

You will have to drive to your appointments to meet merchants and sometimes they’re not as geographically as close as you’d like them to be.

Please try to schedule appointments closer to one another.

Waste of time!!! Anything they tell you is a lie.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Future Paytech as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Maybe the tablet, if any.

Cons

Well for one I was fired when a family member had a heart attack and I had to leave for over a week. They tell you the leads are solid but they are not. More than half the time the owner was not even there, and if they are there you there are baffled why you came in the first place. They appointments they set are unsubstantiated several of the "leads" i talked to mentioned someone called once upon a time and they hung up. They send you blindfolded on a wild goose chase.

Invest in your employees

Oct 2, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. We do double confirm our lead appointments via recorded calls, but there may be certain factors beyond our control, such as a merchant not being available at appointment time ... More

Tin Men

Former Employee - Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Agent

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

They just want you to run around and tell the customer as little as possible while pushing them to sign up no matter what. The corporate managers think zinging the customer is going to result in sales.

Ethics is more important than sales.

Sep 22, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. Our reps are coached by their corporate managers on selling techniques and we don't support or encourage unethical behavior. When a new merchant agrees to services with us, we ... More

My Destiny is my Life !

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the fact that I have my Independence. I can work my day without supervisors breathing down my neck !
    I like the fact that I am in charge of my income ! A sale equals a raise in my income ! No one else can keep me from earning daily ! I am in control of my own destiny !

Cons

Customers not wanting to buy ! Not everyone can handle the rejection when a customer is not interested in buying ! You are alone and out on the road without the support of another person to pick you up ! So the Pro's and Cons in this job are similiar ! I must be able to control my Own Attitude Daily ! Not allowing others to drag me down !

Have dialer's prequalify a lead a little more ! Be sure the customer knows why a salesperson is coming !

Aug 1, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're glad that you've had a positive experience with us and we are continually seeking ways to improve. Thank you for your suggestion on the ... More

Do NOT Mail Them Back the Tablet. They Do NOT Refund the $300!

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Future Paytech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Not being stuck in the office, so good flexibility. It gives you time to take care of other revenue streams since this company alone is not a full-time income.

Cons

They take a $300 deposit on the tablet that is sent to you. But they do NOT give it back. This has happened to multiple former employees, including myself.

Be honest and stop ripping off the little guy. It is sad that stealing little bits from hardworking people is necessary in this company's view.

Aug 1, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your review. We hope by now any misunderstanding may have been cleared up, but if not, please contact your former Corporate Manager here and we will gladly research this issue for you ... More