Fuze Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Bobby Yerramilli-Rao

Pros
  • Nice office location in San Francisco (in 5 reviews)

• Great work-life balance, and promote a healthy employee culture (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • That nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years (in 3 reviews)

• New management has lots of closed door conversations (in 3 reviews)

Great Product, Vision, CEO and Board

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This product is amazing. from the day it was incepted nearly 7 yrs ago as a white-boarded concept to today, it has just gotten better and better. Our customers love it. The CEO is open, communicative and has good vision. The Chairman is the best you could hope for and is so supportive of the company. The team is committed, driven, of high integrity and hard working.

Cons

Lot's of employee turnover. Some turmoil in engineering. would be nice to not have so many offices.

Advice to Management

Just keep charging hard. You are leading us in the right direction. Stay solid on strategy and don't let committees deviate from your vision.

2. Product with promise

I worked at Fuze

Pros

Talented team members who are passionate about making the product work.

Cons

Lot's of turnover lead to constantly changing strategies.

One of the Best Experiences I've had

Former Employee - Finance and Accounting in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Finance and Accounting in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork from staff was cohesive, fluid, and highly productive- It was Dynamic! almost hive minded.. It wasn't just your co-workers and your role in overall company but it was your TEAM that you could look forward to working with everyday Positive Environment, Idea's and Insights were always valued and encouraged Employee Perks- exceeded that standard on outstanding level - Full Benefits, incentive programs, referral and recruiting bonus, commuter transit and educational reimbursement , 401K, Profit-Sharing, unlimited vacation policy Company lunches, team-building events, community involvement, high priorty placed on work life balance & health, constant encouraging success stories that made it more than just a typical start-up software company- what we did brought people together and created a platform for success to our clients, businesses, students, and world communities.

Cons

Demanding Performance High employee turnaround management change over created set backs that interrupted achieving capstone company goals

Advice to Management

To solve the problems that arise, jump in and get your hands wet to solve the issues- fully understand and know your product set a clear roadmap be consistent and accessible to staff

Getting better but...

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Getting a lot of new faces with new energy coming in. Flexible work hours. Free lunches (Daily for PA/Seattle and Fridays for SF). Unlimited snacks, drinks. Place with lots of opportunities to learn. Recently obtained a fair amount of engineers. Most people who are still around believes in the product, and it feels like we've come a long way.

Cons

However, with recent attrition in the Engineering department, there's a lot of work that needs to be done and not enough people to do it. Also feels like engineers don't get enough recognition (It's always "thanks" to the sales engineer or to support....most issues had to have gone through the eng department at one point or another...) Feels like we should but aren't focused on stabilization. The new work coming in are mostly about design changes and new features whereas we continue to have lots of bugs in what we currently have. Some areas don't get enough attention from the managers--either complete these features or discontinue supporting them. Workload seems to vary between people--some seem to work more than others.

Advice to Management

We have enough managers for a company our size.

6. Exciting company to be a part of with amazing product and team.

I worked at Fuze

Pros

Fuze has an incredibly unique and extraordinary group of people, solid and transparent leadership, and and an overall drive to achieve. It promotes a highly collaborative environment, where employees are encouraged to contribute and push each other to their best. The new management team has made a conscious effort to be highly transparent, and are truly invested in both the employees and the product's continued success. The product itself is truly amazing, and the team has a great vision for what is coming! Work is challenging and rewarding, there is lots of potential for professional growth and a very exciting company to be a part of!

Cons

Because it is still a fairly small company and there is a lot happening, it can be overwhelming at times, but also highly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to build up employee trust, stay transparent and listen to employee input/feedback. There is a great opportunity for this product and this company!

Heading in the right direction

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Fuze for a LONG time. I'm sure this will distinguish who I am as well, but that's fine. I have nothing to hide. Have we experienced rough patches over the years? Yes! But what company hasn't? We've had poor management in the past, and unfortunately it took longer than it should have to change that. The management team we have now however is solid, and is moving us in the right direction. I can't speak for everyone here, but given the changes recently, those that chose to stay are clearly invested in the product and company. Only way to go from here is up!

Cons

Vacation policy was removed a while back, and we were told that essentially we can take paid time off whenever it is needed, whereas before I accrued time off and felt it was earned. This may be a personal feeling, because no one in management has ever made me feel this way, but now there's a sense of guilt I have asking for time off though I still feel I've earned it. Lunches are provided every Friday, which technically is a Pro, but only if you work in the San Fransisco, Seattle, or Palo Alto offices . Other employees or offices do not benefit from this.

Advice to Management

Overall company moral seems to be low currently. Those who work remotely, at times feel left out. Something needs to be done to boost everyone's moral.

Great new environment and positive energy

Current Employee - Lead Ops Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Ops Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new management is great and product is moving up. Free lunch Fridays and Pizza Thursdays. Nice energizing athmosphere with positive feeling. Company is spending resource for trainings to keep in touch with latest technologies.

Cons

A great product needs efforts to make it happen and this is why all people in the company are dedicated on that part. If you are willing to find a place to develop your skills, this is the right example. Not recommending to people willing just to lay out on the couches or play on the ping/pong table.

9. Getting better ...

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent, trustworthy, down to earth, transparent management team who believe in the people and the product Product that's improved significantly in quality and has a better interface than most competitive products A lot of interesting challenges and problems to solve

Cons

With recent attrition there's a lot of work and hiring is an uphill battle

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the business Continue to build trust with the employees

Stellar product, amazing people, huge opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fuze is loaded with talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative matter. Just check out our product! You can literally see progress in motion. Fuze addresses the Evolution of the Workplace: Mobile, Global, Always On. And we drink our own champagne. Here the employees shoulder a lot of the responsibility, but they are trusted to get the job done. The downtown SF location is awesome and will get even better with our move to the 9th floor next month. Gorgeous views.

Cons

Turnover over the past year has been distracting. Very aggressive growth targets which keeps everyone stretched thin.

Advice to Management

Make very smart hires in 2015. Continue to assign value to the unique nature of Fuze's culture. It's the heart of our organization.

Good opportunity in a great culture

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid leadership that is pumping new blood into the company. The Executive Team has been successful at every other stop and it is only a matter of time before they start making serious gains on their competition. Good opportunity for a sales person as the sales team has been thinned out so the territories are large and the leads plentiful. Collaborative work environment, really great personalities in the company.

Cons

Obviously the last 2 years have been rocky. Still some people that don't believe in the new vision or direction, however I expect those people to leave soon. Transition has been painful but that pain is starting to alleviate a bit.

Advice to Management

Define go to market strategy, get creative with pricing structure, spend money on marketing, retain the great people still at Fuze by being transparent and incentivizing them to reach their goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed