Futuredontics

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
3.2

Michael Turner

Pleasant work environment and friendly co-workers

Former Employee - Product Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Product Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Futuredontics

Pros

A good place for 9-5'ers who like to forget about work after work is over. Comfortable and relaxed working atmosphere with really nice people.

Cons

The business is about reducing costs of operating against an environment where the cost to acquire a user for the main product is rising. The product needs to be better so more people would use it organically.

Sales rep ok for short term if you are desperate.

I worked at Futuredontics

Pros

Not bad If you don't mind working in a non supportive, industrial mindset rather than progressive environment which breeds low morale, and not having any job security, a nepotistic atmosphere then it's an ok temporary stop but no long term career opportunities.

Cons

Sales rep, no account protection, Mis-aligned middle and upper management, no teamwork or supportive company culture, too focused on short term profits and extremely high turnover. Long sales cycle but high short term pressure. Low base salary, entry level pay with mid level expectations. Negative direction in the sales department. No loyalty or respect building.

Ask your employees for feedback rather than hiring outside consultants who have no intimate knowledge of the dynamics of the sale and don't give them the power to hire and fire at will. Give reps a longer period to ramp up, it's a long sales cycle and takes time to build up. Don't turn the place into a low budget cheesy telemark inch environment.

Marketing Consultant

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Futuredontics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I thought upper management was very helpful and 100% supportive of helping each employee meet there sales goals. The people are great, and the environment is very positive.

Cons

It is the nature of the role, but it can be repetitive. But, if it is something you like, then it's not a big deal.

Management was great, maybe just add more sales floor managers, as they are busy.

Horrible Place To Work! (The Glassdoor system wouldn't let me enter no stars so I had to select one!)

Former Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Futuredontics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Absolutely No Pros About Working Here!

Cons

OMG! Where could I possibly start! First of all, the whole premise of the company is flawed to begin with. Its a referral service that supposedly refers good dentists to people. In all actuality, they refer ANY dentist that can afford to pay their exorbitant fees. They treat their employees like slaves and have totally unrealistic expectations of them. They thrive on high turnover because they don't offer raises and fire employees who have worked there since before the company was sold to the current owners (the old owners actually used to give raises) They'd rather keep hiring new employees at entry level wages than keep good employees who achieved a higher salery through the old ownership. They fire people in huge amounts. More than any other company I've ever encountered. They fired me for absolutely NO reason and then lied to the EDD about it to try and keep me from getting unemployment benefits. Well, I appealed their decision and went to court and WON! I'm currently getting my unemployment. Its a horrible place to work with NO culture at all!

HA! Any advice that I could offer these idiots would fall on deaf and dumb ears!

It was a great experience

I have been working at Futuredontics

Pros

Kind workers and helpful to me

Cons

fast pace and have to be able to multitask

This company has big ambitions and a noticeable lack of leadership and resources.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Futuredontics full-time

Pros

Great Insurance, they never expect you to work 60-80 hours a week. Free covered parking, occasional Ice Cream trucks serving free treats, etc.

Cons

I worked here for years and there has been a mass exodus of upper management in the last 6 months, e.g. 3 Vice Presidents leaving to work elsewhere and not being replaced. Read into that information as you see fit.

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Futuredontics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

wonderful people, great benefits, appreciative and supportive management, great opportunity for financial growth, opportunities to develop and to learn, weekly training supports development of skills needed to increase your sales,

Cons

as with all sales, there will be lots of rejection, you call dental offices all day every day it can be a bit monotonous,

Keep it up

Fast Growing Company

I have been working at Futuredontics full-time

Pros

New products to work on and always exciting stuff going on.

Cons

Call center employees don't have as much interaction with other departments.

Run

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Futuredontics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people who work their are great

Cons

Absolutely terrible Compensation There are two types of sales roles. High base salaries with less aggressive commission and low base salaries with aggressive commission. This is a low base with a non aggressive commission structure, entry level position masked by a brand name. No 100k potential Management is beyond clueless. This is a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks kind of atmosphere and highly unorganized.

WAKE UP and start investing in the people who have talent and skill. In corporate more sales training. Be open to ideas from people who are on the front lines. Stop saying "Idk" or its on the "road map"

Great Company to Work For, SAS Team Member

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Futuredontics full-time

Pros

To preface, the Patient Activator division is top notch. The small size of the team makes it a close-knit and spirited group. Excellent company to work for in terms of work time flexibility, financial incentives, an impassioned management team who is quick to act on employee feedback. Also, inclusion in company meetings with the CEO occurs on a regular basis. Most importantly, the management team is intuitive and seems to know when to step back and not micromanage. One of the best assets that I've come across from any other company I've worked for. The PatientActivator division has the spirit of small beta start up company. The technology is top notch and the atmosphere is relaxed, and the team includes hand picked professionals. Most importantly, from my experience, the management is very ethical and professional. Great company to work for!

Cons

Dealing with a large scale of rejection, but like any sales job, this is part of the territory, just stick with it.

I've seen some reviews that do not reflect the current direction of the company and possibly those were at one point in its longevity. The new direction of the company and merger with Bain Capital have infused huge incentives among the staff. Whatever they're doing right now, they need to keep it up! No suggestions at this time.

Futuredontics Photos