Fuze

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014

3.4

David Obrand

Pros
  • Free lunch, unlimited vacation, new offices, very relaxed, no pressure work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment, great co workers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• New management was meant to come in and make things better (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Golden opportunity for professional growth! Incredible team building a world-class product.

Pros

Exciting time to join the company as the wheels are coming on and it's starting to really gather some speed in the market! Employees are encouraged to give their feedback, opinions and thoughts consistently to build the product and the culture. The executive team are incredibly capable and have incredible track records, in the same breath they are all down-to-earth, approachable types that recognize the importance of having a transparent, flatter organizational structure.

Cons

As with any start-up, there is a lot of change and you wear many hats. If you do not like uncertainty and favor structure over autonomy, this may not be your place.

It's on the UP. So excited to see what is around the corner, next week, month and year.

We could have won this space, but we lost our way.... and we were given new leaders who helped us lose our way

Current Employee - Developer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

So much could have been won with this company. We have free lunches, lot's of alcohol, a relaxed "don't work on weekends" mandate and unlimited vacation. We have competitors that fail often, but we fail more often. Pretty lax, low pressure environment, no expectations and little innovation, much different than in the old days, when we cared, we charged hard and we wanted to win.

Cons

Our leadership is focused on internal matters, employee "fun" and endlessly examining data. But no sense for what the data means nor any real desire for customers, who are becoming increasingly angry given product failures. We don't have that "win mentality" anymore. We used to have it, but it was zapped from our culture. Our customers are leaving us, our leaders focus on "internal debate", our investors are angry and always have been, and most concerning, no one here seems to care that much any more. Everyone is looking for a job, our customers are dumping our product and we can't seem to attract new talent that could help us make a difference.

Find a buyer for the company as we do have some decent tech but it's aging, people are losing interest and now is the time to make the hard decision - we are not going to win this space. The market has spoken. That's OK, but let's find a new home before this company empties out.

Wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy

Former Employee - Sales  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fun team. Apple products. Great office location in SF. Unlimited PTO - but no one really takes much of it.

Cons

This company is falling apart from it's foundation. Used to be innovative, but they have missed the mark. The technology is always failing, customers are incredibly dissatisfied, and the data that Fuze has internally makes it impossible to get any work done. Retention rate is the lowest at any sales company I've seen, and many former employees are filing legal cases against Fuze regarding compensation. Not sure about the CEO, but Sales Leadership is absolutely the worst, I'm not even sure the woman in charge has a soul. Would highly recommend not taking a position at this company. It is a sinking ship.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ridiculously low standards for fair and ethical conduct by management.

Pros

small, chaotic, losing revenue. if those things motivate you ;)

Cons

A business may or may not do well. but fair and ethical conduct towards employees is of paramount importance. the company management has an appallingly low standard for principled and fair conduct.

Very nice atmosphere and nice people.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Contemporary technologies, promising product. More freedom and less formal software development framework.

Cons

Middle level management, volatile product design decisions.

Incredible opportunity to make an impact & change the way the world communicates!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There are tons of opportunities at Fuze to really make a difference in your role, to the company, and to our position in the marketplace. Leadership empowers and trusts you to do your job and do it well. They have high expectations, and are helping inspire us to really change the FuzeBox of the past.

Cons

There are still some big changes coming for Fuze in 2014. Fuze is not a place where work processes are set in stone or inflexible: many of our internal processes are still being developed. I personally consider this a good thing, but I know some workers need more definition in their day-to-day. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a chance to make your mark on your team and help build out the internal processes and culture, then this is a fantastic time to join Fuze.

Continue being transparent about where Fuze is headed, especially within the bigger picture of the marketplace. Sharing our big vision for the future is important for inspiring employees.

Great Momentum, Incredible Potential

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Get's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

Cons

There could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Keep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

Times are a changin', but for the better

Pros

Although there have been a lot of personnel changes (primarily in Sales), the new leadership team from Yammer brings experience that's useful to the company. We already have people well versed in the video conferencing market, and now we have experts in SaaS and enterprise selling. It's a winning combination. It's by no means a relaxed place to work, but we're making progress and I'm having fun with my co-workers along the way.

Cons

The Sales team is seeing some turnover which is tough to watch, but this is pretty common amongst other companies I've worked at that have had major leadership changes. The people we're bringing in bright eyed and bushy tailed, but it's yet to be seen how they perform. I'm hoping for the best. Such is the life of being at a startup. Other departments are staying strong, so the problem is isolated at least.

Some parts of the company are in flux, but please stay strong and lead us through. We have the right product market fit and we have a great team to get there. Let's keep pushing and keep this company a fun place to work.

FuzeBox is an exciting place to be. But with growth comes ambiguity.

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People at Fuze are enthusiastic, nice, and dedicated. We're growing. And that's awesome. You get a lot of opportunity to spread your wings and push boundaries. We're working on a holistic, open culture where the various departments can help each other out.

Cons

We're growing. And that can be a disconcerting if you want a work life with more structure.

Failure is the road to success. Don't be afraid to fail. Fail fast, fail early, fail often.

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!