Futurestep Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.9

Byrne K. Mulrooney

Pros
  • Work life balance is supported with myself and a number of others doing 3 or 4 days per week (in 6 reviews)

• Good client base, you think they would pay employees more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There can often be too much work and therefore not a great work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Mgmt doesn't always bring recruiters to client site, so information for a search is often delivered second hand (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

We need change and diversity as well as unity

I have been working at Futurestep as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Company provides great knowledge on different aspects of the industry. Futurestep is a social culture type of environment. Everyone is friendly and I do excellent work here. Company demonstrates interest in their employees knowledge and success rate. So no I am not writing this review because I am doing poorly or anything of that nature. I am just dissatisfied with the way upper management treats those on the floor. coordinators/Sourcers/ Recruiters/ minorities.

Cons

Just like people are often friendly, they are also very phony. Seems like if you aren't kissing butt, chances of growth opportunity for you is very slim. Diversity on the floor is okay but what about the office? Not one black person is qualified enough to be placed in an office? really? There are lots of Michelle Obamas who needs to be acknowledged and rewarded that exist, it all goes back to kissing butt and faking it until you make it. Seems like behind the scenes, color blends with color regardless of where you are from. Team leads treating one coordinator different than another simply because one is a minority, while praising the other. You can be from Ukrain, heavy accent, not be qualified enough but because you are of the same color as management, you are immediately qualified and placed in an office. For blacks, it will reach a lifetime, sadly to say. Additionally, As a Sourcer, coordinator, you work your behind off but yet upper management will always return with a blame and pointing fingers. I witnessed a colleague inadvertently make one mistake and you bet recruiters and upper management was on her like white on rice. Upper management had once informed a (black)colleague that they will watch his every move since he was new to a new client. For whites, I am sure they never are told this. Disturbing to have to initiate this black and white conversation but we can not pretend as if it does not exist.

Since everyone on here has refused to either state the truth or is completely oblivious to reality of Futurestep, shall I explain? There isn't enough diversity within management in the office where I work. It is 2014, lets place some blacks in the office. We are just as qualified, educated, highly competent but yet we see the same types in the office. Yes I am sure there is much diversity amongst you all but I see not one black person in an office, why is that? Diveristy Diversity Diversity! This is not 1943.

Also Management(Project leads and Recruiters) should acknowledge all the obstacles that coordinators and Sourcers experience, I mean genuinely understand before pointing fingers. Some fault may lie in our fellow recruiters who are so quick to blame but yet quit left and right.

I would not recommend working here for minorities. Not at all.

Market Leader

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues and lots of opportunity

Cons

More Pros than Cons working here

Great Company... in theory.

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Excellent reputation as a top-flight recruiting firm.
    • Very nimble organization that can change direction on a dime… and usually does.
    • Working virtually allows for flexibility and accommodation.
    • When you have access to senior leaders, you will find a WEALTH of knowledge and competence.

Cons

• Inconsistency in project implementation. (to their credit, they have hired a team that is now overseeing implementation and that seems to be going well)
    • Frenetic management with very little oversight; underperformers can coast and get by leaving all the hard work to top-performers.
    • ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT! You will walk in with what you know and stay at that level if you do not take the initiative to learn on your own.
    • This company does not encourage it’s employees to be better at their jobs.
    • Bonuses are promised in your offer, but never paid.
    • You will NEVER be provided a merit increase no matter what your performance level is, so why bother is most people’s attitude.

Provide a more cohesive team structure so that recruiters feel like they are actually a part of a team. Currently no one is really aligned to anyone.
    PAY BONUSES and provide merit increases; unless you really could care less how long people stay with your company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need to learn to walk the talk

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in South Houston, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good place to learn to recruit for different jobs and industries.
    - Opportunity to learn to work for managers who may not know enough about recruiting to provide competent management of projects/ searches/ RPOs and/or people.
    - Opportunity to work with virtual teams.
    - Opportunity to learn to work in an ever changing environment.
    - Global exposure via affiliation to Korn/Ferry.
    - Definitely the place to work to build tolerance for instability.

Cons

- HR creates and tries to implement staff development tools that could be effective if they were taken seriously and used company-wide.
    - HR too often is not involved in employment decisions.
    - As with many companies, incompetent employees can work at Futurestep ad infinitum if they have friends in high places.
    - Sells solutions and advertises concepts that are not applied in-house.
    - Sales team brings in business that is approved by management regardless of the company's capacity to deliver.
    - Workforce planning and change management is done on the fly.
    - Inadequate tools that compete with each other instead of complementing each other.
    - Sourcers have insufficient and/or inadequate tools.
    - Very high turnover.
    - Departments compete against each other.
    - Employees are obviously dispensable.

- Listen to lower ranks.
    - Examine why turn over is so high.
    - Evaluate managers' response to their employees' concerns.
    - Ensure the company walks the talk.

This is like 'doing time' behind bars.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really nice people have been here - a few remain because the job market is tough.

Cons

No work/life balance - work, work, work.,,with no reward.
    Company under-staffs projects so the execs can get their big bonus checks
    Poor management style and incompetence is rewarded - while the people who deliver - work nights, weekends, holidays and cannot take vacation.
    This is a company who does not care about people. If you want to be a number that is easily replaced by another number, you'd like it here.
    No raises
    Promise of a bonus is vaporware. If you do get a fraction of your bonus, you're supposed to feel special, after working 60 - 80 hour weeks.
    This is a sweat shop with a high profile name.

Dare to care about people who actually do the work at your company. Take the advice you give to other companies about how important people are. A majority of your employees are very unhappy, feel undervalued, unappreciated and are too afraid to open their mouth. The ones that do say something are black-balled and fired.

Still growing and developing

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reputation/longevity in the market, Leadership/Management cares and is driving towards a unified vision, fair compensation, large organization, excellent vacation/sick/maternity benefits (16 weeks), career development tools

Cons

Limiting our resources (sourcing tools), still building structure, limited support/onboarding/training programs, high pressure at times, bureaucratic system/politics

Keep making the improvements and building the internal structures to support the growth.

Get Ready to Have No Life

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, sometimes interesting work, not a bad place to be if you are in upper management or looking for something short term. Paid time off between Christmas and New Year is a plus.

Cons

Be ready to give your life to the company and work 15+ hours a day. The sales force doesn't seem to understand what it takes to actually perform the jobs they sell. The company has many executives that have to be paid and that doesn't leave enough money to put the right number of people on the projects to do the work. It never changes from client to client. Bonus payouts are not even close to the target amount no matter how hard you work. Raises are non-existent. Bet Management get their full bonus.

The culture is a pressure cooker to constantly perform at 100 miles an hour all of the time. If you want a life, this is not the company for you.

Take a long, hard look at the churn and burn culture and the good people working for the company. Don't wear out your top talent then wonder why their not performing like they did. Futurestep could be an awesome company, it needs to start acting like one and treat employees fairly. Where are you Management in contacting and working with the people that actually do the job to earn YOUR pay? You are no where to be seen and lacking in communication to the people that matter.

Confusing! Frustrating and indifferent!

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

A Korn Ferry Company, global presence

Cons

Very poor management, co-ordination. Highly mismanaged company.

Exciting, fast paced, human capital consulting firm specializing in human resources outsourcing

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for personal career growth and to work in a dynamic environment where you can contribute to the growth of the business and learn.

Cons

Management expectations are high and the culture is quite demanding, so the pace is not for everyone.

Invest more in supporting the existing team for success.

Poorly run by a bunch of cheerleaders.

I have been working at Futurestep full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong client base and a good company reputation from the parent company..

Cons

The companies compensation is average at best and don't ever count on a raise or bonus. I personally was rated over a 4.0 out of a 5.0 scale and there was under 50% of the bonus achieved and no raise for 2013. The company is also very fond of "development" work which is nothing more than busy work. All in all it's typical for an RPO. My suggestion is find a good company and go to work in house.

Quit grasping at straws and actually communicate to your employees.

Futurestep Photos

Futurestep logo

+ Add Photo

Worked for Futurestep? Contribute to the Community!