Fuze
www.fuze.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Fuze Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

David Obrand

Pros:
  • "Free coffee and lunch on Fridays"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Free lunch, unlimited vacation, new offices, very relaxed, no pressure work environment"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now"
    in 3 reviews
  • "New management was meant to come in and make things better"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Incredible opportunity to make an impact & change the way the world communicates!

San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are tons of opportunities at Fuze to really make a difference in your role, to the company, and to our position in the marketplace. Leadership empowers and trusts you to do your job and do it well. They have high expectations, and are helping inspire us to really change the FuzeBox of the past.

ConsThere are still some big changes coming for Fuze in 2014. Fuze is not a place where work processes are set in stone or inflexible: many of our internal processes are still being developed. I personally consider this a good thing, but I know some workers need more definition in their day-to-day. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a chance to make your mark on your team and help build out the internal processes and culture, then this is a fantastic time to join Fuze.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being transparent about where Fuze is headed, especially within the bigger picture of the marketplace. Sharing our big vision for the future is important for inspiring employees.

Wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy

Sales (Former Employee)
    South San Francisco, CA

ProsFun team. Apple products. Great office location in SF. Unlimited PTO - but no one really takes much of it.

ConsThis company is falling apart from it's foundation. Used to be innovative, but they have missed the mark. The technology is always failing, customers are incredibly dissatisfied, and the data that Fuze has internally makes it impossible to get any work done. Retention rate is the lowest at any sales company I've seen, and many former employees are filing legal cases against Fuze regarding compensation. Not sure about the CEO, but Sales Leadership is absolutely the worst, I'm not even sure the woman in charge has a soul. Would highly recommend not taking a position at this company. It is a sinking ship.

Ridiculously low standards for fair and ethical conduct by management.

Prossmall, chaotic, losing revenue. if those things motivate you ;)

ConsA business may or may not do well. but fair and ethical conduct towards employees is of paramount importance. the company management has an appallingly low standard for principled and fair conduct.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice atmosphere and nice people.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsContemporary technologies, promising product. More freedom and less formal software development framework.

ConsMiddle level management, volatile product design decisions.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Times are a changin', but for the better

ProsAlthough there have been a lot of personnel changes (primarily in Sales), the new leadership team from Yammer brings experience that's useful to the company. We already have people well versed in the video conferencing market, and now we have experts in SaaS and enterprise selling. It's a winning combination. It's by no means a relaxed place to work, but we're making progress and I'm having fun with my co-workers along the way.

ConsThe Sales team is seeing some turnover which is tough to watch, but this is pretty common amongst other companies I've worked at that have had major leadership changes. The people we're bringing in bright eyed and bushy tailed, but it's yet to be seen how they perform. I'm hoping for the best. Such is the life of being at a startup. Other departments are staying strong, so the problem is isolated at least.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome parts of the company are in flux, but please stay strong and lead us through. We have the right product market fit and we have a great team to get there. Let's keep pushing and keep this company a fun place to work.

Great Momentum, Incredible Potential

Employee (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGet's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

ConsThere could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFree food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

ConsCEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

Advice to Senior Managementstart communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

The golden age of Fuze has come and gone...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

ConsIt's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.

High potential, long way to go

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat employees (made coming to work easy), fun culture (good work/life balance, lots of young, talented people), start-up vibe (ping pong table, casual attire, laid back). Fuze as a product has a lot of potential. It is very sleek and intuitive - I still use it at my current company :)

ConsAlthough it continues to improve, Fuze is still an immature & unreliable product. There is minimal transparency from new management. Employees aren't given the resources/tools to succeed. Career development is extremely unclear. There are constant ups and downs, but that is true of any start up.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management - you have made a vast improvement. There has been a huge leap in integrity, professionalism & organization (I like David!).

However, it is not a wise move to undervalue your current employees. Transparency about the direction of the company is next to nothing unless you were brought over from Yammer. It should be a team effort, no matter your past employer. If you were wise, you'd appreciate the employees you currently have, utilize their talents & not risk losing them to competition. Your turn over is high and that reputation does not go unnoticed (trust me, it is recognized within the tech industry). You can only recruit many ex-Yammer's.

This company is so silly and comical, it needs a tip jar and a 2 drink minimum.

ProsUsed to be a younger crowd but most of the exciting people who made our work days exciting were fired or left after our controversial new management took over. While there is a lot of inner office gossip regarding the cold, new management, they are a hell of a lot better than our previous management.

ConsJV Brand that fancies itself a Varsity player. New management was meant to come in and make things better. They have not. People are still not buying our product. Most employees work in fear of being fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave conversations with the doors open. Don't shut your employees out. We are your greatest asset.

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fuze reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fuze CEO David Obrand . All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Fuze employees.