FutureNet Technologies

CEO

I LOVE MY SUPERVISOR

Former Employee - Medical Editor in Diamond Bar, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Editor in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Best supervisor ever, April Lewis, helpful, understanding, always available

Cons

Due to editing we have lost a LOT of income. Takes you longer to edit the report than it does to type one.

Go back to straight typing!

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Diamond Bar, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An excellent supervisor, very understanding.

Cons

They are chaning their platforms to voice recognition software.

I think the people who are in management are very likeable.

Way less than perfect

Current Employee - MT/ME

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, that's about it.

Cons

M-Modal terrible. Not difficult dictators, but M-Modal just can't seem to pick it up. Supervisor has NO people skills. Makes accusations before getting the facts by asking simple questions regarding a problem. Pay is low, but so is the industry, if platform had better performance, would be much better. Will stay until I find something a little more profitable. Might go flip burgers!!!

Get better platform or have someone who really knows the system to "fix it." Train supervisors to work with you and not against you.

Can't make a living wage

Current Employee - MT/ME

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is always on time and accurate. Workflow staff are courteous and helpful. Transcription platforms are word based and accessed via internet. Because you are an independent contractor, you can request time off and there is usually no problem. Tech support is awesome.

Cons

The voice recognition platforms are just terrible. M-Modal is cumbersome and nonproductive. There is no way to make a living on this platform. Pay is half for VR versus traditional transcription, but you absolutely cannot produce twice as many lines with either of their VR platforms, so you lose money. Supervisor has no experience with all aspects of the job and tends to be threatening in tone both on the phone and in her e-mails. Raises are unheard of. Decrease in starting pay is common. Lack of work is common.

Consider sharing the company profits with the workers. Get your supervisors some training in people skills. Speech recognition is NOT twice as productive as traditional transcription. Consider all people and aspects within your company, not just your technology division - we're still here earning your company money.

Good workflow, moderate pay for industry

Current Employee - Speech Recognition Editor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Speech Recognition Editor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Never run out of work. They provide you with plenty of accounts. Flexible schedules. Prompt payment. They have switched all accounts to M*Modal, which is an excellent platform.

Cons

No raises. Pay is same across the board. No room for advancement. Some accounts are just too difficult to justify the time working on them. Training is not ongoing and updated. You are simply sent an email with account changes.

Weight accounts as far as payment for the editing/transcription done. Give incentives and raises. Monthly conference calls might keep everyone better informed of changes.

Contract management

Former Employee - Webmaster in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Webmaster in Washington, DC

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Futurenet was able to communicate the client's needs and the company's needs to me within ethical standards. It was a 6 month contract for the development and so the maintenance phase started I knew it was time for new personnel to come in.

Cons

I was the lone employee in the contract and so it was difficult to meet others.

This company stinks

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job is easy. Uses Microsoft Word. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Speech recognition reports that twice as long to complete. Continue to cut pay rates. Expected to KNOW what dictator means instead of what they SAY. Pay never on time, and in fact had one paycheck that bounced.

Make doctors responsible/accountable for giving correct information.

There is room for improvement

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at FutureNet Technologies

Pros

For the most part, transcriptionists are left alone.
    There is no problem getting time off work, vacations, doctors appointments, etc.
    Pay always on time.

Cons

No recognition.
    No appreciation for hard work.
    Some work requires extra time that is not paid for (like e-mails, research patient names, dates)
    Never ever get a raise.
    Constant account hopping making it impossible to get good pay. I barely made minimum wage.
    There are too many ESLs so you cannot be productive.
    A lot of times questions do not get answered.
    No contact with higher management.

Higher management, supervisors, and QA need to be more communicative, respectful, give thank yous, give praise, give raises! Don't play favorites.

There are better companies.

Current Employee - Medical Editor
    Current Employee - Medical Editor

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies

Pros

Easy to learn platform. Pay is always on time.

Cons

Manager is not very knowlegable. You are expected to provide tons of feedback to new MTs for which you are not compensated. Sometimes you will spend close to an hour on a report with several blanks and you will only receive your less than $2 per report pay.

Pay hourly for QA and require a certain number of report per hour. Hire a mentor and pay them a salary - allowing them to work with the new MTs only and provide feedback. Don't burden regular QA with the task of editing the new MT reports and wasting lots of unpaid time on feedback.