Fuze

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
2.9

David Obrand

Pros
  • Free coffee and lunch on Fridays (in 6 reviews)

• good location, free lunch on Fridays, company iPad provided (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• That nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at FuzeBox has been the best job in my life!

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at FuzeBox are awesome to work with. It is a fun environment. The dress is casual which I love. Everyone seems to like everyone. You don't hear any gossip. The potential for growth is out of this world. That alone is the reason I am working here. It has the potential to grow into a super power company. And most importantly the CEO cares about the employees.

Cons

FuzeBox is growing fast and going through typical growing pains. It means sometimes you have to work harder until the company can catch up with hiring. But we are hiring like crazy! And that is also very exciting!

Have more all hands meetings to keep everyone up to date on the great things that are coming and happening. Department heads, remember that communication with other departments on changes you are making can affect others. Think about it before you do it and who it will affect.

Pretty good product, average leadership, culture lacking

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Engineering has new leadership which is hopeful (if they last). Sales team is fun, young, talented with a strong leader. Product is sexier than the competition. Good location. High performers rewarded. Weaker links are weeded out. Free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Lack of clear strategy and vision - can't trust what leadership says. Product improving, but nowhere near Enterprise ready. Technology infrastructure is poor leading to product failures for major customers, many who are unhappy. Internal systems a disaster. CEO talks a big game but rarely backs it up. A lot of talking behind people's backs instead of giving direct feedback.

When things go wrong, look at yourself rather than blaming others. Be honest with yourselves, your employees and your customers, and the investors. Invest in fixing what is broken and build a good foundation for growth. Figure out what makes Fuze truly different or you won't last.

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new leadership! It's true that we are having some growing pains like most fast growing tech startups, but hopefully you've noticed that things have improved ... More

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, nice location convenient for commuting, most of the people are nice, catered lunches on Fridays, free coffee & espresso.

Cons

* Constant crisis mode
    * Having to work with engineers in Bulgaria.
    * Extremely buggy apps that were nearly impossible to maintain.
    * Sales & marketing driven, rather than engineering driven.

Throw away all of the code & rewrite it from scratch, not using engineers in Bulgaria.

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Hopefully you're feeling some of the positive impact our new Engineering and Product leaders have brought to the company since you wrote your review. Like all ... More

great gig! fun, making money and customers dig the product!

Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

lots of energy at this company. manager is great, smart and knows how to work deals, tough but fair. he let the weak ones go and is focused on making things better for everyone. the product is fun to sell and we win regularly over gotomeeting and webex. New engineering and marketing execs are awesome!

Cons

tight work area, glad we are moving soon. marketing tools are weak and need to get better. everything keeps going the way it's heading i'll change my 4 out of 5 stars to 5 out of 5

dont sweat the small stuff, we'll kill it no matter what. keep commitment to improve other departments

Account Exective

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Great team to work with and inspiring management. Exciting industry and you are selling a product that is truly needed in the marketplace. People are often impressed with the functionality. Compensation is very fair-and if you go over quota you will be rewarded. Good work life balance. Couldn't say a bad thing, I would recommend to any friend!

Cons

Still very much a start-up, processes are changing all the time. You have to be understanding.

The Fuzeture

Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

FuzeBox is an innovative and growing organization with people who are extremely passionate about what they do. Every day presents something new and exciting and the opportunity to work around people who are grade A talent is invaluable.

FuzeBox culture is fun and interactive. There is not a day that goes by that people are dancing in the hall ways or laughing so much they cry. We are a fun culture, but we get our work done and are focused on the end goal - making FuzeBox the best visual collaboration technology.

Cons

If you are used to a stagnant corporation where every day is the same -- FuzeBox is not the place for you.

Competitive, fun, driven environment

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Really fun work environment. Yet at the same time, everyone is really hungry and driven to succeed.

Cons

Some may find the competitive environment a little daunting. That's just Tech Sales in general though. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money, but you get put under the spot-light if you don't put up good numbers.

Place is falling apart

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast growth, cool area in SF, pretty good health benefits, free lunch on Fridays

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, lack of allocation of resources against deliverables, high turn over in sales department, a hemorrhaging marketing department with no clear direction which is affecting everyone. Major product issues. Current customers not happy, new ones are not happy after purchasing the product. Low moral as people are fearful for their jobs.

Lots of changes need to be made. Listen to your employees. Several of your top talent is gone or was fired -what does that tell you? Focus on a working product. Stop firing at will or you will have no one left.

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

Thanks for sticking with us as we go through the growing pains that most fast growing tech companies go through. Hopefully you've enjoyed the changes that new Engineering, Product, and Marketing ... More

Decent product but company itself leaves much to be desired

Current Employee - Software Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good location, free lunch on Fridays, company iPad provided

Cons

Expectations from interview were complete lies, internal operations of company falling apart. New to sales role at Fuze and was told they were tons of leads coming in which is not the truth. Reps are fighting to stay alive with a new cut throat manager who seems to be firing the closers. No clear training program or sales trainers. People either getting fired or leaving for better opportunities. No clear marketing budget or direction. Not enough support techs to handle influx of product issues.

Bring in more technical resources to support deployments & customers, reps should not have to deal with all aspects of deployments and customer success. Product itself needs to just work- forget about adding more features to beat competition. In the end the masses just want a working product. Bring in better managers that fit the culture. Spend money on marketing so people know who we are when are calling in to them.

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

We appreciate the constructive feedback in your review. I hope you've noticed a lot of the positive changes since you wrote your review. There are definitely things we can improve, but the new ... More

SLEAZEBOX. Blue Jeans and GotoMeeting are better.

I have been working at Fuze

Pros

Free company lunches on Fridays.

Cons

FuzeBox is a company that will make you feel like an invaluable member of the team, just before they fire you without any warning or hire someone else above you... without any proper notice.

FuzeBox is a company that operates out of desperation. Desperation makes people/companies do ugly things in order to get ahead.

The product is just okay. Most customers and industry insiders know that Fuze is the red headed stepchild of video conferencing brands. GotoMeeting, Blue Jeans and Skype all work a lot more reliably. Thats why they have to slap 50% off offers on all of their promotions and marketing materials. Fuze is a little guy trying to travel in a larger space that they are not cut out for.

Be more honest and transparent with employees who are working as hard as they can for you. Fronting that everything is A-OK to honest, hardworking people when behind closed doors you are adding their name to a termination list is a sleazy way to operate a company.

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

Thanks for sticking with us through a transition period. Sometimes the growing pains of a fast growing tech startup are not fun to go through. However, we do care deeply about all our employees and ... More