Futurestep Reviews

Updated April 19, 2015
81 reviews filtered by

Good processes, good brand name, they land some great clients and projects

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Futurestep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good processes in place, talented recruiters, any reasonable resource needed is provided.

Cons

Dont treat their people well, make cuts based on short term firm performance, and most of their intellectual capital goes out the door with them when they leave.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your most productive employees, don't cut your staff based on one quarter's results, and weather the storm a little more before letting your senior people go.

Do Not Work Here!!

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Colleagues. Pay wouldn't be bad if one wasn't forced to work 12+ hours every day non-stop.

Cons

I'm leaving this company as fast as I can find another job. All work, no play and no appreciation. Tremendous amount of pressure every day and it never ends. No raises and small bonus pay outs. The work load is not doable.

Advice to Management

Quit burning out your good employees for greed. Do you ever learn?

Failing Fast

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peers are wonderful people to be around

Cons

Don't know where to start. Left for a better opportunity, and feel sad for the people who are still there. Management is horrible and picks favorites. The favorites also turn out to be the people who get promoted and do the least amount of work in the company. There is no real room for advancement, and are completely unorganized. Like others have written, they spend hours upon hours with their doors closed talking about co-workers instead of recognizing their hard work and efforts. Don't trust what they are selling.

Advice to Management

Work on professionalism, and integrity. People are leaving in the masses because they are underpaid and undervalued.

Lousy Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location in Addison, TX. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Employees are generally good people with the exception of a few snakes thrown in. Good benefits.

Cons

First of all, I am not what you call a disgruntled employee. I was not fired and left on my own terms. I found a better job paying way more than Futurestep would ever pay me. If you're looking for income based on experience and to be paid what you're worth then keep looking. The pay is low compared to other companies in the industry. This is also not Korn/Ferry which is very unfortunate. There are recruiters, recruiting coordinators, talent acquisition specialists, sourcing specialists and search associates. You work on projects as a team or independently. The management team is horrible. They will speak down to you and will be rude. They play favorites and talk behind employees backs and laugh at them in their offices. They are not available because their doors are always closed. If your a favorite brownnoser then you can get their time and spend hours behind closed doors with them. If you have questions then you just have to wait or find someone else to ask. This makes it difficult when a team lead has been fired and you have noone to go to and are constantly told to ask your pm. Certain employees will report back to management anything they say or hear just to get ahead. If I am working on a project I do not need another talent acquisition specialist bossing me around and trying to make me look bad so they can look good to management. I had employees talk down to me and be so aggressive that I no longer could deal with it. My ideas were stolen and believed to be theirs. This is not someone that you put in any kind of lead role. What's awful is that this employee wasn't even in a lead role or a management role. They just thought they were and management created a monster and continues to let them act like a monster. I got tired of never getting any recognition or attention for any of my hard work. Too much moving around from project to project and being treated like dirt by other employees that wanted to get ahead at the expense of others. The environment is no better than kindergarten. I was able to move into a better situation and be appreciated while earning great money which I deserve. I have an actual job that is drama free and work with people that want to help and see me succeed and not fail. I wish I had learned more at Futurestep but it is a time that I regret spending

Advice to Management

Think about how you look to everyone else. Lead by example and treat all employees as equal. Do not allow a few people to poison a work experience for all the rest. If Futurestep was a great place to work then why do people keep leaving. Good people like myself have left because of all the same issues. Offer better opportunities to advance or let employees grow in the company. Aggresive demanding and bossy people have no place acting as management when they're not. Employees don't respect these types of people and it causes bad feelings. Give your employees attention and talk to them and not at them.

On the "ups"!

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Futurestep full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance (remote options available), marquis clients, partnership with Korn-Ferry, Lominger tools, PDI, LTC, many different service options to have a diversified portfolio, supportive staff and team members, opportunity to work on a variety of projects. There have recently been a lot of changes re: vision, scope, leadership, etc. and it's finally making its way to all levels of the organization. Slow and steady...

Cons

Middle management still needs some improvement, but there seems to be a lot of work being done from the top down, which has already started to trickle into other levels.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The changes taking place are noticeable and the teams are finally getting stronger. The focus on internal advancement, "practicing what we preach", and building strong leadership is finally getting to a place where it should have been for years.

Worked for 2 years.

I worked at Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were nice, friendly, and helpful and it was good to have a paycheck,

Cons

The management used intimidation as motivation.
    Team leads used public embarrassment as a training tool.
    There were no raises or bonuses.

Advice to Management

Train your team leads to be supportive.
    Create training opportunities and offer career growth options..

Run for the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Futurestep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules with good benefits

Cons

High turnover. with lousy pay, no training, bad environment with low moral. This is not a job to stay at for very long at all. Promotions are given for brown nosing or having connections.The old management was better than the new one in place now. New management is downright trifling and rude and very fake. It would be great if management were actually nice and friendly and liked by everyone. Instead they are hated by most everyone and team leads are not worth having because they lead nothing but meetings that aren't needed in the first place. When that isn't happening they are on personal phone calls and walking around looking at everyone like they crazy and trying to put the fear of the lord in you, or being the joker in the corner. It is actually a joke really. When lousy accounts are given but no help is shown for them. If you don't like them then that's too bad because you are stuck and no room to move on to something else. It is like you're in jail and numbers are all that matters to them. If you ask for a new account or complain about bad ones then you are just ignored and told just do what you can. Do what you can but I need 50 people by the end of the day. Everyone is looking for other jobs and good people are leaving because of the low moral and bad treatment of employees by new management.

Advice to Management

Pay people better and treat them well. Don't set goals for workers that you know can't be achieved. Offer more room for advancing inside the company. Offer better accounts.

9. FutureStep

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

lots of knowledge spread around. professional environment

Cons

over worked with low pay

Advice to Management

evaluate roles and salary.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros about this company

Cons

No raises, bonuses are low and no work-life balance. People who are on the business front line are treated poorly by management. There is never a thank you for teams who hard work. When projects are sold the client loves what sales folk discuss but it can never be delivered because there are no tools and competent people to deliver. It is hard to believe a big company doesn't have more tools established by now.

Advice to Management

Change the way projects are sold. Make sure to have people delivering projects involved in proposals before projects are sold.

Road that goes to nowhere

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Good client base, you think they would pay employees more
    Opportunities to work in various industries without being pigeon holed to recruit for one industry
    Good opportunity for experience
    Good opportunity to experience diversity
    Good insurance benefits

Cons

Some of the challenges in working for this company are that the management is horrible
    Recently new management has taken over and things are worse than they were before
    Very low pay for type of work and amount of work
    No promotions or pay raise offered no matter how hard you work, but if you are friends with management, then you get better offers and promotions
    New management is so bad that good people are leaving and finding better jobs
    Very hostile and militant environment as of recently
    Willingness to step on others to get on top
    Empty promises by leadership

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and pay them more, offer promotions to those that deserve it

Futurestep Photos