G Casinos Reviews

Reset
3.3
CEO

1. Valet for food and Beverage

Former Employee - Valet in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Valet in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at G Casinos part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very upbeat and positive environment. The job allows you to experience all areas of the casino, including the card room, serving the gaming floor, behind the bar and in the restaurant. You are trained in all of these areas and shifts are alternated in different areas. Tips are great and the majority of people (most of the time) are friendly. there is almost always an opportunity to take up some overtime. There are also great incentives to work hard and a discount scheme for working at the casino. The also have free staff meals but if they do not take your fancy, you have 50% discount on food.

Cons

Due to the casino being 24 hours, you would be required to work some late night or early morning shifts. Its important to remember that because its a casino there are always customers that may have lost money and therefore may be rude - but I found there is just equal amounts of rude people in the casino than there is in any food and beverage environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to use incentives as they really do work! Continue to let all members of the F&B team to work in all areas of the casino.

2. rubbish

Pros

Great people, some happy friendly customers. Excellent foundations for customer service , appeasing difficult people, managing tough situations.

Cons

Run by amateurs. Most management start in casinos and know nothing else. They are disloyal, haughty and lack respect.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves you wouldn't believe the turnover at other joints, some make yours look like corner shops. And I knew the showbar was a crap idea.

3. No stress, fair pay

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hours/week, or if more overtime is payed. Break every 2 hours, no stress, friendly staff.

Cons

Can be boring sometimes, not much chance for progression or promotion. Mostly night work.

Advice to Management

engage more with the staff

5. Great Team, Good Fun, Pay not great.

Current Employee - Gaming Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Gaming Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the most fun engaged teams I have worked with. Good atmosphere driven by a friendly outgoing team that are willing to learn and teach alike.

Cons

The pay is not great considering the job responsibilities and pressures. This is also compounded by the lack of a weighting allowance based on location.

6. G Casinos

Pros

Good wage and career structure

Cons

poor hours having to work through the night till 6am

7. Perfect place for students

Current Employee - Dealer in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Dealer in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and a very friendly environment for students. I have been working at G Casino Portsmouth for a year now alongside my university course and it's been amazing! Easily balanced work and uni load.

Cons

A few more staff events to promote better communication and socializing would be s good touch

8. Enjoyable

Pros

Currently work at the g casino Brighton and I really do enjoy working there. We are a close bunch everyone does. Get on with everyone and it's a fun relaxing place to work it is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

wages are terrible if you wanna live in Brighton so struggle to do things after bills rent food shopping, there's no progression that won't take less than 2 years n a wage rise won't be great with more responsibility, some staff are miserable n don't care for there job and won't leave

Advice to Management

Management at the casino are good n nice they just do what head office say. And I would say to them make more wages available for staff to make them happy,update a few things in the building, maybe visit and see what we are dealing with down here

Food and Beverage- Seriously under staffed, confused company image, under appreciative stuck up management.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Host and Bartender in New Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at G Casinos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is reasonable for a hospitality job, but only considering that the wage is higher after midnight.

Cons

-Completely unsociable hours. -Not allowed on site other than working, so no sociable aspect to the job. -Exhaustingly understaffed. -Tips are all pooled between EVERYONE. Including management and as far as I could tell, a higher ratio of them went to the management as the amount received in pay was extremely small compared to how much was personally taken. -Some clientele are very rude and will make you feel like a personal slave. I can understand this can happen anywhere, however they seem to be more inclined to do it as they are spending money on the gambling side. -Management will use the staff as personal waiters, even when busy- not the best use of staff time. -A good majority of F&B staff are zero hours contracted. Having been one myself and constantly requesting a full time contract due to working over the contracted 40 hours of other staff, nothing was done. Therefore I could only imagine it was either upper management restrictions, or it was simply being ignored. Given this, I can not say there was any room for growth within the company. This was over a period of a year and a half. -The team morale was so low due to the stress of the job that many did not turn into work every weekend, therefore increasing the stress of other members staff.

Advice to Management

Start by appreciating loyal hard working staff, morale will improve, staff will turn into work and service will be better. Realistically prioritise between the gambling and food and beverage sides to the venue, as I personally know that attention is very strongly weighed towards the gambling, even though the F&B section takes an impressive amount of money even with a lack of staff. The F&B is a strong support to the gambling and almost becoming something of its own business of a weekend. I do find that leaving it without its own management is incredibly foolish.

10. its been ok, watchout for the politics though

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at G Casinos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food at osborne rd. and half decent meals for the staff.

Cons

hard work isnt appreciated and its career prospects seem little for the culinary side of things

Advice to Management

pay the chefs the same as the croupiers, they might just start caring

RSS Feed </> Embed