G Casinos

Updated November 2, 2014
2.7

CEO

Perfect place for students

Current Employee - Dealer in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Dealer in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and a very friendly environment for students. I have been working at G Casino Portsmouth for a year now alongside my university course and it's been amazing! Easily balanced work and uni load.

Cons

A few more staff events to promote better communication and socializing would be s good touch

Food and Beverage- Seriously under staffed, confused company image, under appreciative stuck up management.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Host and Bartender in New Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at G Casinos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is reasonable for a hospitality job, but only considering that the wage is higher after midnight.

Cons

-Completely unsociable hours.

-Not allowed on site other than working, so no sociable aspect to the job.

-Exhaustingly understaffed.

-Tips are all pooled between EVERYONE. Including management and as far as I could tell, a higher ratio of them went to the management as the amount received in pay was extremely small compared to how much was personally taken.

-Some clientele are very rude and will make you feel like a personal slave. I can understand this can happen anywhere, however they seem to be more inclined to do it as they are spending money on the gambling side.

-Management will use the staff as personal waiters, even when busy- not the best use of staff time.

-A good majority of F&B staff are zero hours contracted. Having been one myself and constantly requesting a full time contract due to working over the contracted 40 hours of other staff, nothing was done. Therefore I could only imagine it was either upper management restrictions, or it was simply being ignored. Given this, I can not say there was any room for growth within the company. This was over a period of a year and a half.

-The team morale was so low due to the stress of the job that many did not turn into work every weekend, therefore increasing the stress of other members staff.

Start by appreciating loyal hard working staff, morale will improve, staff will turn into work and service will be better.
    Realistically prioritise between the gambling and food and beverage sides to the venue, as I personally know that attention is very strongly weighed towards the gambling, even though the F&B section takes an impressive amount of money even with a lack of staff. The F&B is a strong support to the gambling and almost becoming something of its own business of a weekend. I do find that leaving it without its own management is incredibly foolish.

its been ok, watchout for the politics though

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

free food at osborne rd. and half decent meals for the staff.

Cons

hard work isnt appreciated and its career prospects seem little for the culinary side of things

pay the chefs the same as the croupiers, they might just start caring