Futurity First Insurance Group

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

MIchael Kalen

Great small family with large aspirations!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat and smart people who are good at what they do
    Good work/life balance
    Everyone has an important role
    Stocked Kitchen
    Growing company
    managers have open offices like everyone else

Consthe office is pretty small, not many great places to get quiet work done
    not much room to grow, small team so their is a cap to what position you can get

Avoid this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCompany sell products from other companies and has no proprietary products. This gives you a variety of products to sell

ConsCompany is notorious for not paying agents on time or not at all. National offices are out of time with local branches. Little to no training and no personalized training from sales managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees what they earned.

Corporate office was great and was supportive, branch management was a nightmare and was demeaning

Insurance Sales (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCompany overall has a good business model with a lot of support from the corporate office. Corporate provides complementary online training programs and weekly sales meetings. Very supportive people in corporate marketing and training.

ConsBranch is new, so no real help or direction from local management. Management has unclear expectations, gives equally unclear instructions, punishes bad news and likes to belittle employees. Training for new agents is non-existent so you have to teach yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like humans and realize that putting employees down will not motivate them. If employees are not happy they will find work elsewhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company to work for if you like working on 100% commission and hustling for new clients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours- great management staff

Cons100% commission- prospecting for new customers

Great experience

ProsGood cash backing and large opportunity to succeed

ConsSmall and hard to get needed $ to make work

Agent

Agent (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsEstablished business relationships with the best in class insurance product providers. Allows an agent to manage a client's insurance needs through out theire life cycle.

ConsHaving multiple product lines can be come somewhat overwhelming when deciding what product line to focus on and then what carriers to use.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the public discloser of everyone's commission statements.

No raise & no education!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rocky Hill, CT

ProsThis is a Small office located outside of Hartford. Easy to get to off of 91.

ConsNever received a raise
    Constant layoffs
    No continuing education or development

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to develop & appreciate your employees. You got rid of everyone that actually knew what they were doing!!!

A True "Agent Based" Platform!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Prosfirst company I have ever worked for that is geared towards agent success more than management or home office! It is nice to feel important and have an almost unlimted variety of products to choose from to offer clients the very best. Any career or independent agent would be crazy not to take a look at FFIG as a place to be happy and build their business!

Conshonestly there are none for me

Advice to Senior Managementkeep growing, keep being open to feedback, and give agents and managers everything you have so they can be equipped with tools to superstars!

Based place to work, a Company that truly offers it all.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsGreat culture and Leadership
    Great compensation package
    Wide variety of carriers to represent
    Easy systems
    Great Marketing Programs

ConsNot known yet well, but consumers are getting to know us

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote to the experienced agents out there at other Companies what you have to offer more than you do as you have it all. As an agent Futurity offers the best contract and a fun place to work. For most agents, Futurity offers everything that an agent needs to be successfull.

A Company on the Move

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rocky Hill, CT

ProsThe company has grown dramatically this year. Sales have grown 70% and their is a positive energy and enthusiasm that is clear to see. The company has attracted many top agents in the last 12 months by focusing on five things: prospects for agents to see, sales support, great products, easy processes for new business/commission tracking and providing great commissions and incentive trips. Having 2 IMOs under the same 'roof' as a career company provides a HUGE advantage that no other company I know of has.

ConsThere are many opportunities still untapped by the company, I expect more good stuff to come in 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Futurity First Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!