Fuze

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.9

Bobby Yerramilli-Rao

Pros
  • Free coffee and lunch on Fridays (in 6 reviews)

• good location, free lunch on Fridays, company iPad provided (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• That nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The golden age of Fuze has come and gone...

I worked at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.

In Flux for the time being

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership. The new product has a huge upside. Moving to a new office soon which will increase the office vibe. Great work-life balance, and promote a healthy employee culture. Free lunches on Friday.

Cons

There has been a lot of change and flux in the last few months with all of the new executives, and employee transitions. This has caused a lot stress and problems. Once the structure is set in stone, then there can be room for improvement.

What happened to the place I was so excited to be at?

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great group of employees and sales talent. I have literally met some of the nicest, intelligent, innovative, and hardworking individuals within this company - excluding new management and all of their "buddies" that they are bringing onboard.

Cons

When I first joined, I was absolutely THRILLED to be a part of this imaginative company. Current management always had an open ear to their employees, put the customers first, and were actually friendly and cared about their employees.

Update to the new "takeover of 2013", and this is not the same place I started at. The entire sales time is scared every single day of losing their jobs (if you haven't already for some BS reason). Gone is the friendliness and warm environment, replaced by a very cold and countless "closed-door" meetings. New management is very obvious that they do not care about, respect, or even like the majority of the current staffing. The new motto here seems to be "out with all the old, and in with the new (but only if we like you and worked with you before). It breaks my heart to see the vision of this place deteriorated into trying to become the company that previous management hails from. I have not talked to one person at this company that ISN'T looking for elsewhere to work.

Stop and realize the majority of your employees do not trust you, and are looking to leave. You are only as good as your word, and so far, that means absolutely nothing. A bad reputation is starting to follow you and news is getting out. Take a moment and realize that you do NOT know everything, and you have this amazing pool of talent working right next to you that you seem to see absolutely no value in whatsoever. If you were only half as smart as you thought you were this would be such a better place.

This company is going places

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New leadership & funding is working out well. There's a sense that we're sitting on a huge market opportunity. The competition doesn't seem to "get it". We believe we've the right product vision (focus on a great end user experience) and we're set for huge growth.

Cons

Current office isn't the best (not enough meetings rooms, layout not the best and small kitchen), though word is improvements are coming.

Keep us fired up!

Great ! Love it here !

Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good opportunities for growth. For anyone willing, there are lots of chances to take ownership and drive features to completion. Great technology to work on. Lots of innovation.

Cons

Need more transparency in terms of stock options. For instance, the total number of shares outstanding.

Fuzebox was a great company to work for, I wish them the best! :)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture! Awesome opportunities for those who posses the skill sets and personalities that will help move the company forward. Great leadership, and positive vibes all around!
    Beer Friday's are super awesome if you are not a remote employee. :)

Cons

If you are looking for a place to spoon feed you or dick around all day, then this is not a place for you. This is a place for good peeps who want to take something small into the big leagues.

Keep it up and don't let the competition gain any headway. You guys will always be some of my fav's, despite being a state away... Much luv to the team! -J

Very good team and product

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ground breaking product
    Good team
    Has a lot of potential
    Nice office
    Very good compensation

Cons

I have been working here for a short time, it was all good until now. So I will leave this part blank.

Great and exciting place to work

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Much to do and learn. Great and smart people. If you enjoy perfecting and building product where your work matters, this is good place to be. Also recent funding started providing cool perks such as fitness reimbursement and free lunches. Hard working environment yet very well balanced work and life culture.

Cons

Parking is not good. But offices are near by Caltrain or Bart.

Nervous about the future

I have been working at Fuze

Pros

Free lunch, unlimited vacation, new offices, very relaxed, no pressure work environment

Cons

Sales seems to have stopped and this is the part I am most concerned about. Not sure what is going on in that department, but the energy is dead. New management has lots of closed door conversations. Not a ton of transparency. Everyone is nervous

Clear communication on how we are going to win this market.

Great culture & Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze (more than an year)

Pros

People here are smart and awesome. Product team definitely steering us in the right direction. Laxed working environment. Free snacks & Friday lunches. Lot of exciting new changes.

Cons

Time discrepancies between offices lead to miscommunications.
    People not respecting common area/shared resources.
    Salary could be better ;)
    Changes are mostly great--overwhelming at times, though.