Fuze

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.9

Bobby Yerramilli-Rao

Pros
  • Free coffee and lunch on Fridays (in 6 reviews)

• good location, free lunch on Fridays, company iPad provided (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• That nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great atmosphere, product and people

I have been working at Fuze

Pros

Culture is friendly and filled with passionate people ready to work. Product stands on its own and delivers. From the CEO to the SVP of Engineering there is always communication and no problem to unimportant for them to pull their attention to if needed.

Cons

Fast paced growing tech company that faces what every other start up experiences.

Keep it up!

Completely dysfunctional environment.

I worked at Fuze

Pros

Good office location. And that's about it.

Cons

You cannot trust what the CEO says. CEO's wife works at the company which is often not told to people during the interview process - and it makes for an incredibly difficult work environment. Just had a major product upgrade fail. WWVP of sales just left. Highly stressful environment where most people are watching their backs all the time. They clearly just had an internal "glass door" blitz to beef up their profile and rating - but advice to anyone considering taking a job here: do your homework.

Advice to the investors: clean house. If you can get new leadership at the top and finally rid the company of the husband - wife team that is causing major dysfunction for many employees and customers, you may be able to salvage the product.

!!! BEWARE !!! Multiple new positive reviews within 1-2 days screams employees were tasked...

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Product - desirable, unfortunately a lack of clear executive vision and constant pre-release product offerings that result in customer and employee frustration.

Employees - Good talent pool that genuinely desires to succeed (excluding friendship and Alumni hires).

Cons

Leadership - Ever changing, excluding CEO and his wife (hmmm...). Those who have hung in there figured the political scene out.

Internal systems - Fragmented at best. Employees work thru systems that don't talk to one another leading to significant loss of productivity and increased frustration. Interestingly enough they should talk to each other but implementation was never saw to completion.

Fiscal responsibility - IT assets laying around everywhere. Need something? Easy buy another.

Friday food - Really people are raving about this? Keep your 10 buck lunch and invest it elsewhere.

Make up you mind and see it thru. Were frustrated with your rip and replace style, it's not working. Stay the course and invest into systems your employees struggle with daily. Start by asking your employees "What drives them crazy" or better spend 10 mins next to us so we can show you specifics and don't penalize us for being honest. Casual cheap talk and glad handing around the office does nothing for anyone.

Working at FuzeBox has been the best job in my life!

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at FuzeBox are awesome to work with. It is a fun environment. The dress is casual which I love. Everyone seems to like everyone. You don't hear any gossip. The potential for growth is out of this world. That alone is the reason I am working here. It has the potential to grow into a super power company. And most importantly the CEO cares about the employees.

Cons

FuzeBox is growing fast and going through typical growing pains. It means sometimes you have to work harder until the company can catch up with hiring. But we are hiring like crazy! And that is also very exciting!

Have more all hands meetings to keep everyone up to date on the great things that are coming and happening. Department heads, remember that communication with other departments on changes you are making can affect others. Think about it before you do it and who it will affect.

Pretty good product, average leadership, culture lacking

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Engineering has new leadership which is hopeful (if they last). Sales team is fun, young, talented with a strong leader. Product is sexier than the competition. Good location. High performers rewarded. Weaker links are weeded out. Free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Lack of clear strategy and vision - can't trust what leadership says. Product improving, but nowhere near Enterprise ready. Technology infrastructure is poor leading to product failures for major customers, many who are unhappy. Internal systems a disaster. CEO talks a big game but rarely backs it up. A lot of talking behind people's backs instead of giving direct feedback.

When things go wrong, look at yourself rather than blaming others. Be honest with yourselves, your employees and your customers, and the investors. Invest in fixing what is broken and build a good foundation for growth. Figure out what makes Fuze truly different or you won't last.

Fuze Response

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new leadership! It's true that we are having some growing pains like most fast growing tech startups, but hopefully you've noticed that things have improved ... More

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, nice location convenient for commuting, most of the people are nice, catered lunches on Fridays, free coffee & espresso.

Cons

* Constant crisis mode
    * Having to work with engineers in Bulgaria.
    * Extremely buggy apps that were nearly impossible to maintain.
    * Sales & marketing driven, rather than engineering driven.

Throw away all of the code & rewrite it from scratch, not using engineers in Bulgaria.

Fuze Response

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Hopefully you're feeling some of the positive impact our new Engineering and Product leaders have brought to the company since you wrote your review. Like all ... More

great gig! fun, making money and customers dig the product!

Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than a year)

Pros

lots of energy at this company. manager is great, smart and knows how to work deals, tough but fair. he let the weak ones go and is focused on making things better for everyone. the product is fun to sell and we win regularly over gotomeeting and webex. New engineering and marketing execs are awesome!

Cons

tight work area, glad we are moving soon. marketing tools are weak and need to get better. everything keeps going the way it's heading i'll change my 4 out of 5 stars to 5 out of 5

dont sweat the small stuff, we'll kill it no matter what. keep commitment to improve other departments

Account Exective

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Great team to work with and inspiring management. Exciting industry and you are selling a product that is truly needed in the marketplace. People are often impressed with the functionality. Compensation is very fair-and if you go over quota you will be rewarded. Good work life balance. Couldn't say a bad thing, I would recommend to any friend!

Cons

Still very much a start-up, processes are changing all the time. You have to be understanding.

The Fuzeture

Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than a year)

Pros

FuzeBox is an innovative and growing organization with people who are extremely passionate about what they do. Every day presents something new and exciting and the opportunity to work around people who are grade A talent is invaluable.

FuzeBox culture is fun and interactive. There is not a day that goes by that people are dancing in the hall ways or laughing so much they cry. We are a fun culture, but we get our work done and are focused on the end goal - making FuzeBox the best visual collaboration technology.

Cons

If you are used to a stagnant corporation where every day is the same -- FuzeBox is not the place for you.

Competitive, fun, driven environment

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Really fun work environment. Yet at the same time, everyone is really hungry and driven to succeed.

Cons

Some may find the competitive environment a little daunting. That's just Tech Sales in general though. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money, but you get put under the spot-light if you don't put up good numbers.