Futurestep Reviews

Updated February 20, 2015
76 reviews filtered by
Byrne K. Mulrooney

Pros
  • Work life balance is supported with myself and a number of others doing 3 or 4 days per week (in 6 reviews)

• Good client base, you think they would pay employees more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There can often be too much work and therefore not a great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Low salary based on the amount of work that is dumped on you (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Autonomous Environment. Learning and Growth Opportunities.

Cons

Oversell to clients. Most opportunities are on a contract basis

2. So far so good!

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and willing to help and assist with questions or work. The members of management that I have met do have an open door policy.

Cons

Still too soon to render a judgement.

3. Mixed Reviews

Current Contractor - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Addison, TX
    Current Contractor - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Addison, TX

I have been working at Futurestep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, flexibility, professionally casual atmosphere, no direct management, work-life balance

Cons

Since it is under the Korn Ferry umbrella, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Extremely disorganized, poor communication, lack of training and follow up etc

What Management?? All the Recruiters are in Dallas while their Managers are people who they will never meet, who are scattered throughout the East Coast; this results to a lot of the disconnect and unmet expectations from both sides.

They will sell you the dream, but....

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to Fortune 500 companies, time off at Christmas for full time employees, wide assortment of K-Cups, discounted snacks in the machine.

Cons

Serious pay discrepancies, staff is mainly unprofessional contractors, no upward movement, they do not promote within, limited ability to work from home, limited pay increases, preach about opportunities but ignore you if you want to advance, Non-minority employees are paid more and given more opportunities regardless of experience or education. Not sure who reported that the pay is great for this position, but they must be okay with being poor. Working from home is not an option.

Put more of an effort to retain employees who contribute. You talk about growth, yet pay peanuts. You will never have long term employees this way.

6. Good company overall, professional environment, many layers of management.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Futurestep full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, great benefits, 401K.

Cons

Did not pay bonus when i hit my targets, which was the main reason I departed.

Pay the bonus if your employees hit their numbers.

7. An awesome place to work with a great salary!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Futurestep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is willing to help teach, many projects going on at once

Cons

Office culture fluctuates- high turnover rate

Good company with typical issues

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were extremely dedicated and very intelligent people at the firm. Most search engagements involved very well-known clients. Comfortable and professional office atmosphere. Unlike most other search firms I've worked at, we never wanted for anything in terms of resources.

Cons

At the time, most of Futurestep's research team were located in India and many on the team seemed less than well-versed in Western corporate architecture. The firm was also quite top-heavy, which both created opportunities for higher management to blame failures on subordinates and possibly siphoned payroll away from more competent mid-level staffers. Frequently the sales team seemed so intent on pursuing engagements, service delivery staff had to backtrack with clients so we weren't faced with an impossible search for a nonexistent candidate.

Promotion from within and more training for mid-level employees would have improved my experience. Overall a very solid experience, however.

Do Not Work Here!!

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Colleagues. Pay wouldn't be bad if one wasn't forced to work 12+ hours every day non-stop.

Cons

I'm leaving this company as fast as I can find another job. All work, no play and no appreciation. Tremendous amount of pressure every day and it never ends. No raises and small bonus pay outs. The work load is not doable.

Quit burning out your good employees for greed. Do you ever learn?

Good processes, good brand name, they land some great clients and projects

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Futurestep full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good processes in place, talented recruiters, any reasonable resource needed is provided.

Cons

Dont treat their people well, make cuts based on short term firm performance, and most of their intellectual capital goes out the door with them when they leave.

Take better care of your most productive employees, don't cut your staff based on one quarter's results, and weather the storm a little more before letting your senior people go.

Failing Fast

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Peers are wonderful people to be around

Cons

Don't know where to start. Left for a better opportunity, and feel sad for the people who are still there. Management is horrible and picks favorites. The favorites also turn out to be the people who get promoted and do the least amount of work in the company. There is no real room for advancement, and are completely unorganized. Like others have written, they spend hours upon hours with their doors closed talking about co-workers instead of recognizing their hard work and efforts. Don't trust what they are selling.

Work on professionalism, and integrity. People are leaving in the masses because they are underpaid and undervalued.

Futurestep Photos