Future Paytech

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chad Smith

Very good, some frustrations as with any sales job. www.futurepaytech.com/blog

Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Augusta, ME

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for less than a year

ProsProud to be working with a dedicated hard working group of professionals.

ConsAppointments are often not solid leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some better training for telemarketers

Not as good as advertised

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Future Paytech full-time

ProsAutonomy, great schedule, commissions paid on account activation, daily leads provided. Attainable monthly bonuses.

ConsMany of the leads are not actual appointments. I would have preferred cold calling. Very little training. The company does not give you enough tools to properly do your job. They keep essential information from you. When you ask for help, they don't have time. The presentation tablet did not do all of the functions it was supposed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some REAL training to your new sales people. Give them a tablet that works properly.

Flag Review

Future Paytech Marketing Director responded to this review

Apr 16, 2014

Thank you for your review. We do endeavor to provide thorough training for all of our resellers who contract with us to sell our services and every reseller is assigned with a dedicated corporate ... More

Lots of negativity with recruiters and team managers

Indenpendant Sales Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Future Paytech for less than a year

Pros* flexibility
* working out of my home
* you knew your leads the night before so you can plan your next day
* had a tablet formatted to their business model
* can't think of any more

Cons* The was no support.
* The work environment was too negative.
* They send you all over the place for 100% commission job that is a 1099.
* It was apparent to me that they were trying to take advantage of people who were desperate for jobs.
* kind of controlled what you did as a 1099.
* and so on.....

Flag Review

Future Paytech Marketing Director responded to this review

Apr 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. When a new agent agrees to resell our services, they agree to field appointments within a 20 mile radius of where they live. Our resellers are provided with an agreement ... More

Working at Future Paytech has open my eyes for a better work environment

I have been working at Future Paytech

ProsGreat place to work trying to get on your feet

ConsHigh demand out of the ap setters

So far so good

Independent Contractor (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for less than a year

ProsI truly believe in the product and the company.

ConsWould like more qualified leads,

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have the appointments all in one area each day (or as close as possible), to maximize selling time, rather than all over the place. San Diego & San Diego County is huge. I have driven from the coast to the In-land Empire and then back to the coast wasting precious selling time. With that in mind please try to remember as an Independent Contractor the gas, mileage, wear and tear on my vehicle is on me.

Great place to work if you are motivated

Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat support team, qualified leads, daily pay. This is not your typical sales job because it is a place you can actually stay at and not be taken advantage of. They do right by your clients so you can believe in the product.

ConsThey expect you to work, so this may be a con if you are unprofessional. They ask you to be at your first appointment at 9am, which is kryptonite for the lazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! - John A.

Great Business Oppurtunity

Saledman (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

ProsProvide Leads, Support and Sales Notebook Computer

ConsYou must be a self starter. Only serious and mature individual need to apply!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more people recruited in the Charlotte, NC area. We will do better i a smaller radius and get to see more people in a day. This is a great oppurtunity! We need to spend more time in front of business owners and less time driving.

So far so good!

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for less than a year

ProsI joined Future Payment Technologies just about a year ago and I'm still happy that I made the decision. Since joining, I've been excited about the direction of the company and the vision of our leadership team. I see great things in our future - we're really embracing new technologies and other aspects of the industry to provide the best services at the best prices to our clients.

On the employee side - I'm privileged to have been involved in the process of reinvesting into our employees in the corporate office, plus, reinvesting into our field sales agents. Everything I've seen has shown me that, as a company, we're committed to success at all levels of the organization and willing to invest the time and money needed to reach our goals. It's an exciting time to be here and I look forward to what the future holds.

ConsNo employer is perfect, but I definitely see FPT working hard to provide a great experience to everyone involved in the organization. In my role, I interact with new sales agents every day and it's very unfortunate that not everyone achieves the same level of success and tenure. I take it personally when someone isn't successful in their position and hate to lose the, no doubt, talented people that don't find success in our sales agent program.

It's also difficult to fully communicate the vision and direction of the company, when such a large part of our representation is scattered across the country, rather than being here in our corporate offices. When you don't interact face-to-face every day, it can be a real challenge and I know it makes some individuals feel like they have to do it all on their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose your vision for the future of our company. There are great things on the way - keep your fire and passion and let's ride into the future full steam ahead.

Great Company to work for

ISA (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for more than a year

ProsDaily coaching from direct supervisor. My manager shows true concern for my personal well being and always takes care of issues that may arise. The preset appointments are great, but you are also given the freedom to go out and generate your own sales which gives you the opportunity to have unlimited income potential.

ConsNothing. I have had no issues that have not been given full attention and handled immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Up the Good Work - TM

Working at Future Payment Technologies has allowed me to accomplish so much from a personal and professional standpoint!

Account Management Specialist (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFuture PayTech stands by its open door policy so it makes it easy to share with management solutions and/or concerns that makes the workplace better for all.

ConsThe separation of our sales team and client services department being on different floors. It would be easier to keep both teams close so that we can achieve together the overall goal of making sales and keeping our merchants happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should have more company wide events that allows us more interaction with each other.

Worked for Future Paytech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Future Paytech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Future Paytech CEO Chad Smith. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Future Paytech employees.