G.A. Wright Reviews

Retail Consultant

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

If your goal is to work for yourself helping small to medium sized businesses succeed, enjoy traveling, and having control of how much time you want to work, GAW is right for you, as it has been for me these past 7 years! Everybody at GAW, from owner Gary Wright to the receptionists have been nothing but nice, proffessional, and always available to answer any question or give assistance as needed. I don't understand some of the negative posts I have read here, as this is not the experience I have encountered. This is a business, and as in any business, you must work hard to succeed, and those who succeed will always be held in greater esteem. As an independent contractor, you can control your own destiny, just accomplish the tasks at hand, in the manner prescribed. Those who don't find success here are either incapable of running a successful business, or do not want to put forth the effort to accomplish their goals. I for one do, and will continue to do so, as I truly enjoy what I do and the folks I work with at G.A. Wright.

Cons

Sometimes the travel does get a bit long, especially when you are across country from your home for an extended period of time, but you must take the good with the bad, as we all were aware of the requirements of our position at GAW.

More communication between field consultants, regional reps and management.

22 years of professional association

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant  in  Port Huron, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant in Port Huron, MI

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

I have had excellent support and relationship for 22 years without 1 complaint or problem. Working remote from Denver, CO anywhere in North America, it is essential to have good communications and support from the home office. In every case this was provided by Gary Wright and his staff.

Cons

You are away from home. So you have to like meeting new people in new places. Every assignment has an interesting challenge.

Keep up the good work

Strong Support

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

G.A. Wright has been as supportive as possible to those of us in the field. This company changes daily to support the needs of the retail industry and I am proud to have been a part of it for well over 20 years. Communication is a plus and everyone including Gary make themselves available whenever needed. A great support team that works both ways. I have no complaints, only praise for the services offered and the caliber of the entire group.

It takes a special kind of person to work this type of job and to travel where needed. Those that are not cut out for it or do not have the skills required, complain. The skilled are long term, have enjoyed our association with G.A. Wright and we keep doing it year after year!

Cons

Over the years when problems or questions have come up, Gary has acted quickly to correct them.

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An opportunity to Enjoy what you're doing and do what you Enjoy!

Current Employee - Retail Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

After many years of retail corporate and field experience I found G.A. Wright a place to utilize all the skills and knowledge of operating a successful business I had learned. Working one-on-one with various clients to achieve their goals, be it a promotional sale or closing sale, is extremely self rewarding. The support from the office staff has always been consistent with their desire to see each consultant succeed on every contract they are working.

Cons

Every company has it's quirks and hurdles, it's all how you approach each situation to achieve the results.

I've met a number of fellow consultants over the years and the more ideas we can share would be a benefit to all.

Great company to be associated with

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

G A Wright provides an opportunity to work with a variety of clients and a variety of situations. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that you have helped a client out of a stressful situation or made their sale a great success. G A Wright provides the guidelines and the tools but they leave the implementation to your expertise.

Cons

I have had no complaints

Keep up the good work

Best Company I have ever worked with!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

After 20 years in Big Box Multi Unit Mgt, I have finally found a home with a company with a great moral compass, Inspired leadership and carry the flag of the company proudly. With so many choices for small businesses i have found after completing over 20 projects for GA Wright that in every case, the independent small business that I worked with was overwhelmed with the positive results and methods used to achieve their goals. I have always been treated as a hero by the company and hope to work for years to come! The position gives me the flex ability and challenge needed to keep me engaged for many years!

Cons

There are none. If you are a professorial looking for a company to be a partner with and to use your years of skill sets in a healthy environment that G A Wright is the place to work

Keep up the great work!

Are you GA Wright material?

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to use your experience, knowledge, skills and creativity everyday. You can be as successful as you challenge yourself to be. No politics, no corporate ladder, no discrimination and dangling carrots. Do what you know how to do and do it well. That's all. If you do need support, its there. You get to help and meet some wonderful people.

Cons

Not enough opportunity for consultants to interact with each others.

Keep standards high.

A chance to excell

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

After working for big box companys for years it is great to have the chance to think out of the box and do things that work. The decisions I make really effect the lives of others in a positive way. Each assignment is a new challange so it never gets old. The support of management when needed has always been helpful. I now enjoy going to work. Never need to look over shoulder about decisions!

Cons

None sofar, but its only been 8 years. Are you kidding I have seen the world!

You have a great system don't change it. Thanks for all you one on one support!

Great company to work with! Supportive!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic office staff! Always willing to help to make everyone successful. Management there for me 24/7! CEO - True definition of an officer and a gentleman! Supportive in both professional and personal crisis. Small company with large heart!

Cons

Former employees who do not understand the value of comittment, self motivation, and personal responsibility.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Great Company to Work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at G.A. Wright full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing People! The work environment for this retail consulting company is wonderful, its a small office and we all get along really well. We stay very busy and support each other to get the job done. I am given space to work and am never bored!

Cons

Its a long drive to work

Keep doing what your doing, I am happy to be employed by GA Wright

Worked for G.A. Wright? Contribute to the Community!