Fuze

Fuze Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 8, 2014

David Obrand

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Incredible opportunity to make an impact & change the way the world communicates!

San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are tons of opportunities at Fuze to really make a difference in your role, to the company, and to our position in the marketplace. Leadership empowers and trusts you to do your job and do it well. They have high expectations, and are helping inspire us to really change the FuzeBox of the past.

ConsThere are still some big changes coming for Fuze in 2014. Fuze is not a place where work processes are set in stone or inflexible: many of our internal processes are still being developed. I personally consider this a good thing, but I know some workers need more definition in their day-to-day. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a chance to make your mark on your team and help build out the internal processes and culture, then this is a fantastic time to join Fuze.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being transparent about where Fuze is headed, especially within the bigger picture of the marketplace. Sharing our big vision for the future is important for inspiring employees.

We could have won this space, but we lost our way.... and we were given new leaders who helped us lose our way

Developer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsSo much could have been won with this company. We have free lunches, lot's of alcohol, a relaxed "don't work on weekends" mandate and unlimited vacation. We have competitors that fail often, but we fail more often. Pretty lax, low pressure environment, no expectations and little innovation, much different than in the old days, when we cared, we charged hard and we wanted to win.

ConsOur leadership is focused on internal matters, employee "fun" and endlessly examining data. But no sense for what the data means nor any real desire for customers, who are becoming increasingly angry given product failures. We don't have that "win mentality" anymore. We used to have it, but it was zapped from our culture. Our customers are leaving us, our leaders focus on "internal debate", our investors are angry and always have been, and most concerning, no one here seems to care that much any more. Everyone is looking for a job, our customers are dumping our product and we can't seem to attract new talent that could help us make a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a buyer for the company as we do have some decent tech but it's aging, people are losing interest and now is the time to make the hard decision - we are not going to win this space. The market has spoken. That's OK, but let's find a new home before this company empties out.

Great Momentum, Incredible Potential

Employee (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGet's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

ConsThere could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFree food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

ConsCEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

Advice to Senior Managementstart communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

In Flux for the time being

San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat leadership. The new product has a huge upside. Moving to a new office soon which will increase the office vibe. Great work-life balance, and promote a healthy employee culture. Free lunches on Friday.

ConsThere has been a lot of change and flux in the last few months with all of the new executives, and employee transitions. This has caused a lot stress and problems. Once the structure is set in stone, then there can be room for improvement.

This company is going places

San Francisco, CA

ProsNew leadership & funding is working out well. There's a sense that we're sitting on a huge market opportunity. The competition doesn't seem to "get it". We believe we've the right product vision (focus on a great end user experience) and we're set for huge growth.

ConsCurrent office isn't the best (not enough meetings rooms, layout not the best and small kitchen), though word is improvements are coming.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep us fired up!

Great ! Love it here !

Technical Lead (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsVery good opportunities for growth. For anyone willing, there are lots of chances to take ownership and drive features to completion. Great technology to work on. Lots of innovation.

ConsNeed more transparency in terms of stock options. For instance, the total number of shares outstanding.

Great culture & Awesome place to work

San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople here are smart and awesome. Product team definitely steering us in the right direction. Laxed working environment. Free snacks & Friday lunches. Lot of exciting new changes.

ConsTime discrepancies between offices lead to miscommunications.
    People not respecting common area/shared resources.
    Salary could be better ;)
    Changes are mostly great--overwhelming at times, though.

Current employee not tasked with writing a review.

Sales (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat sales culture, breeds accountability and competitiveness
    Lots of work currently going into marketing, exactly what was missing
    Perks - new wellness program, good salary, free lunch Fridays, stock options
    Innovative product that, when compared apples to apples, beats the competition

ConsA little bit more work to do on the product to make it the absolute market leader
    Lack of transparency on comp plans
    Lots of changes recently

Advice to Senior ManagementData-driven decision-making. Slow, deliberate product upgrades/updates. Transparency.

Beware of fake positive reports written by sales people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI have worked for Fuzebox less than a year and happy to report that no longer...

On the upside, they have a fairly decent product. In most cases, they will attempt to treat you right but whether it will actually happen is up to the chance. Overall, they are a nice group of people, highly intelligent and fun to work with

ConsThat nice group of people is led by the most inept management team I have seen in years. As other have mentioned, there is no transparency and accountability, nobody on the management team was ever held accountable for their random decisions. Marching orders change randomly and God bless your heart if you are so silly as to believe what your manager is telling you. Most people I spoke with are secretly looking for a job - that may tell you something...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together, will you?

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fuze reviews and ratings in San Francisco, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fuze CEO David Obrand . All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Fuze employees.