Fuze

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
2.9

Bobby Yerramilli-Rao

Pros
  • Free coffee and lunch on Fridays (in 6 reviews)

• good location, free lunch on Fridays, company iPad provided (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• That nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Incredible opportunity to make an impact & change the way the world communicates!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

There are tons of opportunities at Fuze to really make a difference in your role, to the company, and to our position in the marketplace. Leadership empowers and trusts you to do your job and do it well. They have high expectations, and are helping inspire us to really change the FuzeBox of the past.

Cons

There are still some big changes coming for Fuze in 2014. Fuze is not a place where work processes are set in stone or inflexible: many of our internal processes are still being developed. I personally consider this a good thing, but I know some workers need more definition in their day-to-day. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a chance to make your mark on your team and help build out the internal processes and culture, then this is a fantastic time to join Fuze.

Continue being transparent about where Fuze is headed, especially within the bigger picture of the marketplace. Sharing our big vision for the future is important for inspiring employees.

Times are a changin', but for the better

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Although there have been a lot of personnel changes (primarily in Sales), the new leadership team from Yammer brings experience that's useful to the company. We already have people well versed in the video conferencing market, and now we have experts in SaaS and enterprise selling. It's a winning combination. It's by no means a relaxed place to work, but we're making progress and I'm having fun with my co-workers along the way.

Cons

The Sales team is seeing some turnover which is tough to watch, but this is pretty common amongst other companies I've worked at that have had major leadership changes. The people we're bringing in bright eyed and bushy tailed, but it's yet to be seen how they perform. I'm hoping for the best. Such is the life of being at a startup. Other departments are staying strong, so the problem is isolated at least.

Some parts of the company are in flux, but please stay strong and lead us through. We have the right product market fit and we have a great team to get there. Let's keep pushing and keep this company a fun place to work.

Very nice atmosphere and nice people.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Contemporary technologies, promising product. More freedom and less formal software development framework.

Cons

Middle level management, volatile product design decisions.

FuzeBox is an exciting place to be. But with growth comes ambiguity.

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People at Fuze are enthusiastic, nice, and dedicated. We're growing. And that's awesome. You get a lot of opportunity to spread your wings and push boundaries. We're working on a holistic, open culture where the various departments can help each other out.

Cons

We're growing. And that can be a disconcerting if you want a work life with more structure.

Failure is the road to success. Don't be afraid to fail. Fail fast, fail early, fail often.

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

Great Momentum, Incredible Potential

Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

Cons

There could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Keep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

High potential, long way to go

I worked at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employees (made coming to work easy), fun culture (good work/life balance, lots of young, talented people), start-up vibe (ping pong table, casual attire, laid back). Fuze as a product has a lot of potential. It is very sleek and intuitive - I still use it at my current company :)

Cons

Although it continues to improve, Fuze is still an immature & unreliable product. There is minimal transparency from new management. Employees aren't given the resources/tools to succeed. Career development is extremely unclear. There are constant ups and downs, but that is true of any start up.

New management - you have made a vast improvement. There has been a huge leap in integrity, professionalism & organization (I like David!).

However, it is not a wise move to undervalue your current employees. Transparency about the direction of the company is next to nothing unless you were brought over from Yammer. It should be a team effort, no matter your past employer. If you were wise, you'd appreciate the employees you currently have, utilize their talents & not risk losing them to competition. Your turn over is high and that reputation does not go unnoticed (trust me, it is recognized within the tech industry). You can only recruit many ex-Yammer's.

The golden age of Fuze has come and gone...

I worked at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.

In Flux for the time being

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership. The new product has a huge upside. Moving to a new office soon which will increase the office vibe. Great work-life balance, and promote a healthy employee culture. Free lunches on Friday.

Cons

There has been a lot of change and flux in the last few months with all of the new executives, and employee transitions. This has caused a lot stress and problems. Once the structure is set in stone, then there can be room for improvement.

What happened to the place I was so excited to be at?

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great group of employees and sales talent. I have literally met some of the nicest, intelligent, innovative, and hardworking individuals within this company - excluding new management and all of their "buddies" that they are bringing onboard.

Cons

When I first joined, I was absolutely THRILLED to be a part of this imaginative company. Current management always had an open ear to their employees, put the customers first, and were actually friendly and cared about their employees.

Update to the new "takeover of 2013", and this is not the same place I started at. The entire sales time is scared every single day of losing their jobs (if you haven't already for some BS reason). Gone is the friendliness and warm environment, replaced by a very cold and countless "closed-door" meetings. New management is very obvious that they do not care about, respect, or even like the majority of the current staffing. The new motto here seems to be "out with all the old, and in with the new (but only if we like you and worked with you before). It breaks my heart to see the vision of this place deteriorated into trying to become the company that previous management hails from. I have not talked to one person at this company that ISN'T looking for elsewhere to work.

Stop and realize the majority of your employees do not trust you, and are looking to leave. You are only as good as your word, and so far, that means absolutely nothing. A bad reputation is starting to follow you and news is getting out. Take a moment and realize that you do NOT know everything, and you have this amazing pool of talent working right next to you that you seem to see absolutely no value in whatsoever. If you were only half as smart as you thought you were this would be such a better place.