Fuze

Updated July 8, 2014
Updated July 8, 2014

3.4

David Obrand

Pros
  • Free lunch, unlimited vacation, new offices, very relaxed, no pressure work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment, great co workers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Would like to work from home more but I get why that's not the best for now (in 3 reviews)

• New management was meant to come in and make things better (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Incredible opportunity to make an impact & change the way the world communicates!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There are tons of opportunities at Fuze to really make a difference in your role, to the company, and to our position in the marketplace. Leadership empowers and trusts you to do your job and do it well. They have high expectations, and are helping inspire us to really change the FuzeBox of the past.

Cons

There are still some big changes coming for Fuze in 2014. Fuze is not a place where work processes are set in stone or inflexible: many of our internal processes are still being developed. I personally consider this a good thing, but I know some workers need more definition in their day-to-day. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a chance to make your mark on your team and help build out the internal processes and culture, then this is a fantastic time to join Fuze.

Continue being transparent about where Fuze is headed, especially within the bigger picture of the marketplace. Sharing our big vision for the future is important for inspiring employees.

We could have won this space, but we lost our way.... and we were given new leaders who helped us lose our way

Current Employee - Developer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

So much could have been won with this company. We have free lunches, lot's of alcohol, a relaxed "don't work on weekends" mandate and unlimited vacation. We have competitors that fail often, but we fail more often. Pretty lax, low pressure environment, no expectations and little innovation, much different than in the old days, when we cared, we charged hard and we wanted to win.

Cons

Our leadership is focused on internal matters, employee "fun" and endlessly examining data. But no sense for what the data means nor any real desire for customers, who are becoming increasingly angry given product failures. We don't have that "win mentality" anymore. We used to have it, but it was zapped from our culture. Our customers are leaving us, our leaders focus on "internal debate", our investors are angry and always have been, and most concerning, no one here seems to care that much any more. Everyone is looking for a job, our customers are dumping our product and we can't seem to attract new talent that could help us make a difference.

Find a buyer for the company as we do have some decent tech but it's aging, people are losing interest and now is the time to make the hard decision - we are not going to win this space. The market has spoken. That's OK, but let's find a new home before this company empties out.

Great Momentum, Incredible Potential

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Get's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

Cons

There could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Keep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FuzeBox is an exciting place to be. But with growth comes ambiguity.

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People at Fuze are enthusiastic, nice, and dedicated. We're growing. And that's awesome. You get a lot of opportunity to spread your wings and push boundaries. We're working on a holistic, open culture where the various departments can help each other out.

Cons

We're growing. And that can be a disconcerting if you want a work life with more structure.

Failure is the road to success. Don't be afraid to fail. Fail fast, fail early, fail often.

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

In Flux for the time being

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great leadership. The new product has a huge upside. Moving to a new office soon which will increase the office vibe. Great work-life balance, and promote a healthy employee culture. Free lunches on Friday.

Cons

There has been a lot of change and flux in the last few months with all of the new executives, and employee transitions. This has caused a lot stress and problems. Once the structure is set in stone, then there can be room for improvement.

This company is going places

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

New leadership & funding is working out well. There's a sense that we're sitting on a huge market opportunity. The competition doesn't seem to "get it". We believe we've the right product vision (focus on a great end user experience) and we're set for huge growth.

Cons

Current office isn't the best (not enough meetings rooms, layout not the best and small kitchen), though word is improvements are coming.

Keep us fired up!

Great ! Love it here !

Current Employee - Technical Lead  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very good opportunities for growth. For anyone willing, there are lots of chances to take ownership and drive features to completion. Great technology to work on. Lots of innovation.

Cons

Need more transparency in terms of stock options. For instance, the total number of shares outstanding.

Great culture & Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People here are smart and awesome. Product team definitely steering us in the right direction. Laxed working environment. Free snacks & Friday lunches. Lot of exciting new changes.

Cons

Time discrepancies between offices lead to miscommunications.
    People not respecting common area/shared resources.
    Salary could be better ;)
    Changes are mostly great--overwhelming at times, though.

Current employee not tasked with writing a review.

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great sales culture, breeds accountability and competitiveness
    Lots of work currently going into marketing, exactly what was missing
    Perks - new wellness program, good salary, free lunch Fridays, stock options
    Innovative product that, when compared apples to apples, beats the competition

Cons

A little bit more work to do on the product to make it the absolute market leader
    Lack of transparency on comp plans
    Lots of changes recently

Data-driven decision-making. Slow, deliberate product upgrades/updates. Transparency.

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!